Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bangkok

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone ever been ?

I am thinking on going in september on my way to Oz, I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences or advice to offer ?

:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    MykeMyke Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    How long would you be stopping over for? Because there is so, so, so much more to Thailand than just Bangkok. I only planned on staying in Thailand for a couple of weeks and ended up staying for 7.

Personally, I'd get out of the city after a few days and head off to the north or down to the islands.

Don't get me wrong, Bangkok is a fantastic, interesting city but the heat, pollution and crowds combined can form a lethal, exhausting combination.

Another thing, it's great for topping up on cheap clothes for the rest of your trip

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think we are looking at 2 weeks at the mo. The main thing is austraila, the flight we are looking at stops at Bangkok so we thought we would stay for a few weeks. To be honest I have never done anything like this before and its all a bit confusing.
  • Options
    MykeMyke Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    My advice is to read as much as you can about where you are going. The more you know/prepare yourself the less of a culture shock it may be.

Get yourself a Lonely Planet, Footprints or Rough guide to Thailand and Australia and read up on all the essentials. One of the more important ones for Thailand would be to make sure you are up to date with or need any vaccinations.

You will meet lots of likeminded people that will all be in the same boat as you, so it's not as intimidating as it my seem once you are out there.