Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Car Crash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been out this morning and as we were driving along there was a really, nasty car crash. There were three cars involved and the state of two of them was unbeleivable, talk about being in a right mess, you could hardly make out what type of car one of them was.
In one of the cars there was someone seriously hurt, and one of the people were obviously dead because they covered the person.
It must have just happened before we reached that point because only the police were on scene.Its shook me up really :(
Ive seen car crashes before but not too the extent of this one. Have you ever seen a crash like this and how did you feel after seeing it? If your a driver did it knock your confidence?

Comments

• Options
    :( That sounds awful.

I haven't seen a crash as close-up as that, but I've seen a few, especially on motorways.
  • Options
    I was once in a car crash thing, it was only a little one but it was in a taxi. :|

And I’ve been a shit passenger ever since. *Sigh*
  • Options
    I don't drive and I know it's not exactly the same thing, but a couple of years ago me and my Mam were driving along, and almost got squashed by a *huge* lorry, because the fuck-up driver seemed to come from nowhere. Another couple of seconds, and we'd have been finished. No doubt about it.

A couple of guys I've known died in car crashes, because there's a corner a couple of miles from where I used to live that was really dangerous, especially if there's a lot of speeding going on.
  • Options
    Yeah if we had been 5 mins earlier that may have been us, dont bare thinking about does it.
    There was one woman who was in real shock, wasnt nice to see to be honest.
    I was ok at the time, it kind of hit home about 10 mins later.

James we actually had a crash about 2 years ago luckily also none of us were hurt. It does make you worry when you hear the loud bang and then realise you have been hit by another car, at that time we were only doing 30mph as it was a village so I can imagine what travelling at 50/60mph would feel like.
  • Options
    Car crashes are hideous - I've been in involved them in almost every way possible without getting seriously injured.

As a kid I was knocked over by a car (my own fault for not looking properly at an almost blind corner) but only got bruised hips.
    I was also a passenger when my mum's car got hit from behind at a zebra crossing - we hit the pedestrian we'd stopped for (luckily she only had a broken wrist from it as it wasn't v.fast crash) and my little sister who was in the back of the car got whiplash (and almost got crushed by the dented boot) and got compensation for it.
    A month after I started driving, some kids let a firework off across the road and i swerved to avoid it and bumped a parked car (very embarrasing accident)
    I also had a huge dispute with a woman who opened her car door into the side of my car as I was driving past which went on for months (silly cow)

Thankfully though, I've never been seriously injured, touch wood, although I was in considerable shock after the earlier two, and I pray I'll never be involved in another again.

I did see a horrendous motorway crash once and came very close to throwing up - charred human corpses are really not pretty
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*

And I’ve been a shit passenger ever since. *Sigh* [

thats me all over, we can be travelling along and im saying "hes getting too close" then im grabbing hold of the seat :(
  • Options
    My local news has just said that in the accident a 23 yr old female was pronounced dead at the scene :(

Poor lass :(
  • Options
    Car crashes are terrible, imagine the pain involved and the feeling them terrible few seconds before each car hits each other :crazyeyes

I've seen plently of car crashes, there is a terrible road near me where there are plently of crashes.
  • Options
    My thoughts are with her family.

I don't suppose your local news disclosed the cause of the crash?

I remember reading a case (I forget the name and date) ages ago about a pregnant woman witnessing a motorcycle crash on a bus. She then alighted from the bus and walked over to see what had happened. Consequently, she was horrified to see the extent of the crash, the trauma of which resulted in her having a miscarriage. She blamed witnessing the crash and sued the motorcylist for her loss or psychiatric injury (I forget which). I also forget whether or not she was successful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

I remember reading a case (I forget the name and date) ages ago about a pregnant woman witnessing a motorcycle crash on a bus. She then alighted from the bus and walked over to see what had happened. Consequently, she was horrified to see the extent of the crash, the trauma of which resulted in her having a miscarriage. She blamed witnessing the crash and sued the motorcylist for her loss or psychiatric injury (I forget which). I also forget whether or not she was successful.

No they just said car accident, no details were given.

Accidents affect people different ways, must have been awful for that girl.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Becky, that's really really horrible. I can understand how shaken you must be right now. I don't know what to say really.

I was in a car crash in April. I was driving, and my dad was in the passenger seat. This guy in a tatty old car came speeding up the road, hit the chicanes in the middle of the road and burst two tyres, and hit the front of my car with the side of his. My airbag burst and hit me hard in the face, giving me a bruised nose and scratches on my arms, but thankfully that was the only injuries I had, and my dad was fine too. What shook me up a lot was people in the hospital telling me 'it could have been a lot worse' and 'you were really lucky'. Scared me a lot.

I only passed my test in October so now I'm scared of driving again. I haven't driven since because my car took ages to get repaired and then got hit again when it was parked, so I haven't had a car for months. I'm now a really nervous passenger and when I was in a car which my friend's boyfriend was driving the other day, he started going really fast round these chicanes and I started crying. Felt so stupid :rolleyes:

Sorry for rambling. Hmmm.

Sorry again, Becky. I hope you don't feel too shaken up about it and hope you feel better about it soon.
  • Options
    Accidents like everything affect people behind the scences and especially their familes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone

Sorry again, Becky. I hope you don't feel too shaken up about it and hope you feel better about it soon.

Thanks im much better now, it was after the accident and seeing the cars, then a cover over who I know now was a 23 yr old.

Lisa sorry to hear about you accident, its quite scarey aint it. It does affect people some more than others, like the accident we had has made me now get tense when I think someone is too close and I can feel myself gripping the seat.

Lisa you know that you should really get behind the wheel again, even if you only drive when the streets are quieter just to get your confidence back. I know how hard it might be for you, but really on this one you should face your fear.
    Hope it gets easier for you :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

Car Crashes are shite and all, and ive been involved in one, but thats just plain stupid.

She saw the crash, was wanting to get nosey and she doesnt really have a case because she got close to that crash for her own reasons.

And they say curiosity kills the cat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ally Your Pally
    Car Crashes are shite and all, and ive been involved in one, but thats just plain stupid.

She saw the crash, was wanting to get nosey and she doesnt really have a case because she got close to that crash for her own reasons.

Excuse me? How do you know she wasn't just going over to check the guy was ok?

And the woman lost her baby. Have some sympathy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ally Your Pally

Where you there like? did you see her go to be nosey?

Its awful for someone having to see an accident, im going by the one I saw today it was horrible.