Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

NightClub Coach Trips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
As I've mentioned in previous threads I'm considering moving into entertainment and events management and also looking for something that will allow my creative side to be used.

I was considering looking into nightclub promotion but recently I remembered something I thought of years ago but never got around to doing.

What I am looking into is providing some kind of NightClub Coach service.

I live in London but don't really think too much of a lot of the nightclubs. Years ago we went on this Party Bus thing that took us to 4 different London clubs in one night ... It was pretty good but lots of room for improvement .. but what I'd really like to do is take people out of London to places maybe 2 to 3 hours drive away that they'd never normally go to. And also provide food, drink and entertainment onboard the coach.

I figure this way I'm not tied to a set club or set location from where to operate, unlike promoting a nightclub.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the idea? And good venue to go to?

I was thinking to start off by going to places that aren't too far from London such as Brighton.

Also any advice on coach hire .. I've enquired and had some pretty high quotes!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like it could work. You could arrange tickets for entry to all the clubs and peraphs even buy VIP tickets like some limo companys do. That would make it even more special. It would be easy for your clients if they pay just one fee and get almost everything included.

I don't think you'd be able to offer alcholic drinks on the bus but it would still be fun with everyone traveling together. You could decorate the bus with simple lighting and have music playing.
  • Options
    We get a lot of coach trips to the club that i work in

things that you need to think about are security on the coach, many of the coach companies round our end are requiring security to be arranged by you or they wont take the booking. i can see their point as i wouldnt want a load of pissed up people fighting on my coach as i drove up the moterway. if your planning on doing that yourself i think you will be required to do somne sort of course before they will allow it (general security courses or the door course) .

would you pay for the door charge as part of the package or would you just provide transport. if you are paying the door charge as part of a package and they dont get in it is your responsibility to makesure that they are ok.
    in one incident at the club i work in a lad couldnt get incos he looked about 12 and one of his mates said that he would stop out with hiom. so anyway they both get back on the bus with a not very impressed bus driver and pretend to be asleep. bout 3hours later the driver comes in the club to get a cup of tea (were nice people and make freezing bus drivers cups of tea) and couldnt have been gone more than about two min. when he returned the bus wasnt there it was jammed under a low bridge about 2miles down the road and the company running the bus had to pay taxi's and mini buses for everyone on the bus to get home cos he was liable.

sorry if im depressing but hope that helps. mel*** :D
  • Options
    I'd like to have an all inclusive thing as far as getting into the club - so the only extras are food and drinks they purchase in the club. I wouldn't want them to spend a few hours on a coach and then have to queue just to get in the club.

.. I've considered the ID thing - I would have to warn everyone on taking photo ID and wearing the proper dress - no trainers, etc.

I suppose it's better to check people's ID's and dress as they board the coach and tell them without the proper stuff they're probably going to have a wasted trip and it's better they don't go?

Ideally I'd like to target the slightly more professional crowd or perhaps big companies - our trip was with people who worked for a large FT100 company and in some sense I think people were more likely to behave themselves as they didn't want to show themselves up infront of their colleueges.

I've considered security but you never know what people will do when they are drunk .. but I really don't want to cater to that kind of crowd anyway .. I'd really like to cater to London City types that enjoy a good night out without getting off their face, have cash to spend on entertainment and perhaps find the clubbing crowd in London to stale.

How far do people come to get to your club and any idea what they charge punters?

Do clubs offer good deals if you say you can bring in 50 people to their club - espacially if it's at the start of the night when things are dead quiet like around 10pm to 10:45pm?

Most clubs I've been to are dead until 11:30pm. So I'd think most managers would welcome a large group of people that got in an hour before that.

So the bus driver was dumb enough to leave his keys in the coach??

Who paid for the minibuses? The company that hired the coach or the company that owned the coach?

Personally if the driver left the keys in the coach then I reckon it was his fault (I assume coaches have keys???) - I'd have thought most experience drivers take a drinks flask with them and stay with the coach?
  • Options
    They hot wired the bus, shows what a scally crowd we get in off coaches if they could hot wier it in bout 2min. the club had a reputation for fighting quite a while ago and the regulars have caught on but not the coach trips.

I think any cub would offer discount to a large group, depending on how regular a thing its gonna be i think we let one person in free for every 7-10 depending on the price of the night and if were running it or if its being done by outside promoters (costs between £7 and£12 so not to bad)

if your trying to get group discounts you would probably be better ringing the promoters number off a advertising poster aswell as the actuall club to see who gives you the better deal.

were in lancs really near manchester and we get a weekly coach in from black pool lots in from warrington and runcorn and the occasional one from further away such as the lake district, north wales and even london once.
  • Options
    I guessing that perhaps a London crowd wouldn't be so ready to get into trouble. I hardy ever see a fight in the clubs near me.

Wow your clubs are pricey, clubs near me charge around £5 before 10pm and about £8 after. With usually discount vouchers to get a few quid off given on th estreet or even free vouchers from their website which get you in free before 10:30pm on a Friday.

I guess coaches don't come with immobilsers .. hope those lads got sent to jail. But to some extent I don't think the driver should have left his coach knowing two people were onboard, should have chucked them out and made them wait until he got back and locked the coach - but hindsight is a wonderful thing .. right?

Is your club an independantly owned venue? I think many first leisure and luminar leisure clubs do pretty good deals to their clubs as they don't use promoters on Friday and Saturday nights since they don't need them as they are busy enough?

