Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

i hope u all agree and sort it out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
look recently things round here hav been pretty shite!

dont get me wrong i love u all to bits and stuff but its really got to stop.

maybe a quick read ofa certain thread from a while back will help u realise how bad this has got.

i dont want to mention names but i think those who mainly are the cause of this know who they r!

*runs and hides b4 getting killed or thrown out*

Comments

• Options
    As much as i want the bickering to stop, it won't its part of life. I t has always happened & always will. It will calm down soon enough though.:)
  • Options
    I have to say here, that even Lacy did not agree with what she wrote, so perhaps that wasn't the right thread to bring up!

If people stopped posting shite without letting people know it is shite so that people like me who don't want to read "online bar" threads can avoid it, then we would all be happier.

It means that debating threads and ones with something interesting in them for the vast majority get pushed to the bottom of the page far too quickly.

Just my opinion though (and countless others....)
  • Options
    Would you like a general debate forum? For more serious/topical threads that aren't necessarily politics as you see it? I'm not going to add one straight away but I may do some more moving and merging with the forums when I've built up my army of mods and this could be an option...

Or just make more use of the politics forum for debate...
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is just an internet message board, ok?

Yeah it's better when people don't argue because the 'atmosphere' is more friendly, but let's not take it too seriously!

By the way, I love you all :heart:
    :D *mwah!*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Would you like a general debate forum? For more serious/topical threads that aren't necessarily politics as you see it? I'm not going to add one straight away but I may do some more moving and merging with the forums when I've built up my army of mods and this could be an option...

Yeah I think the politics forum is the most 'high-brow' and also the forum with the most debaters in it! It can be quite scary! :nervous: But yes, using it more for debating serious topics could maybe help clear the atmosphere in here a little, so people could relax a little more and carrying posting pointless but enjoyable threads :)
  • Options
    Would you like a general debate forum?

YES!!!
    Or you could add a chat room so that chat threads are eradicated..... mwahahahahahaha!!

Erm, some things can be seen as political, but others are mosre about morals and ethics.

The problem is I don't see many people using it. As soon as Anything Goes becomes Serious Thread free certain people will spend all their time chatting in here anyway. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    if there was to be a new one - I'd call it "Runts corner" - or something sounding similar :P
    Don't be rude.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    WWW.MIRC.CO.UK

Download, install

join a server called QUAKENET and join a room called #THESITE.ORG

:)
    Erm, no, I don't want a chat room for ME I want one for YOU LOT.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is just an internet message board, ok?

Yep. Does it really matter? Nope.

You can't have effective debates on here anyway unlike in real life, because no one listens but rather shouts and moans. What you need is someone to chair the debate to keep order, just like in Question Time. Now that's decent, effective debating.
  • Options
    i dont like all the fighting

*cries*

people come on here to get away from whatever shit is going on in their real lives, i know i do. why should we all be fighting on here as well :crying:
  • Options
    just deal with it. there are so many different types of people here there are bound to be clashes, not everyone can get on. I do agree with bumblebee about the 'bar' threads tho

:wave: How is everyone, long time no see eh :D
  • Options

I agree. If other people are having an argument or whatever it doesnt bother me or make a bad atmosphere for me. Some people are too sensitive, personally I like a good argument, you can sort ya shit out. Why cant you just be who you are and let others be who they are? Just cos others are doing someting, why include yourself?
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Why cant you just be who you are and let others be who they are?

Because every time I try to be myself people flame me hehehe. But in real life people like me for it - weird huh? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i dont like all the fighting

*cries*

people come on here to get away from whatever shit is going on in their real lives, i know i do. why should we all be fighting on here as well :crying:
    i'm one of those unfortunates who don't have any shit going on in my life. it's just a larf innit!
    bit of adrenalin. bit of a virtul ruc. the nice thing is that NOBODY gets hurt in the virtual world.
    but you have given me an idea www.averyniceplacefullofverynicepeopleonly.com for the more caring and sensetive kind ...it could be a winner!
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Because every time I try to be myself people flame me hehehe. But in real life people like me for it - weird huh? :confused:

prolly cos you cant always understand what people mean by text, smilies or no smilies.
  • Options
    Would you like a general debate forum? For more serious/topical threads that aren't necessarily politics as you see it?

Wait a bleeding minute, I suggested this months ago and it was shouted down. I suggested a place where all the ants/bars/hello threads could go, and another thread for more serious stuff. All I got was, 'there's too many forums already...' Well, it didn't stop the mods adding a bleeding FASHION forum did it ffs, so why not a bloody productive forum?!?
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    Wait a bleeding minute, I suggested this months ago and it was shouted down. I suggested a place where all the ants/bars/hello threads could go, and another thread for more serious stuff.
    why not just rename this one ...'the silly room'?
    after all it can never and will never be anything else. but then again 'anything goes' does suggest that this isn't exactly a place where anything serious is likely to happen anyway.
    you have sex for problems, education etc. drugs ...for drugs. politics for serious debate about whats going down in the world etc etc etc.
    what exactly does anything goes mean? if it means what it says then ...we need a ...'be as silly and stupid and loud as you want because anything goes in here' ....kind of thread. buggar, those two little words again ....
  • Options

Your point being what exactly?

