Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

i dont like her like that, but want to say YES

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok peeps heres the deal, got back of holiday on monday. after being home for about 2 - 3 hours a mate of mine from my nans txts me and tells me she needs to speak to me on the phone, so i told her to for me on the spare like for broadband and awaited her call. she asked me how my moms wedding went and holw th holiday went and if i pulled, or if i hooked up with the girl i went with (Best mate TreZ) i said no and she went on about how she hasnt been with her boyfriend for ages and how they've split up and that while i was away she was thinking about me ALOT and that she wanted to ask me something, after alot of dodging the subject she told me she wanted to go out with me, i said i would think about it and she said ok. later that night just before i went to bed i told her no but she aint txt me back since.
The reason i said no was because i dont really like her like that and could never picture myself being with her, am i like someone else kinda maybe.... :confused:
But on further thought i was thinking maybe i should have said yes, i havnt had a girlfirend since my 11 month girl that left me in a state about relationships and messed me up alot. i never thought id get another girlfriend or have any offers (stupid as it sounds) but this girl kelly did ask me out and i said no, i want to know if i should be with her even though i dont like her like that? maybe i could learn to like her? i dont know im really muddled on this 1.... HELP :eek2:

Later Days

Comments

• Options
    Ive tried it before hunny and it doesnt work, if there is no initial attraction, then you will just grow to hate her!! I promise this to you!! Go out with me instead! :naughty: :flirt:
  • Options
    Yep, it really doesn't work! I've had this happen to me twice and it just ended in shit, because the person really liked me and i didn't like them and ended up hurting them :(
  • Options
    Re: i dont like her like that, but want to say YES
    Originally posted by Mrmint666

But on further thought i was thinking maybe i should have said yes, i havnt had a girlfirend since my 11 month girl that left me in a state about relationships and messed me up alot. i never thought id get another girlfriend or have any offers (stupid as it sounds) but this girl kelly did ask me out and i said no, i want to know if i should be with her even though i dont like her like that? maybe i could learn to like her?
    To be honest, if the initial attraction isn't there, then it probably won't work.
    What is it that means you don't have that spark? Is it looks, or personality? Or both? If she's a friend, and it doesn't work out, then it could ruin a good friendship.
    I suppose you could give it a go, tell her you're unsure. You may find you like her. At least you'll have given it a go. But are you prepared for the fall out if it doesn't? Is she?
    I'd be tempted to give it a go, simply because you'll always be wondering "what if" otherwise. Mind you, I haven't seen it work before with other friends.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Don't do it, because it's for the wrong reasons. You don't really like her 'in that way' so how could a relationship work? And if you went out with her, then decided to end it again, you'd be messing around with her feelings and you'd almost certainly hurt her.

You might want to give her a call though, to check she's ok - it's not nice to be 'rejected' via text message.
  • Options
    If you don't like her like that then don't ask her out or anything but instead get to know her first and foremost as a friend. Then you can make a better decision. You shouldn't just rush into things you will be likely to hurt her if you do that.
  • Options
    You did right mate, if youre not instantly attracted, like V.V says then its unlikey to work. Ive been there with my best mate, didnt work. You did the right thing. Shes probably too embarassed and maybe thats why shes not txt back.
  • Options
    I'm going to go against what everyones said because it's worked for me. I was not physically attracted to a girl but I gave it a shot and got to know her, fell in love and was with her 3 years so I can say it can work.
    If, however, you know the lass and aren't attracted to her personality then thats a different story and I don't think it would work.