Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Brylcreem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a brylcreem wax stick today. Before I went out tonight I tried it. It took about 30 seconds to get my hair exactly how I want it. Its wicked. Its the best way to get the messed up but not gelled look.

Anyone else use it?

Comments

• Options
    Nope, but might buy some tommorow, sounds good, ill take a look at it anyway.
  • Options
    Wax stick? Cool! What is it about?
  • Options
    Do none of you who use wax find it really disgusting in your hair?

I used Wella's wax for a while but it was just really disgusting after a few hours! Maybe it was just Wella but I'm now firmly a L'Oreal gel man.
  • Options
    i use it too, i use the cream stuff though, its brilliant for the way i style my hair!
  • Options
    I'm brylcreem gel :)
    Although I picked up some L'Oreal Out Of Bed putty stuff - I must admit it really is quite good! I suggest you try it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila
    I'm brylcreem gel :)
    Although I picked up some L'Oreal Out Of Bed putty stuff - I must admit it really is quite good! I suggest you try it!

I found that L'Oreal Out of Bed stuff in Canada and it was really good for my hair when it was short but as it grows out gel goes better with it.

Lynx gel is shocking! I hate the damn smell of the stuff
  • Options
    I'm trying most new things I find. The wax stick is still my fave though. Its so quick. I'll probably go back to the normal brylcreem when my hairs too long for it.

I always used to use normal gel but it can look and feel horrible and sometimes you need to let it dry.
  • Options
    i dont like the brylcreeem gel, it turns into little green balls in my hair after a while!:lol: im serious!
  • Options
    Little green balls :eek:
    How did that happen?
  • Options
    dunno, the gel started to wear off after bout 3 hours then there was a fuckin invasion of green balls!:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I've found a product by V05 to be the best for hair - its thick wax which REALLY keeps it in place but doesnt make the hair look bad - and it smells gorgeous too!

is that the small blue tub, it smells class and looks cool as fuck
  • Options
    I use brylcream wet look gel.its ok but it doesnt really keep the wet look.Im gona try VO5 next!
  • Options
    y'all shud try alberto balsam strong hold gel some time, best gel ive ever used!