Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

short skirts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you see well short skirts as just another advertisement of

I'M AVAILABLE

Comments

• Options
    it all depends on the way you present as a person....body language is the key!
  • Options
    It depends how short the skirt is. If you go out wearing a skirt that barely covers your arse than yes, in my opinion you are sending out 'look at me, i'm available.' signals to other people. Thankfully most people have more self respect than that. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hmmm, can't really say.. I've never had to wear one.

Do you lads think that a girl might be more easy if she's in a short skirt?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Hmmm, can't really say.. I've never had to wear one.

Do you lads think that a girl might be more easy if she's in a short skirt?

Hmmm.... not necessarily. I wouldn't judge a girl on that, I'd judge her more by the way she behaves.
  • Options
    Short skirts do send out the signal saying "I'm available". It's showing of your body, and your sexuality, and that you're flirty, and want to be approached. Don't any of you girls give me any bullshit about how you're dressing for yourselves!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I don't know, I don't think a short skirt always means 'I'm available'. But I suppose only the girls can really answer the question. I don't wear them myself, because I'm a bloke!
  • Options
    depends how short but i find it slutty and unattractive usually cause neds wear them eheh
  • Options
    Re: short skirts
    Originally posted by molo

I'M AVAILABLE

Short skirts don't mean anything .. but I wish women would come up with a signalling method - would save a lot of time. They wear rings ontheir left hand to tell you they are married or engaged, so how about a ring on their right hand to say something about their availability??
  • Options
    I never wear them to say I'm available..I wear them to show off my pins :D And my boots which are just the sex.
  • Options
    NO i do not!
    I don't wear them to say 'hey, i'm avaliable'. I wear em cos it's hot, or cos i think it's cool. i can see how people could think that tho!
  • Options
    Depends what kind of short skirt.
    Yeah there are always gonna be the slutty girls you see out on a Friday night in town with a low-cut top and tacky short as possible skirts who do give the impression they're out on the pull.
    Some short skirts can look nice though and wouldn't give out that impression at all. I think mini-skirts and nice shoes/boots can look stylish rather than slutty. I like the whole 60's/70's mini-skirt thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pink Soda
    I think mini-skirts and nice shoes/boots can look stylish rather than slutty. I like the whole 60's/70's mini-skirt thing.

That's what I wear!

I'm soooo chic! *flicks hair*
  • Options
    I don't really think it says they're available but is definately asking for men to look at them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Short skirts do send out the signal saying "I'm available". It's showing of your body, and your sexuality, and that you're flirty, and want to be approached. Don't any of you girls give me any bullshit about how you're dressing for yourselves!

How about dressing for our boyfriends? Some of us like to look sexy even if we're taken, because we want to look sexy for our boyfriends!

You don't have to be frumpy and prudish the minute you find someone :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: short skirts
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Short skirts don't mean anything .. but I wish women would come up with a signalling method - would save a lot of time. They wear rings ontheir left hand to tell you they are married or engaged, so how about a ring on their right hand to say something about their availability??

Hehe my friend and I were talking about this the other day! We're going on holiday together in a couple of weeks, along with lots of other girls. It's quite a notorious area, like an 18-30s place, and a fair amount of the girls with us are going to be up for pulling anyone and everyone there! But my two best friends and I are all taken, and we were discussing the other day how you're supposed to make it obvious that you're not available, without skulking in the corner and looking like a wallflower! We may have to buy fake engagement rings... or t-shirts saying 'I will dance with you but I have a boyfriend so don't even think about trying anything'.
  • Options
    I wear skirts to go out clubbing in because a) they're more comfortable in a hot club and b) because i think skirts look smarter sometimes than trousers.

The only people i think look like tarts in skirts are Jordan and that page 3 girl Jodi.
  • Options
    well it don't matter anymore cus she is now available due to dodgy emails and mates who are lookin out for me
  • Options
    Oh dear molo - sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Re: short skirts
    Originally posted by molo

I'M AVAILABLE

dont think so.......
  • Options
    No way! i wear short skirts and im not avaliable. if im out to pull some one i act in a certain way not wear short skirts.
  • Options
    Yes and no - it depends on what the girl looks like herself
  • Options
    To me, girls who go out wearing the little mini skirts like they have out in the shops now, whatever they like to think, are going to get attention, and they are sending out huge sexual signals, and are asking for certain attention and shouldn't expect anything else. I don't wear them and never have for that reason. That's my view :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Short skirts do send out the signal saying "I'm available". It's showing of your body, and your sexuality, and that you're flirty, and want to be approached.

I knew one day Id be here telling Mr Wobble "you are just sooooo wrong " :D

If I were a short skirt its for me and if Im with my hubby (which normally i would be) how is it saying "im available"?

Lots of people were short skirts, some cant even be classed as skirts more like belts. If I had a short skirt and I approached you and started chatting to you then yes Id agree its saying "im available" but you cant tell me everyone who wears short skirts are saying "Im free, come and get me".................come on Mr wobble :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: short skirts
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Hehe my friend and I were talking about this the other day! We're going on holiday together in a couple of weeks, along with lots of other girls. It's quite a notorious area, like an 18-30s place, and a fair amount of the girls with us are going to be up for pulling anyone and everyone there! But my two best friends and I are all taken, and we were discussing the other day how you're supposed to make it obvious that you're not available, without skulking in the corner and looking like a wallflower! We may have to buy fake engagement rings... or t-shirts saying 'I will dance with you but I have a boyfriend so don't even think about trying anything'.

The T-Shirt idea sounds good - you can print your own with an ink jet printer - just need the special iron on paper.

I'd write something for your friends onthe pull like "I'm Free" and you could say "I'm not but my friend is!!" - guys may then just come up to chat and ask about your friend without trying to hit on you.
  • Options
    It's not about saying 'Im available' - it's just about a girl going out in the town wanting a bit of attention from the guys or whatever gender you're after and feeling sexy for your self-esteem.

Again what everyone else is seeing when it comes to wanting a bit of action, it's all to do with the body language and how you approach others. :D
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    mmmm, short skirts :naughty: a truly wonderufll invention.

think i agree with most of what the women are saying :eek:. if a girl wears a short skirt then they're just flouting their sexuality, not a 'i'm free n easy' sign.
    we were discussing the other day how you're supposed to make it obvious that you're not available

i while ago one bank brought out badges to market a new idea of their's. one was 'im available' :lol:
  • Options
    Ahh, I wore the shortest skirt on Thursday. And all I got all night was people telling me how short my skirt was and being perrrrvy. And looking up it. :| Hehe. Thugh I think people could see my ass when I was walking up the stairs. :/ Poor things.
  • Options
    A short skirt is nothing compared to girls in fuck-me-boots!

:naughty:
  • Options
    Ooooh yeah!

Fuck me boots! Well I'd love to see em!

:naughty:
  • Options
    Short skirts are the best thing, girls can't wear anything sexyer..

They only look slutish if the girls got low cut top and piles of make up on..