Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Alarm Clock

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's that time of year again. The point where my body has grown so used to my current alarm clock (which is actually the alarm on my fone) that it ignores it when it goes off. My Mum came into my room at a quarter to 10 this morning, and just said "So I take it you aren't going into work today." I had fifteen minutes to get washed dressed and into work (drive to work takes 10 mins at the speed limit, i made it in 4 :crazyeyes )

So can anyone recommend a good alarm clock? Or tell me where i can buy one of those ones that feature in so many cartoons, with the bells on either side of a hammer, that wakes the whole neighbourhood up?

Comments

• Options
    A dog, locked in your bedroom dying for a piss...
  • Options
    BT Operate in UK. I live in Gibraltar, so idea number one out the window.
    The story about putting your alarm clock in different parts of the room helping you to wake up, is just a story, and doesnt actually work :(
    MP3s would be a good idea, but if my mum is lying in, due to shift work, i doubt Black Sabbath at 100 decibles at 8:30am would be much appreciated.

I would love one of those hammery belly type clock doodars :D
  • Options
    Check out the E-Clock. You can download any sound file onto it or even record something yourself with the inbuilt microphone.

I know you used to get them from The Gadget Shop but according to the website they are sold out. Happy hunting.
  • Options
    you could try a projection clock! they dont beep very loud but you can see the time on your wall all through the night:D ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    BT do a wake up call service lol but you pay for that

I think if you already have two extra services from BT such as call waiting and caller ID you can get a third for free like the wake up alarm.

Be care of very cheap makes of alarms clocks - I bought a BUSH alarm clock at uni and it used to gain 10 minutes every day - but the end of the week I was getting up 1 hour earlier then atthe start of the week!! :D

I know have an expensive sony clock radio with two alarms - first is the radio and 2nd is a very loud siren sound.

But most mobile have alarms and some TV's also have them.

I find it's much harder to wake up in Winter cos it's dark and freezing and you just wanna say in your nicer warm bed!!

Oh .. setting the heating also helps me wake up in winter - easier to wake up to a nice warm room then a cold one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Oh .. setting the heating also helps me wake up in winter - easier to wake up to a nice warm room then a cold one.

you could try setting the heating on during the summer so it gets so hot in bed youve got now choice that to get up! :D:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    or just get into a routine and let your body be your clock ;)

My problem. The bitch is you can't switch it off and wakes you up at the weekends and on hols. :mad:
  • Options
    i have an xbox, i got bored of it
    but midnight club II and Gotham Racing 2 are out soon :)