Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fondest memories of being a kid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you remember most about being a kid, Im talking 7 to 12 ish?

Like holidays, special friends, what you used to do with your parents, how your parents treat you etc.

I cant remember that much apart from my parents making sure that on a Sunday after dinner we always went for a walk. We would walk miles, go to the beach, go shell collecting etc. They used to take us out for walks because money was tight, but as kids we used to love it.
They also would do things on impulse like one day we set of to go strawberry picking and ended up down South at out Aunties, no clothes and went to stay for the night and came home the next day lol.
We used to have fun, Mam would make chips for us and so we felt like we had gone to the chippy she used to put them in paper for us she had a way of trying to please us.

Ah them where the days :)

Comments

• Options
    7 - 12? That would be school :) I had my mates there and we were in a little group (4 people! :D) and we always hung out together and it was well cool. We went into the bushes at lunch and pretended it was a big city. Yah I'm childish but shush I :heart:'d it!
  • Options
    well, there was this nun ...
  • Options
    sonic the fucking hedgehog

and the care free days before girls. like bugger all to worry about.

brillaint.
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo
    sonic the fucking hedgehog

and the care free days before girls. like bugger all to worry about.

brillaint.

I had a girlfriend at 8. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I had a girlfriend at 8. :p

whats your point?

*breaths deeply and walks away counting to ten*
  • Options
    this thread aint fair. i have to go way back ...takes me ages. then i have to come all the way back again. ok for you lot you only have to go a short distance.
    anyway ...loosing my virginity to an older girl when i was nine in an old air raid shelter!
  • Options
    Hmm i live in a village and i guess i loved the fact all us youngsters were really close and all palyed together without a care in the world. we are still close.but now we have lots of cares in the world.
    xxx
  • Options
    Having nothing to worry about, going to school and coming home and doing whatever homework then going out to "play" :lol:

Having water fights was also another favourite
  • Options
    running round naked whilst screaming.

nowadays everyone else does the screaming.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

anyway ...loosing my virginity to an older girl when i was nine in an old air raid shelter!
    :crazyeyes :eek: :eek2: :crazyeyes :eek:
  • Options
    When we all used to play down our street (it was a cul-de-sac) and we'd all play on our bikes and make dens in the fields and woods... and we'd climb trees and play silly games. :)

I wanna be a kid again :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slayer_Pantera
    I wanna be a kid again :(

I'll join ya hun :)
  • Options
    when i was about 5 i would sit for hours in the sunshine watching the ANTS coming and going through the brickwork of my grans garden wall. realy. i was fascinated by ANTS.
  • Options
    Originally posted by octopus of doom
    running round naked whilst screaming.

nowadays everyone else does the screaming.

So you still run around naked then?? :p
  • Options
    I remember that I used to sneak out the living room window to get ice from the icecream van - it was soooo yummy - espacially the mixed one - half lemon and half normal icecream - Yum, Yum!!

I got caught in the end!!

By the way I always wondered ... what do Ice cream men do in winter??
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I
    By the way I always wondered ... what do Ice cream men do in winter??
    put the van away and get the hotdog stand out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    put the van away and get the hotdog stand out.

Oh yeah .. good thinking Batman ... It's a shame cos the hotdogs were get here are crap in a bun (Well I bet they are - I've never eaten one from a street seller - saw a TV investigation on them - they drop them on the floor - pick them up and brush them off - reheat yesterday's hotdog's, etc.)

When I was in Canada though - I couldn't get enough of theirs - 100% beef - 10 to 20 topping to choose from and cheap - like $1.50 to $2 max!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Oh yeah .. good thinking Batman ... It's a shame cos the hotdogs were get here are crap in a bun (Well I bet they are - I've never eaten one from a street seller - saw a TV investigation on them - they drop them on the floor - pick them up and brush them off - reheat yesterday's hotdog's, etc.)

When I was in Canada though - I couldn't get enough of theirs - 100% beef - 10 to 20 topping to choose from and cheap - like $1.50 to $2 max!!
    your right diamond they are serious crap! i have a mate in manchester who makes a very good living from ices and hot dogs. has a number of vehicles. can you believe they actualy have ice cream and hot dog wars in all major cities in the land. turf wars. it can get quite violent becuase it's big easy money.
  • Options
    i remember going out to play hide n seek with my older brother and sister & their friends. They used to make me a blacksheep coz i was too young to play properly. Now that i come to think of it, what was the point in playing??
    Anyways i also remember riding my bike down the hill at the top of my street with my friend on the back. We were goin down the middle of the road and i asked her to shout if there were any cars coming. She then shouts "There's a big white van coming!!" So I swerved the bike onto the pavement but scraped my hand off a wall while doin it, then crashed the bike. I still have the scar on my hand where i scraped it but at the time i didn't even feel it.

Ah to be a little kid again.....
  • Options
    You know what? I can't remember ANY of my child hood.. Well one or 2 things but thats about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    So you still run around naked then?? :p

well not since the court order....