Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Have you been sking?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going sking in Mt Buller:confused: in Australia:confused::confused: i in a week and i've never skied before. But my parent have, so they're giving me their thickpolarbearlike ski pants and coat.

But i've heard my sister's friend just wore her fleece and normal trousers. :D when she was in France....

So seeing as this is Australia (hot??no ), do i need all this stuff??? because its a pain in the arse to pack in the bag. :( Oh i've found its about -2.5degrees. So it can't be that cold can it?

Oh, maybe someone can give me begginners tips...:p

Plus i'm 18 and the clothes are....light blue and red and my sister's stuck with purple pants. I don't want to start learning skiing with a bunch of 12 year olds calling my Mr Motivator...:nervous:

Thanx:)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i have been skiing in Andorra on the Pyrenisse (sp?) Mountains. it is a quality holiday you'll never forget. it is noway near as hard as people make out i was doing black slopes after the first week! you can just wear any trousers and a fleece but we rented proper skiing aqquire because it was cold. have a good time!
  • Options
    I've been skiing before and everyone laughs at each other regards what they wear to keep warm. I have never skiid where you are skiing so I guess you could take the stuff just in case
  • Options
    i've been ski-ing in France, Austria and Switzerland. When its a sunny day, its fine just to be in your fleece and salopettes, but if you get caught in a blizzard and the clouds come over, it can get really really really cold, especially sitting on the lifts

I think lots of layers are the best way.

Ooooh you'll have great fun - I just loooove skiing :D
  • Options
    i've been skiing a few times, but i've done loads more boarding, cos it's soooo much better, in my opinion anyway. When i go skiing i wear a pair of slacks, some tackydacks, a shirt a jumper and a jacket.
    i've not been to mt buller but it's just like bc, only a lil bit different, hope you have fun
  • Options
    Mr Motivator...:eek2:

can someone pls explain

USEFUL INFO : i suggest you look at this site it tells you about what to wear and first time stuff check it out

also try mt buller
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    Mr Motivator...:eek2:

can someone pls explain

Thanks for the links.

Mr Motivator was that fitness guy from the Africe (i think) who used to do all these camp workouts in the 90' whilst wearing multicoloured spandex bottoms and top.

He's instantly recognisable. What a dude!!
  • Options
    ah ok thanks for the info!

glad to be some help, victoria is probably better for skiing tha n nsw, at least in vic most of the snow is real!