Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

bubbye comedowns

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anybody noticed that regular use of ecstacy leads to eventually having no comedowns off the stuff, because ive not had any sort of comedown recently, apart from tiredness (which is bound to happen when youve not slept for 24 hours)

Not getting a comedown has to be a bad thing right? Its got to show that your body is so used to being poisoned by the stuff that its not even bothering to respond or something?..

not getting comedowns has scared me, so no pills for a good few months!

Has anybody stopped getting comedowns? Have they changed? Or have people been using for 10 years and stil getting heavy comedowns? Or maybe youre so used to them that its a mental block that means u cant notice the comedown.. Any other thoughts...?

Im puzzled.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have been taking pills for 8 years and I still get comedowns. The sad thing is even if I dont do them one weekend I still get them comedown ???

:eek:
    how do you manage that one?? or did i just miss the joke?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    In my experience they've got worse. I used to think a comedown was just another stage of the buzz - nowadays I could quite happily live without out it - and sometimes I feel proper shit!
    Weekender Offender 
    Gotta agree with you Skive, I still get horrible comedowns, even if I get a couple of hours sleep. No matter what I do my pupils are a dead giveaway the next day, and it makes me look like a complete and utter twat.
    I can't remember when I was newer to the scene :eek2: but I can't remember them being that bad.
    Are comedowns really bad like people say they are...was talking to a boy a few days and he was saying that some girl he knew took 6 pills in a night and for the next few days she was lying in bed unable to move, she cudnt even go to the toilet, aboustely dying.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Are comedowns really bad like people say they are

You just feel drained and lose your apitite.
    Weekender Offender 
    Originally posted by Skive
    You just feel drained and lose your apitite.

How long would a regular comedown last, lose your apitite--what if u try to eat, can u just not do it?
    Well, ecstacy comedowns are due to depletion of your serotonin supplies.
    Serotonin controls your sleep, mood, appetite and many, many other functions.
    I get more easily irretated when I'm low on serotonin and no appetite.
    This lasts for a few days as your body is restocking it's serotonin supplies.
    Then in 1-2 weeks your serotonin supplies are full again.
    But the comedown only lasts for the first few.

So you not getting comedowns basicly means you can control your mood better then most :)
    I wouldnt say it has anything to do with your body getting used to being poisoned, it doesnt work like that. You might actualy be getting fitter and because of this better able to handle the stress on your body, maybe.
    It could be to do with a whole mix of factors, have you been having a good time when you've been out recently, I always find if I have a really good time out then the comedown isnt anywhere near as bad.

I'm not sure if I get comedowns as bad as I used to, I deal with it differently now so its hard to compare, that and I hardly do them at all.

Shogan; A comedown isnt one experiance, its hard to say what one is like because it varies a lot from person to person. Most people just feel a bit crappy the next day and dont have much of an apitite for anything really and then feel a bit down on tues/wed of the next week.
    However some plumet into the depths of dispare and some dont really feel anything apart from tierd.
    I think, addyh and bongbudda, youve both said things that sound possible. I wouldnt put it down to having a great night the nights before~theyve not been better than others recently, maybe not as fun.

Im assuming now that it has something to do with being more healthy bongbudda and also being able to control my mood, addyh, im a lot more in control of my mind mood etc than i used to be in general.

So thanks for your messages everyone.

I was starting to get worried!
    It doesnt mean that your not doing yourself any harm though. Out of interest, have you cut down the times/how many you use?
    Oh im not saying i think its not doing my body any harm, all drugs do~legal or not, but i was worrying it was a sign of something serious.

Ive not cut down on my pill use, but ive cut down on general drug use, cannabis, alcohol, speed. With the exception of cocaine.

I generally take 8 pills a session. Once / twice a fortnight, which isnt exactly clever.
    To be honest with you 8 pills is somewhat meaningless, its probally not good though, but saying how many pills you take is somewhat like saying how long a piece of string is.

8 x 20mg isnt very much but 8 x 120mg would be very bad.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    To be honest with you 8 pills is somewhat meaningless, its probally not good though, but saying how many pills you take is somewhat like saying how long a piece of string is.

8 x 20mg isnt very much but 8 x 120mg would be very bad.

Yeah of course.

