Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

best place in the world

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
where is the best place in the world to visit?:chin:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well,what exactly would u want in this best place?

Usa, Amsterdam, Spain, Hawai...so many wonderful places.
  • Options
    australia :p

nah i'm not sure, haven't travelled much. But most my friends said italy rocked.
  • Options
    i agree with shogun2002, USA is a brilliant place, it is the source of most of the entertainment and stuff:D
  • Options
    maybe if you got rid of the president...........
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    maybe if you got rid of the president...........

Kill kill the monkey man
  • Options
    Canada
  • Options
    Paris
  • Options
    delaware...... yeah it is great.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Well,what exactly would u want in this best place?

Usa, Amsterdam, Spain, Hawai...so many wonderful places.

so many wonderful places and cultures! ay yes
  • Options
    Coral reefs of Austalia.
  • Options
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    Coral reefs of Austalia.

they all smoke dope thats why we wanna go there:p
  • Options
    In my entire lifetime i plan to try and visit most countries especially poverty stricten countries, to see their kind of lifestyle.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    In my entire lifetime i plan to try and visit most countries especially poverty stricten countries, to see their kind of lifestyle.

.... why bother. just watch the news other than spending a shit load of money on plane tickets:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lazybstard
    .... why bother. just watch the news other than spending a shit load of money on plane tickets:confused:

1:You dont even watch the news any lazybstard.
    2:First hand experience in the countries, its alot better than watching it,better to be there.
  • Options
    kenya - been and it WAS execellent.
    i know what you mean Shogun (sp?) about visiting poor and L.E.D.C's to experience first hand how people live their lifestyles. I visited the Maasai Mara tribal camp and it was very filthy and dirty but it is a experience i will never forget and its a great place in general.
  • Options
    I've been to Kenya many times - nice place - nice people - although you get to much hassle from beach boys trying to sell you stuff -really annoys you and spoils your holiday.

I went on a 3 week road trip on the USA West Coast and was disappointed - nothing like on TV - expected it to be a lot more exciting and it was pretty Dull and boring.

If I go again I want to go somewhere like Florida, or Maybe the deep South!!

Goa, in India is nice - good food, good weather - very cheap once you get there. Plus nice extras like cheap Medicines, Glasses, hand made clothing is very cheap (not from the beach).
  • Options
    Originally posted by lotey77
    they all smoke dope thats why we wanna go there:p

ahem? excuse me? care to explain :eek2:
  • Options
    I've not travelled too much, but I'd say Switzerland is gorgeous (if you're into scenery rather than experiences).

My favourite place would have to be China though. Beijing is fantastic - the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, it's all really beautiful and breathtaking. The restaurants and shops are all great too. I also got to experience poorer parts of Beijing on a rickshaw tour, which meant we could learn more about what life is like for people who live in the alleys (I forget the name) but there are long alleys, with doors that lead into courtyards which 3 or 4 families share as their garden. We got to see one of the houses too, it was really good. The people in China are also incredibly friendly and accomodating.

Another place I went to in China was a coastal town, Qingdao. This wasn't as busy as Beijing, and less suited to tourists from abroad, so us being white we got a lot of attention - we even got stopped in the street for people to take photos of us. One of the nicest parts of Qingdao is the promenade, which is incredibly clean and tidy, it's lit really nicely and there are speakers in the ground which play relaxing music - it's like nothing you'd get in this country. I never saw the beaches in Qingdao, but apparantly they're also really beautiful - there's one which brides usually go to after they get married to get their photos taken.

I went on a bit there :rolleyes: I usually do when I talk about China lol. Sorry!
  • Options
    my fav place so far was Portugal, i fuckin loved it there. 2 weeks was too short a time over there for me....
  • Options
    What was so good about Portugal? Im going there in 2 weeks for a week.
  • Options
    the nitelife in portugal was cla for two reasons:
    i) plenty of irish pubs
    ii) it wasnt too noisy and wasn't too dull, just rite!

Shogun ull enjoy it, have a good time!
  • Options
    ah yes, thanks seven i shall try.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    My favourite place would have to be China though.

Yah!!! yes, is really great one!! But also, if visiting china, don't just Beijing - beijing is beautiful, but it will like visiting england and only go to London. Did you visit wangfujing st in beijing? always great food there, also nice surrounding to enjoy it.

Qingdao also nice, and quite popular with tourist like beijing also. did visit the museum there? it's very interesting with good infos on the traditional (also info on opium war etc :o) Long way north of Beijing is Harbin, the Ice City. in the winter, the snow is fall, and there are big ice statue carve from ice every year. it is most beautiful to visit ^^

if get the chance, also visit Nanjing, as the name suggest, it is (unofficial) second capital of china. actually, was capital until a long time ago, but not talk abt that ;) Is very nice, and near Shanghai (is south china). in shanghai can visit huangpu river. shanghai is very modern city, and very advanced like hongkong, but less crowded. lot of modern business will having their HQ in SH.

If also here, get chance to visit Hongkong! the harbour, and peak are most wonderful place to visit. can get star ferry crossing across Kowloon/HK isnand for HKD$2. (20 UK pence).

My advice is to ignore all touristy thing (although visit if u don't before, u must see), becuase the less known place are always more interesting. Zhengzhou, is in south, industrial city, but there are lot of remote area near by and farmland to visit. You really cant visit china without this.

well, if any u need more info, can ask me, no problem! I will return to nanjing again in maybe 2 week to see my family there!

zaizai
  • Options
    You should try Krabi in Thailand. Phuket looks good too.

Only go to Bangkok if you want to catch std's and ladyboys.

Its got amazing beaches and waters if you like swimming and snorkelling.

I know at 18 i'm not really supposed to be taking these kind of holidays but it was brilliant, and you should go before tourists ruin it all.

Designer jeans and clothing are all under £4 bc of the strenght of the pound.
  • Options
    Italy....mmmmmmm