Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Prince Will

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many people here htink they could be a really good friend to Prince William, one who isn't trying to get somewhere by being his friend, someone who can show him 'real' life?

I guess it must be hard to realise one day that you are not 'normal' and no-one is ever going to treat you normally and you can either accept it and get loads of criticism for being part of a family that does very little for a great deal of cash or reject it but continue to get hounded for being the one who threw it all away!

one thing I don't understand...why is he a 'lover of the countryside' yet he likes to shoot poor defenceless animals!!

Comments

• Options
    Did you just watch the TV programme on him?

I loved the bit where the guy said he's was with will in south America on a volunteer thing - being all normal and on the very last night they have a party and end it by playing God save the queen and everyone turns to Will and he gringes!! :D

I reckon I could have been a good friend to Diana!!

Apparently she used to go to Paul Burrell's place, hang out and also do the washing up!!! It's funny cos most Women want all the best things in life that money can buy - but many women like Diana who have all those things would probably give it all up for the simplier things in life that everyday people can do like shop in Tesco, bring up your kids without cameras clicking after you, etc.

If Will was my friend in some ways I think I'd probably be a bit hard on him to humble him a bit cos in the end he's going to have people waiting on him hand and foot, so the more he learns about how tough life can be now the better.
  • Options
    Re: Prince Will
    Originally posted by byny

one thing I don't understand...why is he a 'lover of the countryside' yet he likes to shoot poor defenceless animals!!

He has been brought up with it from a young age, to him I suppose thats all he knows?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Prince Will
    Originally posted by byny

I don't want to turn this into a hunting thread but... :D

...the people who shoot these 'poor defenceless animals' are those who own, run and know about it. They are the ones who maintain and manage the countryside, not the people in towns and city's. It makes me laugh when people think they understand about the countryside when they blatently don't. :lol:

These species anrn't in any danger, but they might be if you banned shooting - along with the estates they live on, and the jobs which these animals create. :rolleyes: These people put far more care into managing the countryside and the animals than you ever will and they know what they're doing - let them get on with it.

I love the countryside - including the animals a shoot and eat.
    Weekender Offender