Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

natural pain relief remedies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well i wasnt sure how to put this or how to word it so ill try!

a very close family friend is 37 and for reasons we dont know her hips and base of her spine have basically disintegrated,due to this she has two nerve endings in her back touching causing her extreme pain and her hips she has very little mobilty and what she does have is really painful,the nhs wont operate because of her age they want to put it off as long as possible and private health care will do it but say its risky.
anyway she was put on pain killers which got as strong as morphine but has now been taken off them as the mix she was put on was lethal,cause basically her doctor was a tosser and another doctor has recently taken her off them because due to the first doctors neglegence the pain killers have caused internal bleeding,so she has to have loads of tests over the next few weeks and she cant have any pain killers,
so im looking into nautral pain relief chinese medicine and stuff and i was wondering if anyone on here (being the wonderfull intelligent people you are) new anything about anything along these lines or anywhere i could find some info...

all info would be greatly appreciated thankyoooo:)

Comments

• Options
    Cannabis. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Cannabis. :yes:
    i agree, there is nothing it cant cure in my experience
  • Options
    It really sounds like an operation is the only thing that might help .. however how about hypnosis?

Pain is in the mind and if you can control the mind then maybe you can control the pain?

I saw Paul McKenna help this guy who could barely speak and all the doctors were saying an operation was the only cure - but they tried hypnosis and it worked within seconds!!
  • Options
    acupuncture?

failing that....Opium.
  • Options
    Would them TENS machines work? they are for pain releif, I dont know much about them or what types of pain they are supposed to help..........maybe someone else does?

I think you can get loan ones from G.P surgeries :)
  • Options
    I would suggest acupuncture but on second thoughts I don't think I should

The operation would be the best thing i think
  • Options
    as has been said, cannabis is incredibly good, but unless you have lived in a hole for most of your life you may know of a slight problem you may come across if you ask for it in the chemist...
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    It really sounds like an operation is the only thing that might help .. however how about hypnosis?

Pain is in the mind and if you can control the mind then maybe you can control the pain?

I saw Paul McKenna help this guy who could barely speak and all the doctors were saying an operation was the only cure - but they tried hypnosis and it worked within seconds!!

Ah yes, the old "pain is in the mind" theory - pain is in the mind because it's a message from your neurons and nerves telling you that there is something wrong with your body. Therefore simply controlling the pain isn't the way to heal, you have to do something about the source of the problem
    (The speech thing I agree could work however, as some people who are psychologically affected have physical problems)

That said, I'm currently very useless in thinking of alternative ways of treating pain (blame my exam revision) so I shall come back to this question at some point on Saturday when a) I've finished my exams and b) I've sobered up from celebrating
  • Options
    .. Like I said the operation is probably the only long term solution
  • Options
    CANNABIS.
    let me tell you a story ...i have damaged the three lower discs in my spine. i have had three seperate stays in hospital. i have been offered an operation that is 50/50. meaning there is a 50% chance the operation would be sucsessful. or a 50% chance i will be worse! now 50/50 that it works or doesn't would be fine but a 50 % chance of it being worse ...no thankyou.
    i have tried every painkiller going. including morphine sulphate ...which i have in my medicine cupboard right now ...dated 1999. haven't and wont touch it. but i can have it on script. i can't have cannabis on script ...thats imoral. and medicaly fucking ignorant. every painkiller i have tried has had negative side effects ...insomnia...agitation ...loss of apetite and even ...depression. i have only ever felt such serious depression once in my life ...as a chemical side effect of a legal medicine that went straight in the bin when i sussed what was happening.
    cannabis ...and no one around me has the faintest idea i have a serious back problem ...the odd ache that i've learned to live with and everyone knows about. for fucks sake i've just built a log cabin! 10ft long heavy logs. recently did a screeded concrete floor ...with cannabis i aint got no back problems ...this miracle drug should be freed. should never have been caged.
    trouble is ...finding the right dosage ...it varies massively for everyone.
  • Options
    alcohol is the key, and cannabis, both ease the pain
  • Options
    Cannabis.

One day i had a sore leg and my muscles were sore, i smoked cannabis and then there was no pain or soreness, its great and it dosent cost that much.
    Think of the wonders it could do if the government started prescribing it for free to medical users.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Think of the wonders it could do if the government started prescribing it for free to medical users.
    they are trying but ...there determined to try their damdest to remove a certain side effect. the side effect that makes you smile! you can have painkillers with bad side effects but not ones with pleasant side effects.
  • Options
    shes tried cannabis,didnt work
  • Options
    and no where will do the operation
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    and no where will do the operation
    she'll have to become a heroin addict then ...comfortably numb ...
  • Options
    okay okay id rather it was nothing thats illegal is going to cost a bomb and half and that addictive
  • Options
    shes tried cannabis,didnt work

Did she smoke much and for how long? Just once and then give it up?
  • Options
    afew times,but it made her really ill really really ill
  • Options
    afew times,but it made her really ill really really ill

Thats a pity, it can work wonders for so many people.
  • Options
    hu ray for cannabis, yo!!:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    hu ray for cannabis, yo!!:D

Hooray for cannabis?

Tsk*

The majority of people who say things like "hooray for cannabis!" have never touched the stuff and only say it because it's been made to look popular.

Try and stop fitting in.

Im not anti pot, im just sick of 16 year olds who fly the pretend-pothead flag.
  • Options
    And natural pain remiedies?

suicide.