Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Money: U gotta Help Me!!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey All...

Kits xxxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    yeah i spoke to the bank...its pay up or die time...they werent very helpful or polite..maybe it is my own fault..
    im thinking of very harsh ways to make the money i need:eek:
    kits xxx
  • Options
    Hi there

Call the following helpline, they're really helpful and can help you work out what to do next:
    National Debtline
    Helpline offering information and advice on debt, including credit cards, council tax, utility bills, bank charges, and harrassment. Helpline: 0808 8084000

We also have a stack of advice on money management in our

money special

Susie :)
  • Options
    The other people you could try talking to is the student advice people at your uni. I don't know what it's called, but at UCL we had a "Rights and Advice Centre" who knew all the avenues you could explore to try to get problems sorted out. I know that it's the vacation ... but they will probably still be there. Worth giving them a call.

Or speak to your personal tutor if you have one ... your uni isn't (shouldn't be!) just interested in your academic success... and the last thing they want is for you to have to drop out because you can't afford to stay.

I hope you get everything sorted out.
  • Options
    You should definitely speak to your uni about applying for a hardship grant. They have funds to help support students over the vacation periods to assist those who don't think they will be able to afford to come back. Speak to your uni's student support services and/or your student union. There's no guarantee but if you're in real financial hardship then they will be able to help.

I know when people tell you not to worry it doesn't help, but there isn't a great deal that the bank can do. The worst that can happen is that they take you to County Court. Due to the costs and time involved, it's unlikely that this will happen, they would much rather resolve this with you first.

Definitely contact National Debtline. They will let you know what your situation is and help you to help yourself. But make your uni student support services your first port of call to see if they can offer you any assistance.

Hope this helps. It's not as bleak as it seems :)

Josh xxx
  • Options
    cant really help you there im afraid :confused:

alll i can say though is, your bank are meant to be there to help you, not hinder you.

have a talk to one of the managers or something.

all the best :)