Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Darkness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Now, this is not usually my type of music, but this band kicks ass!!!

Has anyone heard of them/heard any of their songs?

They are like blues rock/Led Zeppelin type music. Fucking ace!:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it was the Darkness I heard doing a cover of Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead and was, well... very high pitched and very weird!

But I've heard good things about them anyway.
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    I think it was the Darkness I heard doing a cover of Street Spirit (Fade Out) by Radiohead and was, well... very high pitched and very weird!

But I've heard good things about them anyway.

Yes! That'll be the Darkness! The vocals are very high pitched. :D
    :hyper: I really wanna see them but can't find tour dates. Anyone know?
    They are playing on my birthday! :hyper:
    Re: The Darkness
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    They are like blues rock/Led Zeppelin type music. Fucking ace!:D

That's pretty much what we (i) need at this point.

i wanna see them when i get back from hols in october...but they're not playing in London!!! i think.

They're fanmail is cool too. I didn't realise you had to 'find' the text..:p
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    They are playing on my birthday! :hyper:

Oh Oh :hyper:

Where abouts? Glasgow?
    Click here for tour dates

I can't believe people have only just heard of this band. Oh well. The words "bandwagon" "jumping" and "on the" spring to mind.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Click here for tour dates

I can't believe people have only just heard of this band. Oh well. The words "bandwagon" "jumping" and "on the" spring to mind.

Thanks for the link :)

Whos jumping on the bandwagon? No one had said they hadn't heard of them before and even if they hadn't, whats wrong with the band having some more support :confused:
    Originally posted by Miss Elmo
    whats wrong with the band having some more support :confused:
    Nothing, never said there was, just seems that nobody hears of a band these days until they're in the charts or on Kerrap! TV.
    Nothing, never said there was, just seems that nobody hears of a band these days until they're in the charts or on Kerrap! TV.

Thats very true.

I've seen a few bands that are just starting out or have just been signed and I become sort of protective over them. It's weird seeing them on posters and on TV.

But I also think its great that have become known by a lot of people.

I suppose you heard of them years ago? Why do people have this stupid pretentious attitude? Just because you heard it first doesn't make you superior in musical taste.

Musical taste is personal choice; not a competition to see who can like the most "alternative, individual" music. If you truly like a band or song, whether you started liking them before their popularity grew or after you heard it through commercial means is irrelevant.

Anyway, I love this song - very catchy and uplifting. Think I will download the album. Love the video too - which I saw on a music channel - how so very sheep-like of me. :rolleyes:
    *agrees silently with above person*

The Darkness are class....their performance on jools holland was cool, the man can sing..well:eek2: twas funny when he landed on jools' grand piano to finish off the song.....
    :lol::lol:

Look at you all getting so riled, :lol:

The fact of the matter is that it *is* very sheep like to listen to music because you saw them on music TV, especially commerical music TV. Take some time to hunt out new bands, fresh talent and make them your *own*

The fact of the matter is that it *is* very sheep like to listen to music because you saw them on music TV, especially commerical music TV. Take some time to hunt out new bands, fresh talent and make them your *own*

What?? I don't agree with your point of view at all. I think it stinks.
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I've had some of their promos stuff for agesssssssssss, they used to play at my mate's work do's loads... and they are opening Glastonbury which will be hilarious :)

Love them :D
    Originally posted by Miss Elmo
    What?? I don't agree with your point of view at all. I think it stinks.
    And I care for the following reasons:

:rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Susie
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I've had some of their promos stuff for agesssssssssss, they used to play at my mate's work do's loads...
    Cool, they must have been really exciting do's!!! Where does she/he work?!!
    Muso related somewhere or other

Sorry being vague........................ :)
    And I care for the following reasons:

:rolleyes:

Whos asking you to? I've got an opinion and I express it. :rolleyes:

And you think that finding bands before everyone else excludes you from the realms of lowly sheepdom?

I do look for music and through so many means; I watch tv, if I see a video and I like, I download it. Or I search the net and download new bands. I go to gigs etc. I listen to certain radio shows. I listen to music I like and to be honest I couldn't care whether it was viewed as obscure or as popular.

Seriously musical pretentiousness makes people sound pathetic and sad. You do not own a band just because you heard them first. If someone was there from the beginning and at the first show wow have a star. But don't assume superiority just because you "found" them first.
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    You do not own a band just because you heard them first.
    :yes:

Actually, I do. :p

And Miss Elmo, who said:
    I've got an opinion and I express it.
    Yep, just like I was expressing mine and just becaus eyou didn't happen to agree with it you got all upity and defensive, which, as you will see, I have not. Ah, people rising to the bait. Excellent.
    *sees the bandwagon*

*jumps on it*

I love them! :)