Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

yo choice changin illegal/legal substances

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if u had the power to make certain substances n chemicals legal/illegal which ones wud u decriminalise/legalise, make illegal?

ill write wot i think sum otha time, busy!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would decriminalise

Puff
    Pills
    Speed

(basically what I see to be recreational)

And leave stuff like

Coke
    Heroin
    Pcp etc

(and the harder drugs that have physical addictions)

I do however think that its a tough one to answer, but if pills were legalised then we might get some mdma in them !
    keep coke n smack the same!

dope + pills legal! pure mdma then, wud be fuckin luvly!

prolly move speed in class A section, cuz it can be pretty addictive n effects people in different ways of tolerance n addictiveness! plus people can be too ova confident on the stuff or too paranoid! bad idea keepin that on the market but bad idea in thinkin its gonna leave the black market!

shrooms legal in anyway!

ketamine im not sure, can be addicitve!

acid, i think that shud not be class A, people mite think there solid on the stuff n jump off somwhere, but risks like this can be covered by sitters!

also salvia legal!

pcp, dangerous shit! Class A
    Meth, i wud say the same bout the pcp!
    Right...

~ Legal upon the age of 18 with fines/rehabby meetings if found in possession before this age~

Cannabis
    Alcohol
    Cigarettes/Cigars etc

Decriminalise

Shooms (up to a certain quantity.. dont know what that quantity would be)

And the rest to remain illegal..

But ecstacy testing kits to be freely available (with no prosecution if found to be in posession of Es whilst using the kits) in all clubs/raves.
    Cannabis, pills and shrooms,acid made legal, the rest like cocaine and heroin to stay illegal and have heftier sentences for people caught taking them and i also think there should be e testing kits in clubs so people can find out what exactly is in them.
    If I had that control I would legalise every single drug bar none that is illegal at present. The reason being is that most drugs deemed "deadly" are actually very safe in specially medicated doses. If you could get whatever drug you wanted on prescription, walking into your doctor's with nothing but a good reason justifying your request, your chances of dying would be very slim indeed.
    Also it would give curious recreational drug-users a chance to try them out without worrying that what they put into their bodies is nothing more than a dirty, back-street chemists deadly concoction
    Stevey; a few things, first of all shrooms are NOT legal, as such, you still can be arrested for them under certain condictions. Secondly Salvia is legal, also people on LSD do not think they can fly and jump out of windows, thats a myth.
    Also wud u mid nt pyepo dait keigf, its annoying.

Personaly, I'm not sure that the UK is ready for pills to be made legal yet, however I do think that they should move down the classifications to B or C.

Speed, I think is preaty much fine were it is, however there needs to be treatment for those who need it, it should be available on presciption inconjunction with other help.

Cannabis should be totaly legal and treated in a similar way to booze. However we would get a lot of international trouble for this so in the short-term growers (small) and smokers should not be arrested.

Heroin should be available on prescription and there should be residential treatment centers available for everyone who needs them, when they need them.

I would love to believe that the UK population is ready for widely available LSD, 2-ct-7, DMT and other learning tools but I really dont think so. I have heard the idea that people have to pay to go through classes before getting a card which allows them to buy certain drugs, that might work.

I just think with the culture of total excess we have within the UK we would have a massive increase in deaths and drug OD's if we made very dangerous drugs legal.
    Firstly I would decriminalise all personal use and possession of every substance known to man. However, I would still make dealing (for large scale profit) and production a serious criminal offense of the following:-

Crack (life imprisonment)
    Cocaine
    Heroin (life imprisonment)
    Amphetamines
    Opiates

I would legalise the use of:-

Cannabis

I would ban tobacco over the nicotine content of 0.4mg and increase the smoking age to 18. I would ban all alcohol over 2% and lower the drinking age to 14. I would also increase taxes on both these substances and the money would be put towards treatment of addiction to all substances abused. The tobacco and alcohol companies would be made to pay high taxes too (so much in fact that production would have to decrease.
    I think thats a somewhat foggy way of doing things, if you are dicriminalising personal use then you are somewhat allowing people to consume. But if you are saying that they have to mix with nasty dealers who are risking life in prison. I'm not sure this would make the situation any better.

Plus, how can you ban booze over 2%?! What about beer?! It will have no taste at all, you cant take my Hoegaarden. And what about brandy, I love brandy.
    Thats very true, people are risking years in jail now anyway and many would still continue to
    do it. There is also going to be a flow of criminals and ordinary users who come in contact with each other.
    Alcohol over 2% is a bit low, you would have to buy a good bit to get you drunk or even near drunk -alcohol use would decrease though so could be a good thing but what about our stronger drinks, whiskey is nice enough, vodka gets you drunk quick if your that type of drinker, strong drinks cannot be made illegal.
    i wud llegalise dope and change the llegal age of alcohol purchase from 18 to 16.:D
    the only reason alcohol and tobaco are legal is that they are so easy to make, and if there was a ban, everyone would have there home made cider and various beers.
    Prohibition- been tried before and never worked, it wont be tried ever again and if u look at the streets of the uk, does cannabis prohibition seem to be working? No it dosent because theres a public want for it and the police cannot cannot stop this.

If alcohol was made illegal again there would be an increasing amount of alcohol related deaths due to alcohol poisioning and too strong and fucked up drinks and liquors going around for sale, alcohol should remain legal and will remain legal but i just dont see why cannabis cannot become legal :confused:
    Cannabis will remain illegal for quite a few years to come because the voters want it that way. Its a shit thing to say but its true, the general attitude is changing but only slowly.
    very true bongbudda, it would be an amazing thing if cannabis became legal tommorow but does it really matter if its legal or not? we are still going to use it regardless of its status in the law, its always going to be used by people on a day to day basis.
    Yes it does really matter, it might not effect most users but some will still end up getting caught, so yes it matters a lot to them.

It also creates a situation where by a whole generation of people who see the police force as people to fear and loath. This really isnt good.
    hypocrit! who just said legalize cannabis and ban fucking alcohol and tobacco? i've smoked dope for 35 yrs. ilegaly. you now want to put drinkers in the same boat ...nutter.
    your right bongbudda....we shouldn't have to look at the law in a bad way, they are here to help and cannabis should not have to become the reason people dislike the law :no:
    alcohol will never be made illegal again, sure look at america when prohibition was being enforced.