Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The best party...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya,

My parents have gone away for a week every summer for the past three years, and each year I've been saying that I'll have a party (but haven't), however this year I think I'm going to take the plunge...

What I wanted to ask you all is what tips can you give me for making my party one to remember? I don't want to be spending too much money on it and its just going to be a house party, but I'd everyone who comes to really enjoy themselves and have a good time.

Whats the best party you've ever been to and what was it that made it so special?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    Best party I ever went to was at my mates flat. I'd say there were about 30 odd people there, and I'd say about 99% of them were totally wasted.

Just make sure everyone is relaxed, get plenty booze in, and make sure everyone knows where the lavvy is (very important I find)

Hope it all goes OK :)
  • Options
    First of all, do NOT give out too many invites, you may well end up with some nasty people turning up and wrecking your house.

I remember when I was a teen two blokes turned up to a house party with bin bags and just ransacked the place. Totaly trashed it, and beat the shite out of someone.

Anyway, enough of the horror stories, just get your mates together with some booze and have a laugh. Tell the nieghbors first so they wont call the cops on you.
  • Options
    Best party I've been to? Can't remember it was that good. :thumb: :p

Make sure that everyone knows the rules before you all get drunk and stupid. If it's no smoking in the house make sure everyone knows. And provide plenty of ashtrays and vomit buckets.

Oh and remember. Your folks bedroom is out of grounds so no shagging on the duvet. :D
  • Options
    Put all valuables away for the night/s of the party... get alot of booze and drugs and yea tell the neighbours, the last thing you want is the cops coming up to ur house with a noise complaint and you are really stoned/pissed.

Good luck and party.
  • Options
    Yeah I will definitely get all the breakable stuff and put it in my parents room so no one can get to it...I'll prolly be spending about 40 quid on booze cuz ideally everyone will be bringing their own anyway :yeees:

I was thinking of making it all girly and putting fairy lights up and stuff, was considering candles but then I thought I don't want my house to be burnt to the ground within an hour :no:
  • Options
    yes, tell the neighbours! we had the gardaí out here on monday night because of the noise. but seriously, drink and a bit of crappy finger food and you'll be grand. i'd say everyone would be well impressed if there were fairy lights! i barely hoovered the floor.
  • Options
    As long as you make sure that youre as sober as you can possibly be, then you should be ok... if youre sober you can keep people in line, and clean up after them, and their puke :yuck:

another alternative is to get rat arsed, be the life and soul of the party, not give a shite about the mess, and if its an all nighter lock the front door so that no-one can leave the following morning until the house is spotless! :p
  • Options
    And get yourself a 'bouncer', i have two mates who decide to be bouncers at everyones party.. give them an insentive, and if anyone gets outta line, or people you dont like or trust turn up, you can get the tough guys to do your dirty work and tell em to get lost.
  • Options
    :yes: @ lil_minx....girlie, you're good!
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    :yes: @ lil_minx....girlie, you're good!

bless, thanks :D

Another idea... rather than just a stero for music, get somebody to bring decks&mixer and vinyl over... the last thing you want is people being bored (thats when they start to set fire to things -everbody turns to minor arson when theyre bored!) People can have a laugh at everybody's crap mixing, and everybody will want to take turns at being dj ~ get a mic too, youre bound to have one hilarious person who will hog the mic to make funny announcements.

Make sure that you have plenty of seats in the garden too, that way people can stil have a giggle outisde, meaning less people in the house and less mess to clean up.

And keep a secret stash of booze locked away, incase you run out too early.
  • Options
    that's it....organise *my* next party for me too, will ya? :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    that's it....organise *my* next party for me too, will ya? :)

:lol:

as long as i get invited!!
  • Options
    On the subject of music... you could tell people to bring their own CDs, so you're not worried about your music not pleasing everyone.

When we had our flat warming party we bought a big bag of ice, dumped it in the bath and then put all the drinks there. Seemed like a good idea at the time but when the party gets going and there's a huge queue for the loo, you can never get in there to get your Bacardi Breezers!
  • Options
    Well that might work for me because my toilet and bathroom are in separate rooms :) I think I might link an amp up to my computer so I can play mp3s and that way I can download anything anyone wants beforehand or on the night (If I'm sober enough to figure out how). My living room is upstairs so I'll probably have that with the fairy lights upstairs and then just a regular CD player downstairs so people can put their own CDs on if they don't like the music thats being played upstairs.

I like the bouncer idea, methinks I am definitely going to reserve a couple of mostly sober males to do that job for me!
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    I like the bouncer idea, methinks I am definitely going to reserve a couple of mostly sober males to do that job for me!

*Flexes Ninja Muscles*

I take it there will be plenty of single, willing females. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by ±Lover±
    Ummm i'm getting lots of great ideas from this thread!
    I'm having my birthday party Saturday, i was going to have it at my house but decided it was a bad idea and moved it down to the beach. Yeah as long as there is lots of booze and maybe some weed i think it should be a good party!
    ~XXX~

Sounds like a good idea, why risk having someone wreck your place - better to have it on the beach or in a nightclub and let them wreck someone elses place.