Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Horoscopes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone seriously read theirs and take advice from it?

I read mine when I remember, but I usually can't even figure out what they're going on about.

Comments

• Options
    Nope. It's usually a load of old pants. A girl i was seeing very briefly was well into them and it bored the hell out of me and none of it was relevant!
  • Options
    I read them in the Metro paper....they're dead short and usually a pile of crap but it wastes 5 minutes of the day reading them for everyone in the office
  • Options
    I do read em but dont take much notice of what they say.

Its weird thou sometimes when they mention things that really are goin on in your life, but i just put it down to coinsidence cuz at the end of the day whatever they mention in them is gonna relate to someone in one way or another isnt it????:rolleyes:

On a sunday morning i read about 5 horoscopes in the free magazines out the sunday papers.
  • Options
    We do, or used to while we were still at college... Some one bought the express every day and we would read them at lunchtime. And laught at how they are all the same or so ambiguous that it could be applied to any situation!

AT one point we were going to try and live according to our horroscopes like that comedian person did, but that idea quickly died once we realised what it might involve!
  • Options
    i read it in the newspaper because sometimes the back of the cereal box gets boring

and one time i bought this neon yellow pair of underwear that had cancer and the sign written on it :D
  • Options
    Nah, don't beleive in it.
  • Options
    Re: Horoscopes
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Does anyone seriously read theirs and take advice from it?

I read mine when I remember, but I usually can't even figure out what they're going on about.

I used to read them and sometimes they made sense but just can't be bothered reading them anymore.
    :yeees:
  • Options
    anyone whos into horoscopes!! whats the characteristics of a Cancerian?
  • Options
    In all the time wasting quiz type things I've ever done, I come across as a 'typical' Libran.
    What, please explain to me, is the defenition of 'typical' for a group of people who for the main part only have in common the fact that they were born when some far away lights were visible in the night sky??
    That said, horoscopes are quite fun, particularly if there's more than one person with the same one - in college with me a couple of people argue over 'taking turns' to have the good/bad bits (sad, but true!)
  • Options
    I used to read mine... but then those 3 mini-sentences all of the sudden turned into such a big waste of time so I stopped. I can however enjoy reading about the signs when it's in books (chinese and ours) but I don't believe in it though. It's just for fun. =)
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    when i read a paper, i usually read my horoscope.. and always find a way to make it fit in with what's going on around me :p but i think that's how it's meant to work.. you find a way to make it fit... no matter how random it is :p

i don't really think it's real...
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    anyone whos into horoscopes!! whats the characteristics of a Cancerian?

Here try this and let us know how accurate it is!!

http://www.sajilo.com/horoscope/women/cancerwomen.htm

PHYSICAL OUTLOOK:
    You have an oval to round face. The upper body is large and the limbs are slender.

However , some of you have a tendency to overeat - leading to a prominent abdomen by the early middle age.
    Cancerian women have generally nice teeth and their eyes tend to be watery at times.The hair are normally brown and skin - somewhat pale.
    More often than not,females born this in this particular zodiac sign are not very tall.

MENTAL ATTITUDE:

You have a strong mental ability to carry the masses with you. Cancerian women are good orators and can prove to be excellent teachers, preachers and public speakers. They also possess a good memory.
    A deeper understanding of emotions and interest in poetry are common amongst Cancerian women as they are a very emotional person themselves and tend to write poetry at some stage of their life.

GENERAL NATURE:

You have a very varied nature, being very timid some times and quite courageous at other . It is also not very easy to judge you or make definitive comments about your personality in one go.
    Cancerrian women are sympathetic ,to the extent of being over sensitive. As a result they get irritated easily.On the positive side you also have some magnetic qualities that help you have increased charisma and greator degree of fame.
    Your lord moon also gives you a keen sense of art and writing . Though it sounds quite funny , some of you can also develop psychic powers more easily than your counterparts of other signs.
    Anger and mushy feelings come to you as quickly but they also make a quick departure as well. This particular trait can make you look very strange or even queer types to the people around you.

HEALTH:
    You keep fragile to moderately good health until youth but the constitution becomes stronger as the age advances.
    The chest and stomach are two weak areas. The possible diseases are TB, asthma,gastric disturbances and weak digestion. Some of the other diseases that might trouble you are over indulgence in alcoholic drinks, excessive eating and some kind of a fear complex.

MONEY:
    Very few Cancer born natives accumulate wealth in their early years. Being quite easy with thier finances, they spend a lot on travelling and to an extent in also showing off their wealth.
    But as you reach middle age you understand the virtues of saving and then you tend to save and invest quite seriously . That leads to a comfortable later life.

ROMANCE & SEX LIFE:
    Cancerian women are romantic and passionate by nature . They are very sincere and devoted in thier relationship with the opposite sex but are seldom understood correctly or get an equal reciprocal sincerity.
    Your ideas of love and romance come straight from the story book and you have very great expectations from your partner.
    The area around the naval cavity is the hotspot from you.

