Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

colouring hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my hair is naturally dark brown... about a 3/4 year ago i dyed it a lighter brown with a kind of redish-in-the-light tint to it... this colour is now growing out.

i was wondering if i dyed back over it with a similar colour, whether the already dyed bit would become lighter than the dark brown roots?

also since im talking about hair, has anyone had their hair cut at toni and guy? if so, how much did it cost (ave. for a cut) and was it worth it?

thanks guys:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Toni and Guy is around £40 but make sure you tell them exactly what you want and don't let them do their own thing, I've never been happy with a cut there (But I have been back time and time again!!!)
    Originally posted by byny
    Toni and Guy is around £40 but make sure you tell them exactly what you want and don't let them do their own thing, I've never been happy with a cut there (But I have been back time and time again!!!)

thats quite alot, but then i fancy treating myself:) also i get 15% off because im a student...

ive never been happy with hair dressers:(, my hair is curly so its really difficult to jugde what its going to look like once it dries!(since it gets shorter)
    Originally posted by giggles3
    Yer iv got curly hair, its a pain. Tho my hairdresser also has curly hair, so she seems to cut it quite nice.

Why dont u get the growing out colour stripped off, then re-dye it all???

what do you mean by stripped off? cut off? its grown out to just above my ears, really not noticable at all, only in the light...:)
    Re: colouring hair...
    Originally posted by clara
    my hair is naturally dark brown... about a 3/4 year ago i dyed it a lighter brown with a kind of redish-in-the-light tint to it... this colour is now growing out.

i was wondering if i dyed back over it with a similar colour, whether the already dyed bit would become lighter than the dark brown roots?

it will turn out lighter at the bottom *looks at her own hair in the mirror (isnt that bad!)* so i would suggest doing what giggles said

a hair colouring thread.. somewhere i can shine!! hehe :rolleyes:
    Re: colouring hair...
    Originally posted by clara

Yep if you dyed it, the roots would go the colour of the dye and the already dyed bits would go lighter.

You could put a pre lightener on it, it'd strip all colour off then you put a hair dye on top. Upto you!
    thanks guys:)

all this talk of 'stripping' my hair makes it sound like its going end up really dry and crappy...!

not sure what ill do, probably go to the hair dressers and ask them-i dont trust myself with chemicals on my hair! :D
    im getting the bleached/pink bits in my hair dyed back to brown tomorow cos they went so strawlike, i wouldnt advise bleaching/pre lightening really dark hair (like mine)

if the colour you put on your hairs the same as the one yo dyed it too it'll probably come out more on the lighter bits as they'll already have faded (if that makes sense)
    I have had my hair colour 'stripped' although they call it 'colour cleansing' so it sounds nicer. I would only get that done if it really needs it - it's good but it does make your hair very dry and mine went orange before they put the other dye on! I only had it done because I had 4 or 5 bands of colour running through my hair though - yours doesn't sound like it's that drastic. I don't think the already dyed bit will go darker than your roots. They'll probably leave the colour on your roots for longer anyway. Just ask the hairdresser, best thing to do!