Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how long?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hullo. i was just wondering how long it was before you had sex with your current bf/gf? with me and my bf it was like a week! :rolleyes: not that im complaining but normally im with some one a month or so before i have sex with them. :)

Comments

• Options
    With my ex it was about 3 days I think :rolleyes:
  • Options
    erm, was a year with my ex, and a month i think with my current.:)
  • Options
    9 months with my ex ...she was really shy and quite uptight ...god how i hate her now :P
  • Options
    I think my ex Becky might've been the longest at like 6 weeks or something :eek: but only cos we never had the chance cos people were always there...

I don't really do 'relationships' as a rule, but even the ones I come close to, I usually sleep with them straight away..lol..

Boys about town n all that ;)
  • Options
    with my ex it was 5 months exactly,but with my current boyfriend it was 3 weeks i think.
  • Options
    With my ex - 9 days into out 11th month.

She was "assulted" before me so we didn't do anything for atleast 6 months (yet she got into situations with guys and alcohol. Tsk) and then I made her wait.

Yes, I made HER wait. *Boogies*
  • Options
    With the last couple of ex'es, the first time I met them (though the last one I technicly met a few days before for a few minutes at my previous ex'es place.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    with my current boyfriend it took 3 weeks before we slept together, and with my ex it took about 2 hours :D

I don't like waiting a long time to have sex with someone I'm dating, because sex is a very important part of the relationship and if it isn't good then I won't want to stick around! And if I've got all attached to them then its hard to just leave.
    I know that sounds harsh, but if I'm not happy with that aspect of the relationship then I feel more inclined to cheat. (not something I want to do by the way:) )
  • Options
    Doesn't it depend on the meaning of the relationship?

If I felt it was something that would last, I'd make her wait and make it more special.

If it was a holiday thing, I'd wait a matter of minutes. Haha!

All this talk of sex makes me want hugs and kisses :(
  • Options
    With my current g/f - it was after 4 days we'd been together. Since the first date we'd seen each other every day for 2 months now and it's the best time i've ever had in my life!

P.S I love sex followed by hugs and kisses and a hot shower :-)
  • Options
    About 8 months :eek: not really for lack of wanting to beforehand, more a lack of communication and both expecting t'other to make the first move. It all seems a bit silly really as we were doing most of the other stuff not long after we met. But I suppose I'm quite glad we waited, as I knew him really well and loved him to bits when we did come to have sex, and this connection wouldn't have been there if we'd slept with each other straight away. Hmmmm.
  • Options
    About 5 weeks
  • Options
    Less than 24 hours...
  • Options
    well in my current relationship we have been together for about 2-3 weeks and we aint slept together yet, but she is a virgin so im not gonna pressure her into anything, my relationship before that i called off before anything sexual happened, the relationship before that was about 2-3 weeks and damn that was the most fansastic sex i have ever had with that lass!

and the relationship before that i was engaged to her before i slept with her, got engaged after 3 months slept together after 5 months.
  • Options
    The first guy I slept with I was with for about 3 months beforehand. Since then it has generally been between about 3 weeks to the same night I meet the guy!
  • Options
    6 months! That's partly because we were both virgins, and partly because it's a kind-of long-distance relationship so we don't see each other that often anyway.
  • Options
    9 months! It seems like a long time now I think back on it, but at the time we were both virgins and slowly getting to know each others bodies. I doubt if this relationship ended and i started a new one it'd be 9 months then.