Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New Music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Where do you find new music?

Is it from the radio, advice from friends, TV?

Personally, I hear new music by going to see bands play live. I also download a few tracks if someone recommends a band to me and if I like those songs I will buy an album.

I also hear new music by using the "find similar artists" section on media player.

Do you make any effort to find new music before it becomes "big"?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    From the radio mainly, or from new bands supporting people at concerts.

Also, I get intravenous R&B/pop from The Box music channel which they're always playing at the gym I go to :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: New Music
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Do you make any effort to find new music before it becomes "big"?

I listen to Trevor Nelson religiously cos he has some cool R&B tunes months before they get over played on other radio shows. I also have a few American sites that I go on and find other R&B music aaaages before anyone over here has heard of it :D
  • Options
    i use the internet mainly. and friends. but i introduce new music to my friends more than they do to me.

www.amazon.co.uk
    www.allmusic.com

i used to see videos and stuff when i watched late night music television for a bit, dont i dont have that anymore.
  • Options
    I usually go round to my friends houses who have all the sky music channels, and then I take down any names of songs that I like and download them :) alternatively if I see a new album advertised I look up its track listings online, download some tracks and decide whether or not to buy it. I never usually find good bands before they become big or anything though :(
  • Options
    I don't go out to see live bands much, I don't have sky digital and I've no file sharing program on my computer... but in saying that I think I find out about "new" bands pretty well!

I find out about them mainly through American radio stations on the internet who play new and obscure stuff. But now I think of it the last unknown band I found out about before most people were the Yeah Yeah Yeahs! Another band I found out about at that time were the Gossip who are actually really good but I doubt will ever make big! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I use the net mostly, go to american sites or DJ's sites and get their tracklistings! normally end up getting songs about 3 months before they're released here! :yeees: Sometimes listen to the radio but most of the stuff they play I've already got! :yes:
  • Options
    i wud normally hear new music on MTV2 r Kerrang, the odd time from my mates, and wud then download the song.
  • Options
    tv, radion sometimes, friends, the internet:D