I dispise things being shrugged off with "it's just the internet". The internet is not detached from the rest of reality. Things you do and say here are not fake, they are real and have real consequences just like as if you said them down the pub. Please do not belittle everything that happens online with that pathetic phrase.

:crazyeyes

Moo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    Your point being what exactly?

they are real and have real consequences just like as if you said them down the pub.
    :crazyeyes

Moo.
    no they aint! you can end up getting punched in the gob down the pub for saying things. you can't here.
    it is completely detatched from reality which is why it got a label all it's own ...virtual reality. not reality ...but virtual reality. you have very few clues as to what is real whilst on the internet being why normaly sensible people end up meeting this realy nice caring young lad off a board just like this one only to be met by a seven foot slobbering kiddy fiddler with a bolt through his neck.
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING ...all is not what it seems in cyber space ...you have left reality behind for now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    no they aint! you can end up getting punched in the gob down the pub for saying things. you can't here.
    it is completely detatched from reality which is why it got a label all it's own ...virtual reality. not reality ...but virtual reality. you have very few clues as to what is real whilst on the internet being why normaly sensible people end up meeting this realy nice caring young lad off a board just like this one only to be met by a seven slobbering kiddy fiddler with a bolt through his neck.
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING ...all is not what it seems in cyber space ...you have left reality behind for now.

I agree.....this is not real life! If you want to be in real life and act like it is then stay there, dont come here if you want a slice of life....cos I never see it like that and I certainly dont act like it is. To act like it is could be unhealthy for the mind :)
  • Options
    We also eventually grow up!!! Theres a reason why im not around here much these days, i read occasionally but rarely post!!!! But eh up, ppl will always do what they want!

Keep Smiling!
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    I agree.....this is not real life! If you want to be in real life and act like it is then stay there, dont come here if you want a slice of life....cos I never see it like that and I certainly dont act like it is. To act like it is could be unhealthy for the mind :)

I find your ability to pretend that the words you type are not real disturbing. However, believe in your delusion if you must.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kat
    We also eventually grow up!!!
    being grown up ALL the time aint what it's cracked up to be. believe me ...i tried it once, never again.
  • Options
    I find your ability to pretend that the words you type are not real disturbing. However, believe in your delusion if you must.
    mist ...all the fiction stories in the world were 'written'. it doesn't make the places or the events or the people 'REAL'.
    there is no body language here for you to read. very unreal. there are no immediate consequences from our actions becuase ...there are no actions. there is no sound. no movement.
    there is no life or breath. you can just walk away. you cannot just walk away from reality. you cannot switch reality on and off and refuse to go back there. you cannot be banned from reality.
    i fear the machine has taken over your mind ...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you have sex for problems, education etc. drugs ...for drugs. politics for serious debate about whats going down in the world etc etc

...but we havn't got a chatroom for chat!

Don't get me wrong 'ants' was a great idea but it's been done to death. I don't think anyone minds a a few pointless threads, but it's nice when they're 'original' pointless threads.

We're bound to get some pointless threads though ...we talk crap to each other off the boards, so it would be reasonable to expect us to talk a bit of crap on here aswell ...problems arise when all there's too much 'crap' and the place becomes much less intresting.

I don't know, I'm not that bothered to be honest ...but it is nice to see some intresting threads to post in, rather than talking about what I had in my lunchbox today!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Im leaning towards Morrocan and V V on this one .. (although i did get a bit lost with Morrocan rolls last post.. but, im used to getting lost with his posts!)

I love the site, wouldnt give it up, but its just a message board, its not real, none of you know me, and i know none of you... yes, we can help people, and thats great, but its also a place where we can say what we bloody well think about an issue or an idea, or even the way a person comes across and not have to worry that we're gunna get slapped like in real life.

Its the internet... thats all.
  • Options
    the worldwidewait is a fantastic machine. but it is a machine.
    a bit like a slot machine at times. but this slot machine is indeed capable of bringing up emotions, very strong emotions where you can become attatched to a degree to different personalities in places like this. these personalities can make you laugh, cry, get real angry etc ...thats bloody clever for a machine but then ...the telly has had that power for years. doesn't make eastenders 'real' though.
  • Options

:lol: *chuckles* how do you find my ability? HOw dya know im pretending? Why do my words disturb you? Disturbing!!! Im gobsmacked! That doesnt happen often! Surely theres nothing more to say, your words say it all for you! Sorry dud, if this is your life and your real world!
  • Options
    Gawd I can't be bothered. I'm constantly trying to explain myself to a bunch of simpletons who simply don't matter. Believe whatever you like.
  • Options
    Gawd I can't be bothered. I'm constantly trying to explain myself to a bunch of simpletons who simply don't matter. Believe whatever you like.

This thread is to stop arguing and name calling and bitching etc......I arrest my case