Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I love Glastonbury

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The sun is shining, my bags are packed and as soon as I get out of work tonight and don my fairy wings I'll be on my way

*Dances around the office with the radio blaring*

and it's my birthday on saturday too

*Carries on dancing*

:hyper: :D :hyper: :p :angel: :birthday: :wave:

So whether you are going in body, mind or spirit ... who will you be rushing to see and what are you wearing?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No not going but have a great time, the lineup sounds good :)
  • Options
    I'm off down to Glastonbury this afternoon. Can't believe Susie has been there for one night already. I've never gone down for the Wednesday!

mu bags are packed and they are heavy...Perhaps I should take some of my clothes out (Not the Vodka!!) ...so much for travelling light.

Hopefully it won't rain to much and I can leave my wellies in the car. Anyone else going?
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    i went, but was stuck on the gates for 12 hours a day :( got to see a lot of the bands after 9 tho :D

what did eveyone else think of REM, i thought they sucked!
  • Options
    How do you mean stuck on the gates!!

I got there Thursday night and we drove straight in really near to the site...then it was easy to get round. Compared to the years when everyone used to break in it was empty.

And REM were great, a fair bit of old stuff together with a great song or two That are new.

Polyphonic spree rocked, the weather was mainly fine, Otway rocked the Cabaret tent (Again!) and Arthur Brown was Amazing. Also saw thw Coral, The Warlocks, Yo La Tengo, David Gray, Bowling for columbine at 2 in the morning which was wicked, adn finished the weekend off in the stone circle - FAB!
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Originally posted by byny
    How do you mean stuck on the gates!!

i was a security guard on PGD! :D
  • Options
    Agrees that REM rocked :yes: as did the Darkness! and watching jimmy cliff and the p. spree in the sunshine on my birthday while blowing bubbles with my bubble gun :)

Now just have to count down the next 12 months before I can do it all over again
  • Options
    I was working backstage of the One World area, my highlights were trying to keep a certain band away from the booze before they played. Low point - Yes. Now I know why punk happened.
  • Options
    Woohooo! Roll on next year!

I'm glad I got down there on the Wednesday... gave me plenty of time to get used to the site and check out some of the amazingly random stuff in Lost Vagueness before all the madness at the weekend.

Over the weekend I saw The Darkness, The Music, Alison Moyet (very good), Beth Orton (brilliant), David Gray, REM (I was so bored during that performance :o), Finka, Gemma Hayes (great), Polyphonic Spree, Interpol, The Coral, Lamb (so well worth missing Radiohead for... absolutely fantastic!), Siobhan Donaghy, Cerys Matthews, Beth Gibbons (and I shook her hand!), Moby, as well as some others in the New Bands tent that I can't remember at the minute.

Also saw Bowling for Columbine and the Rocky Horror Show at the cinema. :D

Bollocks...!
  • Options
    I saw:

The Darkness
    Inspiral Carpets
    Mogwai
    Buffseeds
    The Music
    Electric Six
    Alison Moyet
    Beth Orton
    REM
    Gemma Hayes
    The Polyphonic Spree
    The Thrills
    Finka
    Seventh Son
    The Basement
    Interpol
    The Libertines
    The Coral
    RADIOHEAD
    The Gathering
    The Rapture
    Feeder
    Manic Street Preachers
    The Doves
    Moby

Although most of them I only saw part of their set.

My favourite ones were The Darkness, Beth Orton, Radiohead, The Gathering, Feeder and the Manics :)

Next year we're going to get their for the opening 9am wednesday :D Only 360-ish days to go!