Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saddam was going to build a nuclear bomb.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't trust the American... or any media... But if Sadaam really was going to build a bomb (and the plan thing could have been made up to cover the fact that Iraq has no wmd) then why would America/UK have any right to knock him? After all, no country is free of corruption, eh?
  • Options
    9/11 taught Americans again, like Perl Harbor did generations before, that you can't ignore evil or have an "its all good" view of the world. If someone is planning to attack you...you have to get them first. I don't speak for all Americans when I post on the site. But I think I'm conveying the feeling here since 9/11.

So, do North Korea, Iran, and Saddam's Iraq have the right to have any weapon? Yes. Is it smart to let them have any weapon. No.
  • Options
    Nor is it smart to have the American Military controlled by someone like Bush.
  • Options
    Ren, right now people trust Bush because there hasn't been another successful attack. If there were many attacks...he'd be out. As it is, I think he'll be in office again for a long time.
  • Options
    One sentence from that article sums it all up nicely:

"The gas centrifuge equipment dates to Iraq's pre-1991 efforts to build nuclear weapons. "

As usual, distorting irrelevant findings in order to attempt to justify the illegal war and occupation of Iraq pnj? Contrary to the title you gave this thread, Saddam wasn't going to build a nuclear bomb.

I had the misfortune of hearing the illiterate monkey on the car radio on my holiday the other day during the news bulletin, but what he said made me laugh. He now reckons that all WMDs have been nicked by looters, and that's why the Allies can't find them. :rolleyes: :lol:

Then he went on to remind everyone that in any case Iraq had WMDs in the past and had used them. No doubt he did not find any more time to add that the WMDs had been happily supplied by the US government, and that the use of them happened in 1988 with the US' full approval.
  • Options
    distorting irrelevant findings in order to attempt to justify the illegal war

No. My views are an honest expression as to how I feel. No board is a place to change public opinion about anything or anyone. They're just boards. The fact that this article talked about a weapon burried from when I was 4 0r 5 couldn't be used to justify WMD.

Within the US, (I'm pretty sure I'm accurate on this) don't need WMD to justify the war. They trust Bush or just view Saddam as a bad guy who could have been up to something.
  • Options
    Making a statement such as "Saddam was going to build a nuclear bomb" when the news associated with it suggests nothing of the sort would qualify as distorting information in most people's books. Unless you completely misunderstood the article.

Not too long ago on another thread you tried again to justify the illegal war and occupation of Iraq by saying that "a second Al Qaida group was operating out of Iraq". But close scrutiny of the article provided revealed only that one of the men involved in a recent terrorist attack in Morocco used to live in Iraq. Not exactly the same thing is it?
  • Options
    But he was the leader Aladdin.

I know in the UK most people want proof of the wmd's. In the US, only the democrats do. Most people want to feel safe. I posted an article, unflattering of America, from the Arab News. The writer got the mood of America right. The mood is described at the end of the short article.

As for me, I'm just here to express opinions. This was interesting to me...and for me justifies the war because the scientist said Saddam was just waiting for the world's attention to get off Iraq.
  • Options
    There was a very interesting article in Newsweek about two weeks ago which basically rubbishes all of these scare stories.

Essentially the most reputable of the Iraqi turnocats (someone who Hussein had assassinated because of his danger) told the US Government way back in 1997 that Hussein had destroyed his WMD and his nuclear capability, as demanded by the UN. He was 100% accurate as to previous dumps and so on, and he told where the arsenals of normal weapons were.

Strangely this CNN article appears to neglect to mention this. What a shame.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm just watching it play out. Look for security alerts to go up next week. July 4th.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Yeah, I'm just watching it play out. Look for security alerts to go up next week. July 4th.

There will, of course, be no danger. But it is a useful way of keeping the population under control.

Bush is hella lot brighter than people give him credit for. Hes a shoo-in at the next election cos everyone will be too afraid to vote against the fucker.
  • Options
    There's a lot of truth to what you say. And speaking of truth...

News report on Yahoo:

The State Department's intelligence division is disputing the Central Intelligence Agency's conclusion that mysterious trailers found in Iraq were for making biological weapons, United States government officials said today.
  • Options
    Kermy, it isnt Bush who's got the cunning, its those who surround him and pull his strings.

The domestic campaign of fearmongering is purely the fascist artistry of John Ashcroft and Tom Ridge (HEad of the DHS). These guys have sought this sort of unbridled control over the gullible masses for decades and the public is simply letting it happen while the Constitution and all legal protections, which previous generations fought and died to preserve, go right into the Justice Dept. shredders.

Bush himself is a moron, his role is little more than a ranting spokesman for his daddy's cronies.
    disputing the Central Intelligence Agency's conclusion that mysterious trailers found in Iraq were for making biological weapons

See how shielded the domestic media is keeping you pnj? The rest of the world has known this fact for weeks already!
  • Options
    Someone said he was very shrewd Clandestine...and calculating. Rumsfield seems to be so into the power thing. Whenever I've heard his voice before it's muted by dad.
  • Options
    They were being flattering my boy, realise that pandering to Bush's ego in this current political atmosphere will endear people to Bush Sr. and the other power brokers.

Its all an exercise in trying to climb the ladder for those who refuse to criticise and question the lies that have been the hallmark of this admin. Sooner you learn that the more informed youll be as to what's really going on.