Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Lottery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many people do the lottery and how many people have actually won something on it?

I personally dont do the lotto but my parents do sometimes,very rare but i am going to start doing in, everyone has the same chance as everyone else,so why not.

Comments

• Options
    I don't bother - I just don't have the money to spend £1 regularly in the vain hopes of winning millions - it'll probably never happen.

My parents used to, but don't bother any more.

Much better bet to try to find a rich man to marry :D ...any offers? :flirt: hehehe
  • Options
    Good point... where do the profits go? They're usually to charities or other good causes, aren't they? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Good point... where do the profits go? They're usually to charities or other good causes, aren't they? :confused:

Whenever I used to watch the lottery programme (many moons ago) they always seemed to be giving money to brass bands. :yeees:

I don't bother, my parents do.
  • Options
    I think i've only ever done it once. It's a rip off i think.
  • Options
    I do it for every draw - usually play about 4 to 8 weeks in adavnce.

Never matched more then 3 numbers though and won £10.

Probably won £10 prize maybe 10 to 15 times since it started - much less then what I've spent I'm sure.

Did buy a month train ticket once and save £1 over weekly equivelent so bought a scratch card withthe money and won £40!!

Thing I hate about the lottery is I think they spend the proceeds on stupid things like Opera houses and Giant Tents in Greenwish when it could do so much good
  • Options
    Played once. Can't be arsed, lol
  • Options
    there is more chance of you being struck by lightening then to win the jackpot in the lotto
  • Options
    We bought 30 lines on our work syndicate, we won 20 quid :rolleyes:
  • Options
  • Options
    i dont play the actual lottery cause again i dont agree on the proceeds,but we have a little family thing and we cross off the numbers every week and when someones got em all they win,its 300quid atm and i need 2 numbers!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    i dont play the actual lottery cause again i dont agree on the proceeds,but we have a little family thing and we cross off the numbers every week and when someones got em all they win,its 300quid atm and i need 2 numbers!

ooh! that's good...:chin:

i hate the lotto. purely because i have to deal with everyone wanting to do it every wednesday and staurday in work. and now they've got three different games at the same time!! :banghead: frustratioooon!