Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

sunbeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
everyone knows that sunbeds are dangerous, but according to a programme i saw a while ago, when there is a glass screen between the uv bulbs and where u stand, it is not as dangerous.

well, ive used sunbeds before and they've always had this glass screen. today i booked a course at a new place, and i went on the sunbed as usual and then saw that there was no glass screen just a wire thing with holes in to stop u leaning against the bulbs.

well, my mom said that as they are a member of the sunbed assosiation that i needent worry, but im not so sure

anyone know nethin???

Comments

• Options
    When you use sunbeds, you're dicing with death anyway.

You wouldn't believe the number of sunbed related deaths that happen every year.
  • Options
    you are also dicing with death when you smoke, when you drink, when you leave the house, when you go on holiday, when you get into a car, when you breathe.

i already know they are dangerous but so are so many other things, anyway, does anyone know about this screen and whether there is meant to be one or not?
  • Options
    I was taking the piss :p

Anyway, if it's just a plain glass screen, it wont do much to filter out any UV radiation.
  • Options
    The tanned look doesn't look that great anyway I reckon :p
  • Options
    Sunbeds I think are good, because people who are too cheap to go on holiday can still get a tan :p
  • Options
    yeh theyre great arent they

im goin on holiday friday and i dont wana be the only whitey on the beach