Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

me goin reading? you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
im goin to reading this year,just wondering what festivals if any will you be oging to/havebeen to or would like to go?

personnallyi was a bit late so i could only get a sunday ticket to see soad who are my favs,nest year im going weekend,*begining reading 2004 fund*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No not going to reading,wish i was though but im going to Metallica and Slane :)
  • Options
    I know of people going to the Reading festival but not one of these people are me. My bf has been to Download and is going to V and Reading too
  • Options
    Yep, I was at Reading 2001, 2002 and I will be there this year. And *talk* about starting a Reading fund, my friend and I booked a hotel room for one night so we could have a shower and it cost £155! I think shes paying for most of it but we're considering renting the shower out, lol. Plus theres always loads of nice clothes there that I wanna buy, and food and drink is always really expensive :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by almost_innocent
    Yep, I was at Reading 2001, 2002 and I will be there this year. And *talk* about starting a Reading fund, my friend and I booked a hotel room for one night so we could have a shower and it cost £155! I think shes paying for most of it but we're considering renting the shower out, lol. Plus theres always loads of nice clothes there that I wanna buy, and food and drink is always really expensive :no:

I was at reading 2001 and 2002, and i was there for a day in 2000... my dad goes. And gets a hotel. The WHOLE time!

Lazy bastard.

Though as he says - he's done the camping bit, and can afford a hotel room!

I'm only going for a day this year (friday), i didn't have the money for it before the weekend tickets sold out completely.

Arse.
  • Options
    I really wanted to go to the Witnness festival but I spent all my money on other gigs before I found out the manic street preachers were playing one of the days :mad:

I'm still going to Slane though so that'll be excellent :D
  • Options
    I'm going to Reading. Looking forward to Blur the most. And I am so glad someone else is staying in a hotel! I've had the piss taken out of me by everyone I know! I just hate camping. I did it last year at Reading, did it at V2001 and Glasto 2000 and this year I decided to treat myself. Mmmmm...showers and flush toilets.
  • Options
    I be going to Leeds festival this year , cant bloody wait!
  • Options
    I am so glad someone else is staying in a hotel! I've had the piss taken out of me by everyone I know! I just hate camping. I did it last year at Reading, did it at V2001 and Glasto 2000 and this year I decided to treat myself. Mmmmm...showers and flush toilets.

Well personally I am one of these people who cannot *stand* not washing my hair every day - I always feel sweaty, greasy, dirty and highly uncomfortable. Getting a hotel room on the Friday means I will only not b able to shower one day, and then I can just pour water over myself or something.

And as for the toilets, I'm sure we don't need to go into the skankiness of them, *especially* on the Monday morning... :eek2: