Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Half pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am wondering how long the effects of half a pill would last? I know it says on many fact sheets effects from 3-6 hours but im sure they would mean a full one so i need answers from personal experiences.

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    This is a difficult quetsion really...

I wouldn't say you'd feel 'pilled up' for much longer than 2 or 3 hours on half a pill, the main effects would certainly be wearing off by then. But then you'll know you've done one the next day - though the after effects will be minimal in that quantity and barley noticable!

In my experience people that do half their first time end up doing the other half a couple of hours after the first. ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends entirely on whats in the pill. MDMA should last aprox about 4 hours but in a low dose it will be a bit lower than that. Normal pills these days are only about 50mg so its unlikely you'd get much effect from 1/2, but still on your first time I'd recomend starting with that and seeing how it works for you.
    If i was to take it the first time it would be half a pill and i wouldnt want to be "pilled up" for too long.
    If you have a time scale on the experiance I wouldnt bother, you'll need the whole evening for it even if you only do a half. As with all drugs really if your not in a place where you can relax and enjoy yourself then its not worth doing them.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    If you have a time scale on the experiance I wouldnt bother, you'll need the whole evening for it even if you only do a half. As with all drugs really if your not in a place where you can relax and enjoy yourself then its not worth doing them.

I will have the full evening for it but i want to make sure about the times anyway. Iknow,drugs are for areas were u can relax and do nothing and just float away.
    Lets say you have access to an 'normal' pill, which these days is 50mg of not massively well made MDMA.

If you take half thats approx 25mg, I'd say after about 20-30mins you might feel a little lightness in your stomach and feel a bit happier and a bit more lively. But at this level its more likely to be just your mind playing with you.

If you KNOW the pill is 50mg then what you should do to get the proper experiance is to do two, sit back, wait 20-30mins and soon you'll feel this rush, the world will speed up, you'll have a massive grin on your face, and you'll get the feeling that everything is how it should be, everything is really good, the worlds a beautiful place and your sooo glad to be a part of it. And then the bass kicks in and you keep rushing and dance like your a nutter for a couple of hours, have a really really intense conversation with your mate about anything at all, it will wear off and you'll go to bed.

Either that or you'll have a nasty reaction to it and drop dead on the spot. But thats unlikely.
    I would only do it if it was half a one the first time, is it a strong nausea? would having a toke calm you down or would that ruin the e?
    Personaly I've never had a problems with pills and being sick, on occation I've had burping problems but they can be solved easily with 'windeeze'.

I wouldnt smoke puff to settle your stomach, but thats mainly because I've found that it never really settles my stomach, but others beg to differ.
    It wont effect the experiance drasticly, unless you get totaly wasted on the pot that is. If you do soke, keep it light.
    it dosen't settle stomachs no, it makes them have a greater quench for hunger :yum:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Shogun
    it dosen't settle stomachs no, it makes them have a greater quench for hunger :yum:

You won't be hungry on pill no matter how much you smoke!

Generally when I'm coming up on a pill I find that smoking makes me gag :yuck: ...I'm one of thos people who always used to be sick while coming up on a pill if I had a lot of liquids in my stomache. It wasn't harsh, like being sick on alcohol, I just seemed to bring up a little bit of fluids. You won't be sick on a half tho!
    Weekender Offender 
    I know a few people who are sick on occation when using pills, but its never really a bad thing for them. I know what sounds odd, but they normaly feel a bit odd, then go off and be sick and come back feeling totaly fine.
    Its not like with booze were the sickness doesnt go away after you have been sick.