Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hammocks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK even though there's only been a few days of warm weather I've decided it high time I got myself a hammock for the garden!

Does anyone know where I might buy such a thing? There aren't many hammock shops round my way...

This summer better be a blazer because I'm gonna be soooo lazy! :D

Comments

• Options
    B'n'Q ?

Some kind of garden centre maybe :)
  • Options
    Habitat?? :confused:

They sometimes have cool things like that...
  • Options
  • Options
    Well I took a look on the B&Q website and they'd none, John Lewis and Habitat both had hammocks but they were in the region of £70, just a little steep for me!

I guess looking for a cheap one in the summer will keep me busy at least, thanks anyway! :)
  • Options
    Try an outdoors type shop like millits or Blacks they usually sell "mini" hammocks which are basically the same thing but as there designed for backpacking they don't have the wooden poles at either end, just as comfy though
  • Options
    Re: Hammocks
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    OK even though there's only been a few days of warm weather I've decided it high time I got myself a hammock for the garden!

Does anyone know where I might buy such a thing? There aren't many hammock shops round my way...

This summer better be a blazer because I'm gonna be soooo lazy! :D

Get yaself down here to London and go to Camden.
    Wow they got some good'uns there... hmm... me wants one...
  • Options
    Ahhh, I love Hammocks so much! Ugh, and why do people keep telling me they are hard to fall out of?! The only time I've ever nearly fallen out is when I was in it with..another person and...well, yeaaaaaaah, ahem, so anyway...

if you buy a cheap thing isn't it just more likely to be shit and kinda a waste of cash? :confused:
  • Options
    I want a hammock above my bed, so i can choose what i want to sleep in every night; a hammock or a bed. And if i choose the hammock and fall out, i'll only hit the bed!
    Buy a hammock from one of those ethnic shops that sell nicknacks, and you go in and can smell incense and hear African drums, etc. There was a shop like that near me, called Zanzibar.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    if you buy a cheap thing isn't it just more likely to be shit and kinda a waste of cash? :confused:

Well I mean I'll spend enough on it to last a while but I don't want to blow a bomb on some state of the art super hammock with four drinks holders or anything!

When I was small I used to want to have a hammock in my room instead of a bed, but over the years I've resigned myself to the fact I have to sleep in a normal bed like everyone else :impissed:
    Mind you, around the same time, I also wanted my walls painted black...