MARRIAGE:
    For you the home is of a great consequence and family life will be very important to you. You will tend to marry early because you prefer settled life and children.
    You are sincere in marriage and devoted to the family but sometimes you tend to be overly critical and dissatisfied. This leads to an innecessary increase in your tensions.

CAUTION:
    Daydreaming and one-sided relationships (where one wants to take most willingly and give hesitantly) - are the peculiar problems faced by the cancer born people. You should try to correct this and also reduce the quick variations of your moods.

LUCKY DAYS, NUMBERS & COLORS:
    Lucky days are Monday & Sunday.
    Lucky color is hite, Cream, Red and Yellow.
    Lucky numbers are2,7 and 9.

RECOMMENDED GEMSTONES:
    Pearl and Ruby are the recommended gemstones for you. The Gem should be of vibrant Aura and should never have been used before.The weight of the Gem will be decided as per your age and body weight.

;)
  • Options
    Fuck me......! the only thing not accurate was the marriage bit! :eek: :eek: ive had TB...I pig out on food...I have a round/ovel face..I have chest problems...I drink too much..I have pale skin...im always the public speaker when it comes to it...sometimes im shy...sometime I couldnt give a fuck...the list goes on and on.....the only thing is marriage...I used to be like that until an ex really fucked my head up and totally turned my view around...I swear it was like reading about myself...my own personality:eek2: Diamond im shocked!
  • Options
    Fuck me......! the only thing not accurate was the marriage bit! :eek: :eek: ive had TB...I pig out on food...I have a round/ovel face..I have chest problems...I drink too much..I have pale skin...im always the public speaker when it comes to it...sometimes im shy...sometime I couldnt give a fuck...the list goes on and on.....the only thing is marriage...I used to be like that until an ex really fucked my head up and totally turned my view around...I swear it was like reading about myself...my own personality:eek2: Diamond im shocked!

Ps im always having chest problems...like bronchitis etc and stomach upsets..ive had food poisening countless times and gastrointeritis (sp?):shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    The area around the naval cavity is the hotspot from you.
    I swear it was like reading about myself

*licks Vics belly button* :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
  • Options
    Ps im always having chest problems...like bronchitis etc and stomach upsets..ive had food poisening countless times and gastrointeritis (sp?):shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Do you still have your tonsils?

I used to have chest problems all the time including Brochitis - then had those pesky tonsils whipped out and have been so much better ever since!!
  • Options
    My doc advised me about a month ago to have them out...im always getting tonsillitis!
  • Options
    "Of all the signs, Libra has the maximum share of beautiful women. You are tall with a proportional body. Your limbs are slender but strong. You are attractive, graceful and courteous."

yeah BABY! :D

"Either you are a sincere lover who will marry the same guy whom you have liked too or your parents might have chosen. Or you are fun loving changeable lover-who will try to trap every male that suits your eye. As it is very difficult for males to resist you, you may have number of short affairs."

Where are they? Or am I having a break right now?!
  • Options
    I like to believe them if they say something goods gunna happen... not if it says something bad will happen :p

Im sort of into it, im aries ~ and myself and all my friends say im the typical arien, my sster is typical gemini so sometimes i cant help thinking theres truth in that...

But the prediction thing, most of the time is a bit toooo far fetched for even me! mind you, i do have my flakey days...
  • Options
    Awww Scorpio's the only one not on there - what does that say about me?
  • Options
    My doc advised me about a month ago to have them out...im always getting tonsillitis!

My advice from personal experience is to get those little suckers whipped out - you get to eat loats of ice cream afterwards (ecept hospital ice cream back then sucked!!!)

They get infected - then infect the rest of your chest and throat area - and it's like a never ending cycle. You should look into it as a waiting list may take ages to get on to.
  • Options
    Astrology is a lot more complicated than what sign your sun is in, so don`t be too surprised if you`re not a typical whatever.
  • Options
    Where did it all start?

In which country where these 12 signs of the zodic invented?

It seems to universal now - The where showing a trvael programme on Brazil I think or somewhere around there and they said people ask , Hello, What's you Name? and then What's your star sign? All the time - it's like a really big thing over there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Where did it all start?

In which country where these 12 signs of the zodic invented?

Well, they`re not just signs, they`re constellations, so they weren`t invented as such. The origins of astrology lie in ancient Mesopotamia (roughly modern day Iraq) and the first zodiac was used there some time between around 630 to 450 B.C.

It wasn`t exactly the same as the Western zodiac although some of it was the same. There are other zodiacs which are used today.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I sometimes have a look. If you can take advice from a freind then why not a horroscope?

But I don't trust those ones that give you a reading and underneath it give a premium rate phone number to call for advise.