Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Cordless Mouse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a cordless mouse from Maplins for £20 and works great except when you don't move it for a while and then you go to move the mouse it sometimes takes several movemnts to get the mouse started again - almost like moving a pen that won't write back and forth to get the ink flowing again.

Anyone else had this problem with a cordless mouse?

This one also has one of those red eye designs without the ball.

Comments

• Options
    Never used a wireless one my self but I think you will find it will go into hibernation to save your battery if it's idle for say 15 minutes. Is there any software that came with your mouse that has some options that can turn off hibernation mode?
  • Options
    I've got some A4Tech cordless mice. They do have a quirk with the mouse buttons automaticly behaving as if I've double clicked on something when I've only clicked once, and that seems to happen sometimes if the mouse hasn't been used for some time while the computer is on, eg a couple of hours. I think it's a software quirk though, and the later drivers I downloaded do reduce the problem a bit.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    This has the red eye thing without the ball and if you move the mouse the red light stays on constaly if you stop moving it for more then say 5 seconds it starts flashing like a sort of low power mode I guess, sometimes you move the mouse from this state then everything is fine - somethings you have to keep wiggling it for 2 to 4 seconds to get it going agin - really annoying, espacilly in drawing packages!!
  • Options
    I don't like cordless mice - they're so heavy.
  • Options
    Like I said.. It goes into hibernation when it's idle. Just turn it off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Like I said.. It goes into hibernation when it's idle. Just turn it off.

??? Don't think we're talking about the same thing - this mouse never goes off - the batteries last about 3 days without charging but noticed even when it's on it's little charging thing it's still flashing away looking for movement - which seem silly.

You can't turn it off - only pull out the batteries.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    I don't like cordless mice - they're so heavy.

Good for your wrists :p :rolleyes: :)

Got me a cordless & optical Logitech one. No complaints. Great for gaming.

Also got one of those optical mini mice from Japan (not cordless). No complaints - except it's piss poor for gaming.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ego
    Good for your wrists :p :rolleyes: :)

Dirty as ever I see :p
  • Options
    Got the mouse replaced - the 2nd one is even worse!!

By the way this one is really nicely shaped and quite small - that's the main reason it got it - because I find most mice too big, the logitech one I'm using now is huge - but so damn accurate with two of those red eye sensors in the base!!
  • Options
    I got this microsoft keyboard and mouse, which are nice, except, when I try and set up the mouse with my laptop (normally use it with other computer), which is what I bought it for in the first place because I'm SO sick of the touchpad.:( , it tells me that I can only use the mouse if I uninstall the touchpad software ... neone got any ideas how I can have BOTH ?

Any HELP appreciated ;)

thanx

A.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Arasti
    I got this microsoft keyboard and mouse, which are nice, except, when I try and set up the mouse with my laptop (normally use it with other computer), which is what I bought it for in the first place because I'm SO sick of the touchpad.:( , it tells me that I can only use the mouse if I uninstall the touchpad software ... neone got any ideas how I can have BOTH ?

Any HELP appreciated ;)

thanx

A.

try disabling the touchpad hardware profile thing in the system configuration.

im not sure if it iwll work tho because the computer registers 1 input to the mouse cursor, and this is so normally a mouse that windows automatically configures it for a mouse. but with other things (eg: touchpad) its not a mouse, so you need alternative software... but sruely you could disable it?
  • Options
    I bought a graphics tablet from Maplin and thought that tablets are setup as seperate device - but no - seem they simply emulate a mouse when mean that although they'll work with any application - the tablet was not better then using a mouse!!

... Actually it was worse I ended up with huge hand pains after the 1st day of use - in the end I took it back - I would have been cippled if I continued using it - maybe it was just a cheap tablet - It's the only one I've ever used so have nothing to compare it to.