Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do not store above 25oC, do not refrigerate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am on the pill (Marvelon) and on the instructions it says ´do not store above 25oC, do not refrigerate´. Given that where I am it often is well above 40oC what am I meant to do? I think I´ve already fried my pills anyway as the first week I got to Brazil it was 45oC and I hadn´t read the instructions about storage so I left them in the heat but then if they can´t go in the fridge there isn´t much alternative. I´m sticking to condoms as well although I`m not sure that I trust Brazilian ones and I haven´t got any others. Anyone know anything about this one?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How about buying one of those plastic cooler boxes or a flask - the tempreture inside that should be closer to the temp you need to store them.

Look in anything goes for fridges - we were discussing what's called a cooler fridge that uses a fan to make the inside cooler - it's not as cool inside as a regular fridge about 15C in testing - but I have a theory that the hotter your climate the colder these things get on the inside.

You could also put the packet the pills come in - into a water proof plastic bag and put that in a container of water - that will help keep them cool.
    keep them in a cool cupboard or drawer
    that should be fine!!
    now get off the computer and work on your tan!! ;)
    A cool dry area out of sunlight will suffice- back of your knicker drawer?