I know our local First Leisure clubs one - uses a promoter for Mondy and Thursday nights - but they don't really pull in that big a crowd.
  • Options
    I dont think that we get many coaches comin to luminar and first clubs round our end as they all tend to be the same cant comment on your end. if your trying for a chain i would imagaine that you would get very good discounts as they can afford it.

if you wanted to do a coach trip to way away i think that i would recvomend tall trees as you would get loads of intrest as it is the largest club in england. not got a clue how long it would take you to get to yarm though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    I dont think that we get many coaches comin to luminar and first clubs round our end as they all tend to be the same cant comment on your end. if your trying for a chain i would imagaine that you would get very good discounts as they can afford it.

if you wanted to do a coach trip to way away i think that i would recvomend tall trees as you would get loads of intrest as it is the largest club in england. not got a clue how long it would take you to get to yarm though.

Is this the place you mean?
    http://www.talltreesclub.co.uk/

It's in Newquay - which is well far from London - more like a weekend trip I think then a day trip.

Not much info on the website if it is the right place.
    I think starting off with First Leisure and Luminar clubs might be the best solution to begin with as you say they can afford it since they make money on the bar as well and often give free tickets from their website too. So can't see why not big discounts or free entrance if you get there early enough.
  • Options
    That sounds like a good idea. i ment club M@tall trees which is in yarm near middlesbrough tried to find the website for you but i cant find one thats not for the hotell talltrees next door. i know it mite be a bit of a drive but im sure people would be up for it to visit the biggest club in england. i thingk you might be right tho small distances first that way people will know that they can trust you and will be willing to go on longer jurneys knowing that they wont get abandoned in the middle of no-where.

Have you thaught about possibly following one of the large nights around that way you will have a regular coustom. just a thort
  • Options
    I joined a coach party of 50 people back in November 2001 and we went to a club night called 'Solid' in the Mezzanaine (Wolverhampton). Each person paid £7 for the bus + driver, and then club entry was reduced from £10 to £5 so it worked quite well. The bus picked people up in Stoke-on-Trent, then it stopped at various points in Stafford (I was picked up at the university) and then onto Wolves.

There are no train services what-so-ever on Sat-Sun nights, so we need more in a way of organised coach parties.

E.g. Sundissential (Saturdays) at the Birmingham Sanctuary. It finishes at 4am and then we have to wait until 9am before the first train takes us back to Stafford. Godskitchen on Fridays isn't so bad, but still, the first train doesn't arrive until 5:20.

If you really don't want to travel out of Stafford, we always have the Zanzibar :lol:
  • Options
    That's a pretty short journey from Stoke on Trent to Stafford? About 17 miles according to Autoroute - I was wondering how come it was so cheap .. been quoted a lot higher rate from coach companies so far but then again I asked for London to Nottingham which is more like 130 miles each way!!.

Coach companies are pretty crap at reponding to emails - don't know why they bother having one if they don't plan to answer email queries.
  • Options
    I'd happily and willingly provide free legal advice regarding the set-up and so forth, so long as you give me sufficient warning.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    I'd happily and willingly provide free legal advice regarding the set-up and so forth, so long as you give me sufficient warning.

Cheers .. Take it you're a law student?

If it ever goes ahead I plan to have numerous waivers .. although plan to be upfront about it.

I want to create an online ticketing system so people can purchase their tickets for the coach trip straight off the web BUT be upfront and tell them if their idea of a good time is being drunk off your face then this isn't the outing for them!!

If anyone here has been to the church on a sunday

www.thechurch.co.uk

You'll know what I mean - most people are OK but some just go to get off their face drunk - saw several guys litterally run into solid bric walls purely for fun and end up knocking themselves out.

And the organisers didn't do a thing to stop them. All they cared about was them not walking out with beer cans in their hands otherwise they'd lose their licence.
  • Options
    Just had one coach company say they don't do nightclub tours cos they get a bit too messy when people chuck up!!
  • Options
    keep going you will find someone that will motor you about eventually. i do think that its a really good idea. aslong as you have thaught of everything it should be a great set up:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    keep going you will find someone that will motor you about eventually. i do think that its a really good idea. aslong as you have thaught of everything it should be a great set up:)

Cheers, I hate set backs like these .. did have one company quote me today for London to Brighton so not everyone is so stuck inthe mud... I need to get down to Brighton for some serious research, there's a train station from my house straight down there about 1.5 hours each way - I think it's better to get the train there first time and not worry about parking. Just wish they'd keep running longer .. the alternative is to party all night and come back inthe morning or find a little B&B - any recommendations?

I've been going through making a list of ideas, things to do onboard, food that could be served, equipment (even down to buying sick bags - by the way where do you get these from??)

I really enjoy putting on events for other people and seeing them have a good time and would love to make my living doing something like that rather then the usual 9 to 5 office job!!

I just drove past a Fish and Chip shop around the corner from my house - I never really go there but saw the guy working behind the counter ... he's been there for as long as I can remember - maybe 20 years!! I think it's terrible when people spend their entire lives doing something they hate to earn money!!

I saw a couple of websites of people in America doing a similar service - some of them had pictures and it looked like the people were having the best time!!
  • Options
    Sick bag site

link to a forign site that sells sick bags (i know i have too much time on my hands)
    Keep going with the coaches it will be worth it to do a job that you really enjoy. :D
  • Options
    ok the last link went wrong dont know what happen then but its not the pg that it was ment to bereal sick bag site
    and what loverly sick bags they are!
  • Options
    .. Cheers .. I've bought a Domain Name and working on a website .. need to start ringing around and try to see if I can get a booking for a large group of people.... Perhaps a company that has lots of young, high spirited people working for them - like call centres or something.

Many companies have monthly newsletters and social clubs - I'll have to try and see how to get into one of those!!