Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay so i'm going out on the weekend and my nails are really shocking this week. I'm not usually a biter but i've been kinda stressed so yeah, i took it out on my nails :(

I was just wondering what you all thought were quality fake nail brands, or if there are none.
I mean i'm trying to decide whether to get them done by a pro or buy the do-it-yourself packs.

all comments appreciated.

ooh also, do you people wear fake nails?

EDITED - cos i made no sense

Comments

• Options
    yeah i wear fake nails sometimes...

usually i just by stoopid pairs from claires accessories cause they are only like £2.50 thats like if im wearing them for only one night

other than that boots do alot of nice nails for around £15 which last for a little while longer

or you can go full steam and pay £40ish pound for nail extensions - which ive also had and i didnt like them - they looked too un-natural i thought...

my nails are looking bad at the mo too :(
  • Options
    I wear fak.... shit, wrong messageboard :eek:
  • Options
    wanna finish that sentance ? :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    wanna finish that sentance ? :lol:

*said too much already*
  • Options
    :lol: *chuckles* :lol:

why do i believe that you would heh :p
  • Options
    I don't wear fake nails, mine are REALLY strong so i don't bite them... i cut them a couple of days ago, cos they were actually talons, it was... getting not nice :)

If you do go to a nail salon, be careful where you go, cos some aren't trained properly and they can do really horrible things to your real nails and your fingers cos of the chemicals. Otherwise, yeah, Boots nails are quite good, i've heard.
  • Options
    I cant remember the brand name but they sell em at superdrugs, that may sound vague...but it the biggest range they have there and they look really real ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pie
    yeah i wear fake nails sometimes...

or you can go full steam and pay £40ish pound for nail extensions - which ive also had and i didnt like them - they looked too un-natural i thought...

:eek: What?! 40 quid?! When i had nail extentions done they only cost £20 and they looked fab. £40 to have some nail extentions is extortion!

Rant over :)