Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Life is good but I can't accept it!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, at the moment, my life is going fantastically - my dad got a cheque for £50,000 so he's quit work (for the rest of this year at least...) and I'm doing well at school I've got my girlfriend back and all my friends are settling their dilemmas. Buit in the back of my mind I can't accept it. It's like, it's too good to be true. So I keep looking for problems. I know in the end this will create problems of it's own.

But, I don't get it, I beleive everyone gets what they deserve and I messed a certain person around a bit not long ago, which probably hurt their feelings, and I regret it - but why do I get good luck if I was bad? Maybe this means I am going to have awful luck in the future???

I aced my module test today... :confused:

Comments

• Options
    STOP worrying will ya, see you start worrying then everything turns sour doesent it. If you look for problems then beleive me you will find them.
    Sit back, relax, enjoy it and stop bloody worrying....ok :D
  • Options
    it means your a basturd and your shoving it in my face

now fuck off!

no i'm not bitter..........
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    it means your a basturd and your shoving it in my face

now fuck off!

no i'm not bitter..........

hehe chill ;)
  • Options
    If you reaaaally want a bit of bad luck thaaat much, I guess I could maybe be persuaded to swap your wonderful life for mine...:p
  • Options
    Moan moan moan. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    If you reaaaally want a bit of bad luck thaaat much, I guess I could maybe be persuaded to swap your wonderful life for mine...:p

I'm sorry I didn't mean to rub it into people's faces who were going through a tough patch. It was just I couldn't really accept it you know. Like, the other day I started talking, imagining my girlfriend was sitting behind me about it, and we were mid conversation. How weird is that? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to rub it into people's faces who were going through a tough patch. It was just I couldn't really accept it you know. Like, the other day I started talking, imagining my girlfriend was sitting behind me about it, and we were mid conversation. How weird is that? :confused:

It's ok, I was just joking. My life is.. bearable I guess.. :p

Well it will be when my bloody exams are finished anyway lol. :)
  • Options
    swings and roundabouts shyboy. whatevers coming your way is en route don't worry. enjoy the good while it lasts ...when its gone always remember it'll be back again ...one day ...and gone etc.
  • Options
    as others have said, make the most of it, enjoy it while you can because you know that soon enough something will give and you'll be wishing this time back
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    swings and roundabouts shyboy. whatevers coming your way is en route don't worry. enjoy the good while it lasts ...when its gone always remember it'll be back again ...one day ...and gone etc.

Very true. You have to have been alive a while to recognise that it all goes in cycles. But it helps you to pick yourself up after the bad bits and enjoy the good bits.

Whoever said life begins at 40 knew a thing or two. And I`ve only got 8 years to wait.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Like, the other day I started talking, imagining my girlfriend was sitting behind me about it, and we were mid conversation. How weird is that? :confused:

wat the hell are you on about?!
  • Options
    Shyboy you need to stop looking over your shoulder and roll with the good times!

Sure, at some stage, something shite will happen, but when things are good enjoy them!!
  • Options
    Yay! Money *didn't read further*

Though £50,000 really isn't enough to quit working for good.
  • Options
    Hey, you should be happy that things have turned out for the best. Make the most of it while you can and just go with the flow. I know it might be a bit of a shock if things were right before and now everything seems to be going brilliantly, I know I would be.

So good for you :D
  • Options
    Shy Boy, I have two things to say to you:

1) Live, laugh, love (especially the 'live' part); and

2) 'Only this moment is mine'

Think about them both.
  • Options
    ShyBoy you think WAAAY to much, do something else instead of thinking so much, get a hobby.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy

Whoever said life begins at 40 knew a thing or two.
    that saying is thousands of years old. in ancient babylon
    was every religion going. temples and statues to a million gods and godesses. the biggest religion, almost the state religion who's name i can't remember now had temple virgins. only female virgins were pure enough to offer up incense on the alter. they were picked at the age of twelve and served until they were 40yrs old when they were retired off and returned to the world ...with pots of money and jewels for their years of service.
    so life began at forty ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Yay! Money *didn't read further*

Though £50,000 really isn't enough to quit working for good.

It could be if they moved to a Developing Nation!!

When I was in Goa I was spending less then £5 a day on rent, food and drink combined - that £50,000 would last 27 years at that rate!!!

I met loads of people that worked for 6 months in the UK or in Europe and saved up and lived in places like India or Thailland for 6 months. In some ways seems like such a lovely lifestyle!! Better then the work all year and have a couple of weeks off per year thing!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    It could be if they moved to a Developing Nation!!

When I was in Goa I was spending less then £5 a day on rent, food and drink combined - that £50,000 would last 27 years at that rate!!!

I met loads of people that worked for 6 months in the UK or in Europe and saved up and lived in places like India or Thailland for 6 months. In some ways seems like such a lovely lifestyle!! Better then the work all year and have a couple of weeks off per year thing!!

But I was speaking of a western modernised country :p

Either way £50,000 probably would just reach a year, if not less.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    But I was speaking of a western modernised country :p

Either way £50,000 probably would just reach a year, if not less.

then my dad will get another £50,000 next year - my brother will do anything to stop him from working now my dad is 60. He's got a bah heart and theres a 1 in 4 chance he'll be dead in 5 years. ah well, once you're gone you're gone :) so no point worrying, just live life.

Also there is some messed up part of my life now so this thread is kinda void now. But it was weird how I felt less comfortable with perfection than conflict. Maybe the matrix was right - that humans can't accept a perfect world. You get too suspicious of why it's perfect. A happy balance of good + evil is fantastic :D:D