Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Rocky Horror Picture Show

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
IM GOING!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
im picking up part of my costume tomorrow, and borrowing the rest from a mate. im going at magenta! can anyone whos already been tell me some of the stuff i can expect. i mean from the people there not from the show.
thanks to all.

and once again
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If there are loads of fans there they'll say all the words along with the actors, they'll throw rice during the wedding scene and light newspapers when the cast do and throw water when it rains.....it'll be brilliant!
  • Options
    The audience dress much the same as the actors on stage
  • Options
    I went last month, it was really good. Very surreal as everyone is dressed in corsets, fishnets etc. A lot of people dress up as the characters too. Including the men - men in thongs and stockings. ;)

The show is really lively (obviously) and everyone dances and sings along - the audience join in and often shout out quips - very rude quips to put it mildly! There are various traditions such as throwing rice in the wedding scene and throwing cards etc. but the theater people do not like it (the people infront of me did it anyway though). Virgins are also meant to take water pistols!

I wore hotpants, fishnets and a black corset. Most people wear that kinda thing. My friends and I made the mistake of walking down a main road to catch the bus - hehe we made all the traffic slow down.

Have a great time - you'll have loadsa fun! :D
  • Options
    Ooooh, lucky you! :hyper:

Wear a red wig and an apron for Magenta :)

Where are you seeing it? When I went to see it in Richmond with my friends a couple of months ago, they guy playing Rocky was sooooooooo fine! *swoon* :heart:

Have fun, and make sure you know all the comebacks!!

Describe your balls! Heavy, black and pendulous. :D
  • Options
    i already have red hair so its all good! already got some of the costume i just need to get a corsit with suspender things to go under the french maid dress thing. im soooo excited!! wooo(again) its great cos me and my mate know all the words to it and can sing along to it all. im kinda worried cos my dress will show off some of my ass.....will people comment on it or will they be completly unphased? im going to the one in london. got to get the train there so were gonna get some odd looks but i dnt care its worth it. oh yea and richard o'brien is playing riff raff so its going to be even better to see him perform live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:
  • Options
    Re: Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Originally posted by Zella
    can anyone whos already been tell me some of the stuff i can expect. i mean from the people there not from the show.
    I went a couple of months ago. I went as Rocky. Do you know how hard it is to get sparkly gold hotpants for a 6' 1" male? :confused: I had to find the material, and have some made up especially for the night.

Out of the dozen of us that went, I was the only one who dressed up! :)

It was an eye opener going to one. There were people dressed up in ways that on any other day of the year would've got them arrested! Note: Thongs and G strings are not designed for men as they don't have the necessary..... capacity.
    Mind you, I did enjoy oggling some of the girls there! :naughty:

Not all theatres allow you to bring in rice, newspapers, water pistols, etc. Check before going.

The plot is the same, but not the same as the movie or audience partici..........pation that you may have seen/heard. You often don't get the chance to shout out as the pace of the stage production is quite fast, and forced, in places. Plus the volume of the band and singers makes it impossible to yell out most of the calls. But don't be affraid to get some in there. Just go for it!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Can someone explain what the Rocky Harror Show is about?

I've seen the people dressed up on TV and beleive that guy from the Crystal Maze had something to do with it - but what is it all about?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Can someone explain what the Rocky Harror Show is about?

I've seen the people dressed up on TV and beleive that guy from the Crystal Maze had something to do with it - but what is it all about?
    I think I started a thread about it a couple of months back when I went. There were some good descriptions about it on there.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Its kinda hard to explain what its about. To be honest its more a state of mind than anything else! Just go see it and you'll under stand.

You'll have a great time as long as you keep an open mind and get into it. I've been a couple of times now, and cant wait til next time, whenever that might be.

My fav bit of partici----pation would have to be:

Frank: "Cos I wanted to be dressed..."
    Audience: "LIKE A CHICKEN"
    Frank: "I prefer cocks actually...:naughty:... Just the same"

Twas just sooo funny when i first heard it, as long as he replies, which doesnt always happen :(

Must go find my albums and sing along for a bit. Not done that for a while now. Im slipping up with the lyrics...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    i already have red hair so its all good! already got some of the costume i just need to get a corsit with suspender things to go under the french maid dress thing. im soooo excited!! wooo(again) its great cos me and my mate know all the words to it and can sing along to it all. im kinda worried cos my dress will show off some of my ass.....will people comment on it or will they be completly unphased?

Most likely they will be completely unphased. You're more likely to get comments if you don't show something :D
  • Options
    i wanna go see the RHPS, the film is fucking awesome, i'd love to see it on the stage. i wouldn't have the guts to dress up like riff raff etc, so i'd have to be boring and dress up as eddie,lol :D
  • Options
    I went a couple of months ago as Janet :D

Was fab - it was the 3rd time I've been and it seems like the outfits get more and more extreme everytime.

Wouldn't worry about anyone commenting on your ass - there are far too many of them hanging out for people to notice.

Although as soon as I walked in I started getting abuse and being called a slut...

You should take with you:
    some rice - for the wedding
    a water pistol - for the dark and stormy night
    a newspaper - to protect you from the dark and stormy night
    a lighter - cos there's a light, over at the Frankenstein place
    some playing cards - for Rose Tint my World

oooh i just loove it