Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Lucid dreams, remote viewing, etc...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever had one? Lucid Dreaming is where you are conscious and aware while in the dream state. It's also said that you can have an OBE from one of these dreams... Do you believe in this stuff?

Comments

• Options
    yep im always having lucid dreams

there quite good!!!
  • Options
    if its what i think your on about i get it in two different situation:
    1. When i am trying to sleep but am distracted by something, i will have dreams but still be physically awake
    2. when i'm really tired (i.e. when i'm in school) and know i have to stay awake but i will drift

i think thats what your on about but whats an OBE?
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    if its what i think your on about i get it in two different situation:

1. When i am trying to sleep but am distracted by something, i will have dreams but still be physically awake
    2. when i'm really tired (i.e. when i'm in school) and know i have to stay awake but i will drift

i think thats what your on about but whats an OBE?

OBE= out of body experience

everyone has them i think

you know those dreams where your walking along then fall then wake up with a shock?!
  • Options
    OBE is an Out Of Body Experience. I had a dream last week that I was looking down on my self and then when I realised that I was looking down on my self I worke up.. Kinda weird dream.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    OBE= out of body experience

everyone has them i think

you know those dreams where your walking along then fall then wake up with a shock?!

Oh my God I have those all the time, they're so scary lol. It usually takes me a few seconds to figure out what the hell's going on, they really freak me out! :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby

I hate those!! They're really freaky!
  • Options
    ooh ok this is a bit off the subject but once i had a dream that i was in some sort of weirdly white light...it was amazing but scary. other dreams i hate are those ones whereby you feel like your falling.

OBE - i had one of those ages ago....was scary
  • Options
    Never had a lucid dream. Sound so amazing.
    Have those dreams where I suddenly fall and wake up just before I hit the ground. They're scary but such a rush. Apparently if you hit the ground you're meant to die but I think that's bullshit.

Had an OBE, while under the influence, could see myself watching the TV. My head went into the roof, which really scared me and shocked me back into my body. It was amazing. :p
  • Options
    I used to get them on will. Now I try not to *trauma*
  • Options
    I think I may have had one once
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Apparently if you hit the ground you're meant to die but I think that's bullshit.

It is, 'cause I've hit the ground :p

Died in dreams a few times too - it's totally weird, like, while I was dreaming I believed I was dead :eek2:
  • Options
    i always have them dreams all the time, i am totally concious of what i am dreaming and know that when i open my eyes i will be awake! it is freaky as fuck! and that stuff bout falling out your bed and lnading on the floor is a pile of wank.
  • Options
    I took a sleeping tablet for a while which caused the most wierd dreams ever, I'd be watching TV, then get a bit bored with what was on, move to find the remote and find that the TV wasnt on and my eyes were closed. Odd. I havent done it since then.
  • Options
    No offence or anything to the people that think they have had lucid dreams, but are you sure they were proper ones?

I have been trying for about 3 months now and only had about 5 really decent ones , is what I mean is for it to be a true lucid dream you can do anything you want, like in one of them I flew onto my roof and another one I wanted to do some naughty things with J-lo and made her appear and asked her we started doing it but I woke up :(

erm and people on lucid dreaming forums have tryed very hard for months before they can do it.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by sarahisgreat
    No offence or anything to the people that think they have had lucid dreams, but are you sure they were proper ones?

I have been trying for about 3 months now and only had about 5 really decent ones , is what I mean is for it to be a true lucid dream you can do anything you want, like in one of them I flew onto my roof and another one I wanted to do some naughty things with J-lo and made her appear and asked her we started doing it but I woke up :(

erm and people on lucid dreaming forums have tryed very hard for months before they can do it.....

I've had a few dreams that were lucid ish in that I'm aware of the fact that it's a dream, and can sometimes control slightly what happens, but I've never had a dream where I've been able to control everything and do anything I want.

Those dreams where you dream you fall or something and wake up with a shock, I get those really often - it's weird, like I can actually feel myself falling even though I'm sleeping, and when I wake up it's like a reflex, like if you actually fall it's a reflex action to put your arms out to catch yourself. I dunno, it's weird to explain.
  • Options
    Apparently with these lucid dreams you can take yourself to any place in the world and time travel too. Unfortunately the nearest I've come to that is when I dreamt I was falling from the sky back into my body and I actually bounced in bed when my outer self rejoined my body. Anyone know any sites where I can find info on how to get yourself to have these lucid dreams where you can travel and go through time?
  • Options
    Astral Projection is the coolest one out of the lot... Pretty weird stuff tho.

www.jonasridgeway.com
    www.astralvoyage.com
    www.astralsociety.net
  • Options
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    Apparently with these lucid dreams you can take yourself to any place in the world and time travel too. Unfortunately the nearest I've come to that is when I dreamt I was falling from the sky back into my body and I actually bounced in bed when my outer self rejoined my body. Anyone know any sites where I can find info on how to get yourself to have these lucid dreams where you can travel and go through time?

Yup!

This one helped me the most

Also This is also pretty good

An interesting FAQ!

Although that last faq seems to think WILD are just another name for astral projection - which it isnt anyway the links will explain it better than me, Good luck!