Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why is it a turn-off?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Girls, why do you find hairiness such a turn-off? It seems so weird. I mean, surely you'd be attracted to what is a definite indicator of a male body? Or not?

Comments

• Options
    its disgusting thats y
  • Options
    Originally posted by amirab
    its disgusting thats y

Hmmm.... maybe. But why? You girls seem to want us to be just like you! Is this part of the reason why slightly effeminate men are good at getting girls?
  • Options
    That's a damn good question Will. They only ever go "yuck" without saying why? There are girls out there who don't mind, or even like it, but they seem to be few and far between.
    It seems that if you've got a smooth chest (or very few hairs), then it's no problem, most girls will like it. However, if you're hairy chested, then very few girls actually like it.
    You should've made this thread a poll too.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Well, we girls have naturally hairy legs too. But we get rid of the hair. :p
  • Options
    going to have to take the ladies side on this one. What would you say if you stripped a birds trousers off only to find she looked like this:

PARENTAL ADVISORY

DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU

furburger.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Well, we girls have naturally hairy legs too. But we get rid of the hair. :p

yeah, i don't see why we have to de-hair ourselves when guys don't.
  • Options
    theres hairy and theres hairy...

hair is definately masculine, but i dont like a bloke with a really hairy chest and back etc. i dont like the chest thing because i think itd get really itchy when lying together etc!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    going to have to take the ladies side on this one. What would you say if you stripped a birds trousers off only to find she looked like this:

argh, it looks like an animals, like a cross between an echidna and a feret
  • Options
    Well there's nothing wrong with blokes having hairy legs. But hairy chest... ewww. Can't really explain why, though. Just... ewww.
  • Options
    i dont mind a hairy chest, I once went out with a bloke with a really hairy chest and he was lovely, and I liked his chest, my husband on the other hand has very little body hair and thats nice too. I think it depends on the person really. I must admit im not keen on hairy backs particularly though.
  • Options
    I don't mind a hairy*ish chest, makes 'em look rugged, hairy legs are yum, but if you have a hairy back, or knuckles, or..omg a 5 o'clock shadow bugger awrf.
  • Options
    A 5 O'Clock What????????? And Lads, Feel Any body hair you have, and imagine shagging it, get my point? Lads, if you are seriously hairy upper body, then get rid of it, the girls i know always say they prefer not hairy to hairy, and if one or two do like hairy, then i'm sure they will make do without, but girls who don't like hairy tend not to make do with it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Good Riddance
    A 5 O'Clock What?????????

When guys shave, but they still have a bluebeard..:yuck:
  • Options
    I like a slightly hairy chest. I really don't think I'd like the whole smooth thing going on..seems less rugged and more womanly.
  • Options
    Yeah, a slightly hairy chest is ok - my boyfriend has a few 'wisps' (for lack of a better description), and it's nice. Complete hairy-doormat-style chests are just yucky though :yuck: And backs. Ugh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Good Riddance
    A 5 O'Clock What????????? And Lads, Feel Any body hair you have, and imagine shagging it, get my point? Lads, if you are seriously hairy upper body, then get rid of it, the girls i know always say they prefer not hairy to hairy, and if one or two do like hairy, then i'm sure they will make do without, but girls who don't like hairy tend not to make do with it.
    noooo, If youve got a smooth chest thats great, but if youre naturally hairy dont shave it, Id be seriously turned off if a bloke shaved his chest, far too efemminate and far too vain if you ask me.
  • Options
    I am naturally hairy. Not "gorilla-hairy" but manly enough. I don't have a hairy back but my chest is ample and my legs have been likened to Robbie's :eek2:

I wouldn't shave my chest of legs or anything. It's enough hard work keeping my chin smooth and my head-hair short.
  • Options
    I like a man with a bit of hair on his chest.... but as has been said previously, back hair is a no-no :confused: I'm not sure why...

But a guy that is naturally hairy and shaves it, that doesn't turn me on... it's prickly :crazyeyes

I dunno... hair is just more..... virile :D

Just like rough hands are nicer... I don't mind if he feels a little rough laying against me, it's quite nice on my nipples ;)
  • Options
    me and my boyfriend disscuss this endlessly i get jokingly moaned at for being ''stubbly'' as i prefer to be complelety hairless neck downwards and its very high maintenance so not always ''sliky smooth'' but neways he is very hairy with a coating of chest hair n hairy legs which i dont have a problem with and hes even volernteered to shave his chest but i like it the way it is.he also trimms heehee how ever i HATE the hair at his shoulders on his back ewww!!!Think that will be shaven off soon by me its just not nice.

why are girls expected to be perfectly smooth all the time when guys think its acvceptable to have stubbley cheaks not to mention the rest.
  • Options
    mmm.. hairyness - i really like *defined* hairy men...

mmm... :rolleyes: gives some entertainment... like playing with it heh :naughty:
  • Options
    hairy legs can be a turn off as they make some girls feel itchy

hairy chest yum

hairy else where er a no go
  • Options
    Worse than crabs..
  • Options
    Wheres the attachment?
  • Options
    Hairy down below - No, for obvious reasons.
    Hairy back - Nope.
    Hairy chest - Nope.
    Last two just because I don't wanna rub against that there...
    Hairy legs - Yes, because smooth is girly. And I need to feel that masculine protection.
  • Options
    Hey man if they dont like you for what they are there not worth it.
  • Options
    noooo, If youve got a smooth chest thats great, but if youre naturally hairy dont shave it, Id be seriously turned off if a bloke shaved his chest, far too efemminate and far too vain if you ask me.

I wax my arms, legs, chest, back and other parts. I don't really like hair on my self tbh. I feel better without it any way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I don't mind a hairy*ish chest, makes 'em look rugged, hairy legs are yum, but if you have a hairy back, or knuckles, or..omg a 5 o'clock shadow bugger awrf.
    But hair on the back goes hand in hand with hairy chests. There's always more if the chest's hairy.
    With me it doesn't matter how I shave, but within hours I have the five O'Clock shadow back again. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i know a gay ( admits to being gay) who gets his arse professionaly waxed. However in our local waxing/ beauty salon they refused to do it, so he had to go further afield!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ice queen
    i know a gay ( admits to being gay) who gets his arse professionaly waxed. However in our local waxing/ beauty salon they refused to do it, so he had to go further afield!!!!!

That's crazy!

Decided I might compromise my masculinity and shave my back a little if a girl ever wants me to do it. And I keep my face clean-shaven anyway. But you're not getting me to shave my pubes! :p