Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Did the Iranian Guard murder British soldiers.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here's my question and considerations. I don't have the answer.

Against the idea: It could have been Iraqi Shi'ites who killed the Brits because the soldiers had searched houses including the rooms of girls...which some Shi-ites saw as a violation of the girls' virtures.

It was well-known the Brits were unarmed...the thought the area was secured.

For the idea that it's Iranian Guard under orders from the radical Muslim Clerks running Iran:

The Shi'ite welcomed the overthrow of Saddam because he murdered millions of them...including dropping petrol (your word) on crowds of them from a plane in Southern Iraq and lighting it on fire.

The Iranian Guard is working with Hezbollah in Lebanon to attack the West.

So what's your opinion.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Did the Iranian Guard murder British soldiers.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    It could have been Iraqi Shi'ites who killed the Brits because the soldiers had searched houses including the rooms of girls...which some Shi-ites saw as a violation of the girls' virtures.

It may also have had something to do with the use of sniffer dogs generally, which was seen as an insult.

Of course, call me a cynic if you will, it may have been motivated by the fact that the UK/US are an occupying power and that some resistance should be expected. The Shiites may have welcomed the overthrow of Saddam but that doesn't mean that they will welcome the westerners.

Additionally, the US forces are now taking serious steps to maintain their security and the Brits were an easy target so...
  • Options
    that was insightful. didn't know about the dogs.