Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

scams on the net

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i recently purchased a samsung v200 off a person that emailed me as they saw me bidding on ebay.
i sent the money via wire transfer and they said that they would send the ohone by UPS, but it is due today and it hasn come yet, also they have not responded to my emails in 5 days!!!:mad: .
i made a knew address to see if they respond and they did but they didnt know it was me. has any one ever seen anythign like this before is it a scam or am i just way too paranoid?

Comments

• Options
    .... and this is why I don't use ebay. Even if I did, i would wait for the phone before sending cash. Get in touch with eBay and see if they can track this person down. You may need to inform the police so there is an official report of theft. Mobily's Ghost is a law bod, he might be able to help.
  • Options
    but i dont no if it is a scam yet, i will wait until it is a few days after the mobile was supposed to come.:mad:
  • Options
    Sounds very dodgy but wait a few days and see what is happening with your fone, since i know you its quite a cheap price to pay for a fone of that sort, may be a scam after all.
  • Options
    I dont like buying stuff over the net it all seems rather dodgy to me but my bf bids on things on there and has got hold of one thing
  • Options
    The only problem I have ever ever had with Ebay is when the person who won the bid for my item didn't pay!!

Wait a few more days and then contact the person again. Make your email sounds official and say that you have "sought legal advice" which is what I so frequently do when I buy from amazon marketplace and the people have pretended to be selling "new" items that are really "very used indeed"!!

The problem here is that you did not actually buy through ebay, which in order to benefit from their protection you are supposed to do. Email them and ask if they can give you this fella's address.
  • Options
    i just rang wester union today, they say that i will never get my money back, fuck you mary wagemann:mad: :mad: :mad: .
    if they were in teh uk they could have done something about it but they are in fuckin romainia, fuck i am a fuckin idiot , why didnt i realise.:mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    i just rang wester union today, they say that i will never get my money back, fuck you mary wagemann:mad: :mad: :mad: .
    if they were in teh uk they could have done something about it but they are in fuckin romainia, fuck i am a fuckin idiot , why didnt i realise.:mad: :mad:

Yes, its a wonder you didn't realise, such a good phone for a cheaper price and Romania :crazyeyes . Thats a bit of bad luck about your money, as they say shit happens, you should be more careful and only buy from legit business,well known places on the web.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Yes, its a wonder you didn't realise, such a good phone for a cheaper price and Romania :crazyeyes . Thats a bit of bad luck about your money, as they say shit happens, you should be more careful and only buy from legit business,well known places on the web.

fuckin from now on i am only going to eay and big known companies to by shit on the web
  • Options
    dude its e-bay, just be patient......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Seven_VII
    dude its e-bay, just be patient......

*sigh* if you read more carefully you will se that i said that it is not through ebay. i will never see that money again :( , i no because the asshole "mary wagemann - the name they sent me" has not contacted me back and also the phone woudl deffinately have come by now as it is now a week after they said that they would send it. :( :mad:

p.s fuck the general population for being ass holes (not the people on the site unless you are a scamming bastard):D
  • Options
    lol, i wud never trust anyone on the net other than play.com, amazon and e-bay.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Seven_VII
    lol, i wud never trust anyone on the net other than play.com, amazon and e-bay.

I would trust most sites i buy off on the net, there are a good few i know but would have no problem with amazon or ebay or play as a matter of fact.

Once i bought a cd off a man in Northern Ireland through the internet, it only cost £5 too so i got the cd within a week, shows there are honest people out there.
  • Options
    yeh there r, i wud sometimes buy things off ppl sellin stuff on amazon. even though they r independant from amazon, its still thru the amazon website....
  • Options
    Thats what happened to lazybstard, he was contacted through ebay by another member of ebay and lost hismoney.
  • Options
    are you sure he lost his money, i think it will get hree, so just be patient lazybstard.
  • Options
    No he lost his money seven, he said he would never see it again, it proves the internet can be dangerous but only to the gullable fools (no offence lazybstard) :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    No he lost his money seven, he said he would never see it again, it proves the internet can be dangerous but only to the gullable fools (no offence lazybstard) :lol:

yeah fuck you any way, :lol: , i am only going to trust companies that i know of and that are genuine in selling real products on the net.