Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

fucking scary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh my god, I got to college this morning and my mate kam gave me an envelope. It had her address on the front, was stamped, and possibly stamped by the post office too, although it didnt look like it (you know the black stamps saying where they've been posted from - there wasnt one on it, although there were faint black marks which could have been a rubbed off stamp).

Inside, it had a photograph and nothing else, it was a photograph taken with a camera that was lost on a night out. We had all (4 girls) gone to birmingham for Lianne's birthday, and lost the camera by the time we got back on the train in the morning. We called the hotel thinking we had left it there, sure we had left it there, but they were very unhelpful and said they'd call if it was found but never did. Anyway...

when we signed into the hotel (under Kams name and address) she put the right address, but the wrong house number, so she didnt get loads of shit through her door like we usually do when we stay at hotels (promotional stuff). So there was no way someone at the hotel could have found it and sent the photos back to kam, cuz they wouldnt have arrived at her house anyway.

But there was only one photo. It was of Kam, Lianne and Clare, I wasnt on it. I must have taken it, although there were photos taken on the camera of all four of us, so its strange how they chose to send a picture that i wasnt on.

Someone must have found the camera, or stolen it, got it developed and somehow found out where Kam lived, and sent it to her. It wasnt someone with a good intention of returning the photos as only one was returned, and we dont know how this person found out where kam lived. They couldnt have got the address from the hotel, as we wrote down the wrong one.

The other thing is, that it wasnt even kams camera, it was liannes, so why this person sent it to kam i dont know. We cant tell where it has been sent from as the stamp on the front has either never been there, or rubbed off somehow.

But to be deadly honest, its really scared me. And I want to know why they didnt choose a picture with all of us. Kam is quite scared that we're all going to get sent them, or if not she's pretty sure she's going to get another. Whatever it is its fucking weird... any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    It sounds a little fake....

I mean, how they got the address and such is unbelieveable!

However, it is quite possible - maybe a guy she gave her address to found it or it's a mate of yours?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Xila
    It sounds a little fake....

It sounds a little 'Jonathan Creek.'
    Which means there's probably a very obscure and ultimately dissapointing solution to the whole thing.

Sure she's not taking the piss? If there was no post mark...?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    (you know the black stamps saying where they've been posted from - there wasnt one on it, although there were faint black marks which could have been a rubbed off stamp).

A full postmark is needed. Sounds like a little prank to me, the black marks on the stamp suggest it was taken from some stamp already used, but on a different envelope.

I could be proven wrong...
  • Options
    no she wouldnt take this piss about it all. It looks as if there was a post mark on it, just you cant make it out.

She does know people in birmingham, she used to go to University there, but we didnt meet with anyone she knew, and if it was someone she knew they would have told her about it.

Xila; i hope you're not trying to suggest i made this up!! so much shit has happened at college this year with phone threats and written threats (using newspaper clippings and shit), and 5 people were expelled, 6 leaving in total, and Kam and I were the people, along with Lianne, that these phone calls were aimed at, and the letter was aimed at myself. Im pretty sure its not the same people, they have no connection with birmingham as far as i know, but i want to know who sent this photo and how they got the address. There was nothing else with it, no letter or anything. If nothing else gets delivered in the next few days Im going to call the hotle back to exnquire again. If something else comes through we'll probably end up calling in the police depedning on the nature of the other deliveries, because if it has got something to do with what happened at college at the beginning of the year, when the police were involved, the police need to be involved again, for legal reasons more than anything. Im not being sent loads of threats and shit again.
  • Options
    fuckin hell

keep us posted...

noone gonna get that joke are they

anyway, make sure we're updated!
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    A full postmark is needed. Sounds like a little prank to me, the black marks on the stamp suggest it was taken from some stamp already used, but on a different envelope.

I could be proven wrong...

the thing is it was actually handed to her father by the postman with the other mail. He left the house in the morning as the post man was coming up to it and he took the post. it wasnt like someone popped it through the door or anything. thats what makes it even stranger
  • Options
    Oh I didn't mean you are lying, I meant that perhaps it was a joke.

I can't get my meaning across very well:( Sorry!

But...it's spooky. Very spooky. Feel free to hide at my house;)
  • Options
    oh ok then, i'll forgive you!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    oh ok then, i'll forgive you!!

*Hug and kiss*

What I would like to know is; why is it you lot? Are you all super sexy/popular or something?
  • Options
    lol - yes, we are all super sexy!!

erm... I dont know really, maybe because someone found our camera and didnt find anyone elses??!

i honestly couldnt tell you. Im quite freaked out by the whole thing, mainly because of all the threats that have happened earlier in the year, and because i have my daughter to think of aswell, and I dont want anything else to go fuck up because a)i need to know she's safe all the time b) i dont want to be stressing hence neglecting her.

Thing is we had a really good night until we realised in the morning the camera had gone missing. But this was back in febuary. Lianne's b'day was on the 10th, and we went out the saturday before. It was months ago, but right after all this shit had just gone off at college. I dont know, i really dont, but i dont half want to. And whoever it is must be fucking screwed in the head - there was no explanation or anything, its sick. but i'll keep you posted.