8x50mg.
    I would say they would be something in that region, mainly because even people with a heavy tolerance cant handle much more than 400mg in an evening.
    Originally posted by z0ma
    No matter what I do my pupils are a dead giveaway the next day, and it makes me look like a complete and utter twat.
    I can't remember when I was newer to the scene :eek2: but I can't remember them being that bad.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? My pupils only started staying totally fucked a month or two ago, before that, they were fine the next day.
    I would say they would be something in that region, mainly because even people with a heavy tolerance cant handle much more than 400mg in an evening.

You say that but I've up to 17 pills in one night before - and they were strong. I find that generaly after about 5 or 6 pills I can't get any fucked. If they're stronger than it's less, and if they're weak it's more!

It's the same with MDMA powder - I can do obscene amounts but after a while I start doing it for the sake of it, and because it's there - not becasue it's getting me anymore fucked!
    Weekender Offender 
    Yeah .. after the 5 pill your serotonin is pretty much gone and your rolling on dopamine.
    Everything over 5 pills is a waste, you could just be doing speed og coke from that point.
    Originally posted by addyh
    Yeah .. after the 5 pill your serotonin is pretty much gone and your rolling on dopamine.
    Everything over 5 pills is a waste, you could just be doing speed og coke from that point.

im not sure i agree with that, i find that if i take 5 pills, im just generally high but not fucked, im still pretty much in control of myself, (i dont tend to come up until my 5th pill, thats usually the one that starts the ball rolling) but once i get to 7 or 8 pills its a nice level. Thats what i always aim for, im the happiest im going to be, and the most fucked, anymore than 8 and i fell that thats a waste because i just zone out and im not with it enough to enjoy the people im with, or my surroundings.
    Skive; havent you just proven my point? Yes you maybe able to physicaly handle more than that amount but you say its not worth the bother.

120mg is the ideal dose, if your doing 400mg+ your not getting the true effect in my opinion and if your looking to get 'fucked' like that then MDA would be much more the kind of thing to go for.

As for pupil size, there are a few chemicals which will make them larger for a much longer period, meth and acid are two big examples. Its more likely just to be with the amount that you have taken though.
    There is no real way to get them back to normal, well apart from opiates, but thats probally not wise.
    I dont use MDMA to get fucked, thats why i take pills because of the combination of drugs that gets me fucked.

I think that the seratonin levels differ between people, and it takes different amounts of the same drug(s) to get people to the same level.

I dont think there can ever be one measure of the stuff thats a general limit for anybody. (i cant explain myself to well here)
    I'd aggree with you there, its not like you can draw a line and say, well after that amount your just fucking up. However I dont like using MDMA in amounts that just end up making you messy. And a lot of the people I know who do more than 5 pills in an evening dont really apear to get much effect from them at all.
    Skive; havent you just proven my point? Yes you maybe able to physicaly handle more than that amount but you say its not worth the bother.

I thought your original point was that even people with a high tolerance can't 'handle' more than 400mg. I was just saying that I and plenty other I know have done far more than that in a night ...and no it's not worth it.

The reason why we used to do that many was because had fun getting messy, and we loved it - then it started to get boring. My tolerance was sky high, and I was enjoying as much so I cut right down. Nowadays I don't really do pills any more than twice a month, and I very rarely do more than 3 a night. I prefer the more gentle rush of ecstasy now!
    Weekender Offender 
    I didnt phrase it very well, yes your right, there are loads of people who can take more than 400mg, a mate used to do caps of 500mg with a g of base, but I ment that you dont get the 'true' MDMA feeling with that amount.
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    how do you manage that one?? or did i just miss the joke?

it's annoying when you get a 'comedown' from nothing,

cos you can't blame the drugs on feeling poo, and you have to

just accept that you are in a shit mood!

Worst come down I've had was from the acid the other week! urgh:eek2:
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    I dont use MDMA to get fucked, thats why i take pills because of the combination of drugs that gets me fucked.

I think that the seratonin levels differ between people, and it takes different amounts of the same drug(s) to get people to the same level.

I dont think there can ever be one measure of the stuff thats a general limit for anybody. (i cant explain myself to well here)

mmmmm...........MDMA, it's been a while, and from what i remembered, i fell in love with the experience....I'm hungry for some more!

It worked for me......pills aren't something I can really comment on right now as the ones been taking have been soem shity smilies.......:D
    You had a comedown from acid? Curious, I've always felt a little frazzled afterwards but not a comedown as such, even when it was with quite a bit of speed.