Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

The Starting Line

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone like them? I saw them live recently and they were really reall good:D
xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    My mate went to see them in Manchester, she thought they were great - she met the lead singer guy :D Kenny is he called?!

They're her favourite band anyhoo :D
  • Options
    I've heard of them and I think I may have seen them live supporting another band but I wasn't too keen.
  • Options
    Yeh Kenny Vasoli:yum: they were good live i enjoyed the gig and From Autumn to Ashes played a good set too. can't wait till i go see capdown again tho:D ska rules!
    xxx
  • Options
    MykeMyke Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    Nice to see emo and ska-punk getting a mention on these boards :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Myke
    I am trying:D
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Myke
    Meh, it does all the time but not many people reply! :)
  • Options
    emo rocks! at the drive-in and mineral are my fave emo bands. and finch are also pretty good although technically finch are a post-hardcore band. what about you guys, who are your fave emo bands?
  • Options
    hmm the starting line are pretty much one of my fav bands i love finch too but as you said they aren't emo exactly. Dashboard Confessional are class their songs are beautiful The Ataris for emo-punk and a friend told me to download a song by The Beautiful Mistake which is really gd:)
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Dashboard Confessional are class their songs are beautiful The Ataris for emo-punk and a friend told me to download a song by The Beautiful Mistake which is really gd:)
    xxx
    NO!
    Do not make me come after you.

Why don't people know anything about the artists they like? Argh!!!! :(
  • Options
    the starting line are pretty damn cool....
    the Ataris are one of my favourite bands......well one of them anyway...
    mmmm at the drive-in are(were) the best:D
  • Options
    i've met funeral for a friend ...they are cool guys

and Instruction are a pretty awesome band they just need to get more songs written but that will come with time =)

the bass player bought me a massive bottle of JD and we got wrecked =) running for the train was interesting that night
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    NO!
    Do not make me come after you.

Why don't people know anything about the artists they like? Argh!!!! :(

I never pretended to be an emo expert. instead of of typing NO! enlighten me?
    xxx
  • Options
    Dashboard Confessional is an artist not a band. In very recent weeks his website has started to refer to him as "they" for the simple reason that he has a permanent backing band now.
  • Options
    Dashboard Confessional is the lead singer from further seems forever, chris something or other, and his acoustic guitar. check out a song of his called "again i go unnoticed", its good but the way he says exhale is fucking hilarious :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Dashboard Confessional is an artist not a band. In very recent weeks his website has started to refer to him as "they" for the simple reason that he has a permanent backing band now.
    I've only become a fan very recently so thanks for the info:) you're a fan?
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    Dashboard Confessional is the lead singer from further seems forever, chris something or other
    Carraba :)

Girl_gunner - yes I've been a fan for about two years now. He played Leeds last year and I spent 24 hours deciding on who I should see - him or Less Than Jake. I went with Less Than Jake. Worst decision ever. They were excellent but I recently saw them again whereas I doubt I'll ever see Dashboard again. :(
  • Options
    carabba, cheers bumblebee, i knew it was something like that :D incidentally, he's one of the characters on Emo Game which can be found atwww.emogame.com :thumb:
  • Options
    Finch - what a band, i cannot wait until i see tham at leeds.... i had tickets to see them but i couldn't go coz i was ill so i gave them to my mate :( i was gutted.

The starting line - also a very good band BUT they don't even touch finch.. lol... sorry i love finch so much :)

Dashboard confessional - this bitter pill. what a song. has some really deep emotional songs. very good

The Ataris - cannot wait until leeds to see them either. wanted to see them for so long. cannot wait the concrete jungle stage... leeds how good will it be. :)

Less than jake - have some good songs but not really my thing bit too happy in places. some good songs. will watch them at leeds just for the experience if there is nobody else good on at the same time of course :)