Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

New Book

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of a random post, the new Harry Potter book just came for me from amazon :D Well I say just came, they had to give it to my neighbour because I was in bed when they came :rolleyes: But anyway. It's hardback as well, I was expecting paperback, yay! Think I'll save it for my holidays though, read the other books again first..

That's put me in a good mood for the rest of the day :)

Edited to say - I know some people won't read the whole thread before replying so please, no spoilers!!

Comments

• Options
    If I hear about that motherfucking book one more time... :eek2:

I got a letter today! OMG! OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG! It's in a big envelope! Wooooow! I'm in shock. :|

But err, yeah, have fun reading it I guess. :|:p Am I the only one who has never read/seen Harry Potter?
  • Options
    I just finished it.

It's sooooooooooooo good :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    I just finished it.

Finished?
    U lucky ............ I wish I could get into reading it, but I just can't today, too....annoyed with things
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    I just finished it.

I've got to try and avoid finding out what happens between now and my holiday :( lol.
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    If I hear about that motherfucking book one more time...

I got a letter today! OMG! OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG! It's in a big envelope! Wooooow! I'm in shock. :|

Oh don't be mean, you didn't have to post :p

I can see why you'd be annoyed though, it is getting a bit tired having it all over the news and everything. I'll be avoiding it as much as you now so I don't find out what happens. Sorry!
  • Options

But err, yeah, have fun reading it I guess. :|:p Am I the only one who has never read/seen Harry Potter?

I have never read any of the books, but I had seen the first Harry Potter movie just because my sister said that it was like really good, but I didn't like the movie, so I probably won't even watch the second movie, but I like the Lord Of The Rings movies. Just for some reason I really like Lord Of The Rings. I have pre-ordered the second movie so when I finally get it I will probably watch it because I had really enjoyed the first part of LOTR so that's why I pre-ordered the second one so that I can get it as soon as the DVD comes out.
  • Options
    I ordered it. But it's not come today. Is there a sunday delivery service? :confused: :crying:

I really want the book. Now. Really I do. Please let me have it. :crying:
  • Options
    Am I the only one who has never read/seen Harry Potter?

Nope, I haven't read any of the books or seen any of the films. Really don't see the attraction unless you're under 12 :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Nope, I haven't read any of the books or seen any of the films. Really don't see the attraction unless you're under 12 :p

Indeedy :p
  • Options
    my mum is 44 and she bought the book today!!!
  • Options

Ahh that'll be why they make versions of the books with more 'grown up' artwork on the covers then :p lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Oh don't be mean, you didn't have to post :p

I know but I love to whinge! :D And nah, it's ok. I just don't understand the Harry Potter madness. It's just a book. :/
  • Options
    I know but I love to whinge! :D And nah, it's ok. I just don't understand the Harry Potter madness. It's just a book. :/

I agree actually, I don't understand all the hype surrounding it at the moment. Surely 10 year olds queuing for 8 hours outside a shop in wizard costumes is taking it a little far..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I agree actually, I don't understand all the hype surrounding it at the moment. Surely 10 year olds queuing for 8 hours outside a shop in wizard costumes is taking it a little far..:rolleyes:

But its got kids interested in reading again! surely thats a good thing, other than children sitting watching T.V, playing computer games etc all day...? :)
  • Options
    Am I the only one who has never read/seen Harry Potter?

:no: I havent either. Cant bring myself to. :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by MattUK^
    But its got kids interested in reading again! surely thats a good thing, other than children sitting watching T.V, playing computer games etc all day...? :)

Kids yeah! Grown adults reading about wizards or whatever no :p
  • Options
    Harry Potter is brilliant , the new book is great , but Harry is very angry all the time , is he on crack or something?
  • Options
    does anyone wanna spoil it for me?
    please! go on! pm me what happens so no-one else gets pissed off!
    ta
    xx
  • Options
    Grown adults reading about wizards or whatever no :p

Well, the same can be said for LOTR, elves running around trying to destroy a ring to save the world... :p

If you look at it deeper its not just wizards and witches attacking each other type of thing, and the language used is quite elaborate.

My mum got it me 1\2 price from asdas... yes i am an avid 15 y\o harry potter fan :p
  • Options
    Hagrid dies :p

Not Really!!! havent read the book
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    does anyone wanna spoil it for me?
    please! go on! pm me what happens so no-one else gets pissed off!
    ta
    xx

Emphasis on pm her!! If anyone posts a spoiler in my thread I will go absolutely mental and have to kill somebody!! :impissed:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

OMG how funny you are.

retard
  • Options
    I haven't read any of the books, but I certainly enjoyed the films! Roll on the third...
  • Options

...oh my god you bastard !!!

I am so not impressed. :(
  • Options
    I got an email from Argos saying they're doing it half price if order off the net .. never read any of the books myself .. just dead jealous of the writer - she's richer then the queen now!!

I wouldn't mind so much if he was a more liver person and enjoy her money but she seems well introverted!!
  • Options
    by the way just incase id upset any of you I don't actually have the book yet. so... sigh.

Might come on monday tho. One of the main characters is supposed to die tho and I reckon it's hagrid. Maybe. Or percy.
  • Options
    ...oh my god you bastard !!!

I am so not impressed. :(

hopefully he'll realize that he should go and die cause it'd be cool, and that he's just wasted peoples money now.
  • Options
    by the way just incase id upset any of you I don't actually have the book yet. so... sigh.

Might come on monday tho. One of the main characters is supposed to die tho and I reckon it's hagrid. Maybe. Or percy.

*Slaps you!*

That was so not funny :(
  • Options
    *Slaps you!*

That was so not funny :(

sorry :(

im just getting impatient. how come everyone else got the book off amazon? I need something constructive to do.
  • Options

Hehe...know what you mean. I have never read and never want to read Harry Potter. Most of my friends who are 18 going on 19 have been awaiting this day with so much anticpation and excitement it's scaring me. Why is everyone jumping on the bandwagon?

Although I'm all for children reading more, I bet for some it's the only book they will read or some will think watching just the films will suffice. And then there's the merchandise. I bet J.K Rowling's laughing all the way to the bank.

Although I haven't read it, my mum and I were discussing how she's taken great inspiration from the likes of Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and E. Nesbit. (So can't really comment on that...)

One of the worst night's of my life was when my friends decided to watch the Harry Potter film, instead of us talking or whatever. What a load of bollocks. Great for the kids though. :rolleyes:

Each to their own, but books should be about reading not about merchandise endorsements.
  • Options
    my stepmums 45 and was counting the days down in her diary

but come on! someone please tell me what happens!!
    pm me though-or there will be mass murder;)