Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

not playstation 3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sony have unveiled the first details and images of a brand new PlayStation - although it's not PlayStation 3.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?subsectionid=158&articleid=65391&pagetype=2%20

Comments

• Options
    Ahh the Playstation 2.5!

It is the PS2 but quieter, minus the ports we don't want but with added entertainment features.

Sony also have the PSP coming out - handheld Playstation much like the GBA.

It should be interesting to see what the sales figures are like...
  • Options
    Xbox Lite has also been revealed (I think it was at E3). It's essentially an Xbox but smaller - so it's a bit less of a doorstop :).

I can't help think that Sony are shooting themselves in the foot a bit. Announcing the PS3 (due 2005) and PSX so close and all. The success of the PSX really depends on price I think.
  • Options
    i wont buy one ...even if i didnt already have a ps2
  • Options
    its like this:
    sony: here we have this new console
    customer: what does it do
    sony: it can play all the plastation 2 games and the ps1 games
    customer: *pause* so. the playstation 2 does that as well
    sony: ahh but this one is half a centimeter smaller AND it has a more quiet fan.*quietly* but it heats up beyond melting point.
    customer: (didnt here the melting point thing) so
    sony: well you know like it will be good....*thinkin of something to say*
    customer: how much is it.
    sony: *excited about price* ah it is only 70 pound *very quietly says* dearer than the ps2.
  • Options
    Ah, poor old sony. They are losing the grip on the console industry they once had. Xbox however has done a lot better than predicted, especially after this years E3.

It looks like sony is doomed and microsoft, yet again, have control of the market. sigh!!

Whilst on the matter. Has anyone seen the demo for HALO 2 that was shown last month. It looks sooooo good. The only reason i got an Xbox in the first place was because of HALO and HALO 2 looks a zillian times better :) with microsoft gettin games of that caliber its no wonder they are taking other the market.
  • Options
    x box is way to big for a console, it is bigger than a 1kg box of kellogs cornflakes! thats pretty big.
    whats the best between game cube , xbox, and ps2
  • Options
    heard bout the plans, but the first pics ive seen of em. i think the sony should slow down and reap the rewards of the PS2
  • Options
    whats the best between game cube , xbox, and ps2

the best is psx2...its the best other than pc of course.
  • Options
    dude have you played the others, my friend says that the game cube it the best.
    :chin: wonder which is the best
  • Options
    Havent actually played the others, had a quick go on a xbox once before, dont like the sound of the others, psx2 is fine for me now.
  • Options
    when you play enter the matrix on the other consoles you dont hae to load every 2 minutes which is annoying on the ps2
  • Options
    yeh the thing does a shitload of loadin. not good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Seven_VII
    yeh the thing does a shitload of loadin. not good.

yeah, see on the game cube, it doesnt need to load much at all during game play compared to the ps2.
  • Options
    But the psx2 games are of a better range..the psx2 games will only get better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    But the psx2 games are of a better range..the psx2 games will only get better.

not so, the cube is far faster of bit rate and at the time it does not have as many games as the ps2 but it will at some stage with more superb graphics than the ps2 :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    not so, the cube is far faster of bit rate and at the time it does not have as many games as the ps2 but it will at some stage with more superb graphics than the ps2 :yes:

So you going to get a gamecube now?

The games on the gamecube are less adult than certain ones on the psx2,well alot actually.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard

Do you want to play a quality game or just look at it?

You'll end up with game likes The Bouncer - jaw dropping graphics (at the time) but underneath the graphics it smells a bit