Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Nottingham - Male to Female Ratio

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've heard loads of times that Women out number Men 2 to 1 in Nottingham - anyone know if this is True?

I went once with friends from uni and it was like being in one of those sci-fi movies where a group of men go into outspace and land on a planet of nothing but women - they were everywhere and not a man in sight ... however it was during the football world cup .... so I'm wondering if that explains why there seemed to be so many women out that night but no men?? That was about 8 years ago - haven't been back since.

If it is true can anyone recommend any good places to go out there?

Comments

• Options
    I heard it too but I hope it's not true cos I'm hopefully going to uni there and I want BLOKES goddammit!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ajshep1984
    Its quality that counts anyway not quantity and a high percentage of females in Nottinghamshire are dirty bags! Fact!

What do you mean? Got an example?
  • Options
    I mean slags! Thats the wording me and all me little chums use for slags!

Yeah but in what way? Are you saying they are easy or use guys or what? Slags could mean a number of things? What's so good about Mansfield then?
  • Options
    Its quality that counts anyway not quantity and a high percentage of females in Nottinghamshire are dirty bags! Fact!

Hmmm :chin: Are we indeed.

It's like any other city. You get your fair share of dogs and your fair share of stunners. Plus the majority of men are mingers most of the time as well :yes:

And yes the male:female ratio used to be about 1-3 before but now it's pretty much even.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    And yes the male:female ratio used to be about 1-3 before but now it's pretty much even.

That's no fun!! - How could the Ratio change that quickly i.e. in 10 years?
  • Options
    I heard this too, but when I went there i didn't really notice if there were more men or women. In Milton Keynes I always think that there seems to be loads more guys than girls about, but that's the only place I can remember noticing. I reckon it's a myth made up by nottingham people to get more people to go out in the town.
  • Options
    Originally posted by honey_bunnee
    I heard this too, but when I went there i didn't really notice if there were more men or women. In Milton Keynes I always think that there seems to be loads more guys than girls about, but that's the only place I can remember noticing. I reckon it's a myth made up by nottingham people to get more people to go out in the town.

I go to Milton Keynes quite often - used to live there too for 3 years... I'd say it was about 50:50 there - noticed a heck of a lot of young girls with prams during the day in MK.

I think a lot of people that might have moved to Mk could include a lot of single guys going there for the work - there are many head offices up in MK and cheap housing compared to London.