Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Robbery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If someone broke into ur house and the police knew it was that person and u knew that person but the police hadnt arrested that person, what would u do? Has anyone been in a situation like that before?

Comments

• Options
    To be arrested for a crime, the police must have reasonable suspicion that a crime is about to be committed, is being executed or has just been committed. If all their evidence points toward a particular person and the police do indeed have reasonable suspicion (as above), then they would surely arrest him or her, because robbery is a relatively serious crime.

I guess I'd want to know why they didn't arrest him or her and so I would probably insist on a meeting between the relevant people and someone more senior. Alternatively, I would want a written explanation. Depending upon the outcome of either of the above, I might also make a complaint. I dunno.
  • Options
    Mobily's Ghost ladies and gentlemen, the voice of legal reason :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    If the police refused to do anything, then I'd seriously consider breaking into their place and stealing some gear to the value of what I was missing!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think I would be in a state of mind to tell the police who actually did it.
  • Options
    i would tell the police without a shadow of doubt. probably make sure i had a nice run in with the robber too.