Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

What would you do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If someone you were close to registered at TheSite and you realised, what would you do?

Would you pretend you were someone else and change your location and user info?

I think I would ask the mods to delete all my posts, lol!

Comments

• Options
    Nothing at all. :)
  • Options
    A member of family is on these boards, i just don't post personal or embarrassing messages.
  • Options
    Re: What would you do?
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    [
    I think I would ask the mods to delete all my posts, lol! [/B]

Has it happened to you like :eek:

I cant keep my gob shut so I think Id delete anything I didnt want them to see and have a different user name for more personal stuff.
  • Options
    Depends who it was. Anyone from my mates church and I would change my profile cos I have said mean things about them! But apart from that, no. Everyone has heard all my opinions and stuff before (at lenght!!!)
  • Options
    ive actually gone back recently and attempted to remove any incriminating posts just on the offchance that this happens.
  • Options
    What would you do....

If i sang outta tune, would stand up & walk out on me?

ARGH Bumblebee you have made me remember this song! Can't get it out of my head now lol.
    Anyone as sad as me & know what it is?:o
  • Options
    what if you didnt realise it was someone close to you for example your dad/mum and you tried it on with them! :D

Sorry i am Cornish :p:naughty:
  • Options
    It's happened to me and hasn't really affected me... I guess I've just got to be a bit more careful about what I say in my posts - no bitchiness! :rolleyes:

That's with a close friend though. I think if it were a not-so-close friend or just a social acquaintance I might have to change my name or something! Because there's so much on here that I wouldn't want some people to know.
  • Options
    I have nothing to fear what people read comes from my head if they don't like what I write fine ... in this life not everyone is going to like everything people do.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want anyone to know who i am, to many personal things about me on here!
  • Options
    I already have 2 of my close friends on this site (witch_kitten and Stinger) and sometimes I gotta be careful I dont say anything too personal :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I have nothing to fear what people read comes from my head if they don't like what I write fine ... in this life not everyone is going to like everything people do.
    You have nothing to fear as you never say anything controversial or anything personal. You blend in and wouldn't be noticable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    You have nothing to fear as you never say anything controversial or anything personal. You blend in and wouldn't be noticable.

Thats what i was gonna say.
    Btw i mean i wouldnt want family to read it.
  • Options
    I'd change my user info and pretend to be somebody else!

I seem to vaguely remember something like this happening to me on a different site, but nothing specific. Maybe I just dreamed it.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    An ex. girlfriend introduced me to this site and she is indeed registered herself and posted (once! :p ).

My girlfriend is also a member of this site (poor dear :p ) so I'm wondering whether I should wear my face mask to avoid detection - you know, the one with the beard, long hair and big thick glasses.