Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Surely not fair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My dentist surgery has gone private. Not just one or two dentists but the whole bloody lot of them.

So what do I pay my national insurance for?
Have I/will I see a drop in my national insurance payment?

What do the people in my area do if they can not afford to go private? There are no NHS dentists taking on new clients so the only option is not to go.

Not really promoting a healthy option.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    NHS dentists are totally free are they? If so I have a private dentist. It's not that expensive though I wouldn't worry too much...unless I do have an NHS dentist and you have to pay for them...then you can worry :p
  • Options
    Ooo, you just reminded me to register with the dentist here. Thanks.
  • Options
    Spend less on drink :p

Don't worry, I'm sure false teeth are gonna be fashionable soon.

Maybe ;)
  • Options
    I don't think its fair at all :no:

Like you say, what are people supposed to do if they can't afford to go private?

Do you have another NHS dentist near you?
  • Options
    No they're not totally free. But they are cheaper. So now because of the money grabbing bastards I've got to pay £40 for a check-up. :eek2:

What is the point of me paying the N.I. anymore?

Are other NHS provided services going to go private? Am I gonna be rushed into hospital one day with a heart attack to find I got to pay for it?