Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

V festival

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,723 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
me and hubby are going to V this year but only on the sunday as all weekend tickets got booked up ages ago. Im really looking forward to it, but havent been to a proper big festival as an adult before so I was wondering, what sort of time do these things start. Will I have to get there first thing in the morning? midday? afternoon? and what sort of time do they go on till, as i have to sort out childcare for my littlun. If the worst comes to the worst i might have to take him with me. Do lots of people take children to these things? hes 2 and a half, would it be unsuitable do you think?
Any tips from seasoned crusty festival goers much appreciated.:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    v

i can' really say much about v because this year will be my first time at v but at glastonbury it's totally fine and safe to bring along a child. I'm guessing things will start about 11am and last band wil probably finish about 12 i think
    even though it's a bit vague i hope it gives you a rough idea
  • Options
    taking kids with you

Useful article for you :)
  • Options
    Are you going to the Chelmsford one, thats where I have been before......

The bands start a bit before midday but it depends who you want to see really, if you get there before midday there are likely to be some big queuse waiting to get in.

Normally finishes before midnight so its about half a day.....

I would imagine the same applies at Stafford, have fun.........:)
  • Options
    Congratulations on your choice of festival :) I'm a regular V-er and am going for the weekend again this year. It probably better for your that you only got a day ticket as the campsite is really basic (field, portable toilets - that's it) and so noisy ALL NIGHT that its not suitable for lit'luns. People do take kids to festivals but I imagine thousands of people & loud music could be daunting for a wee kid and also for you as a mum, worrying about him!

The bands start at midday and finish by about 11pm. However, queues out of the car park are mental with everyone trying to leave at once, so I'd suggest either leaving before the end of the last band or sit round and chill for an hour or so before heading off. Have fun :D
  • Options
    Yeah I'm a regular V-goer, and its a very good idea to leave early otherwise you *will* be queueing for hours, also make sure you make note of any landmarks that your car is near, as it can be very hard to find it in a huge field at night :)
    If you get there for about 12.30 the queues shouldn't be too bad, V Festival is all family friendly and nice and clean and stuff, so you should be fine with your child (i've seen plenty of people with small children there before) as long as you aren't planning on getting too close to the bands with him/her
    Are you going to Weston Park or Chelmsford?
  • Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for your replies, Its the chelmsford one im going to, cant wait to see the chillis! Im in two minds whether to take my little boy, my friend has said she will look after him for the day, but I dont want to rely on that so far in advance. my mum will be on holiday (which i didnt realise when I booked) so she cant have him. Ideally id prefer not to take him till hes a bit older- i remember my mum taking me to glastonbury when i was about 5, and I loved it, but any but if the worst comes to the worst then I guess i will take him, just will not be able to stay late into the night etc. hopefull it wont come to that though.
  • Options
    My boyfriend is going to the v festival and he cant wait he has already been to one or more festivals this year :)
  • Options
    im at V this year too lovey! for the weekend, we're staying at a farm over the road. Im gonna wear my thesite t shirt all weekend! :yes:

see you there x
  • Options
    I'm a virgin virgin at Weston Park, I can't wait.
    foo fighters and plump dj...i must see!!!

Got me, a new tent yesterday *yhaaa* :D
  • Options
    I managed to get a Sunday ticket for V at Weston Park...wanted a weekend ticket but didn't fancy paying £200 for the ones left on ebay... :rolleyes:

Have managed to find a hotel thats doing a V weekend special. It's opposite the railway station in Wolverhampton so we can catch the shuttle from there to Weston.

Am very excited about it!! Unfortunately won't get to see the Chillies....but decided I'd rather see Feeder, Ash, Coldplay etc... (Have heard that Feeder and Coldplay might be on at the same time :eek: )

Probably see some of you there!
  • Options
    yup feeder and coldplay headlining on different stages...bah!

This is who's on so far

V Stage
    sat
    Red Hot Chili Peppers -whooohoo!
    David Gray
    Queens Of The Stone Age -rock ya 'kin socks off
    PJ Harvey
    Morcheeba
    Inspiral Carpets --whooohoo! moo!
    Skin
    Ashley Hamilton
    sun
    Coldplay
    Foo Fighters -whooohoo!
    Ash
    The Hives
    The Cardigans
    Reel Big Fish
    Echo And The Bunnymen - cool
    Eisley

2nd stage
    sat
    Underworld
    The Coral
    Tim Burgess
    The Distillers
    Paloalto
    The Zutons
    sun
    Feeder
    Turin Brakes
    Super Furry Animals
    Kelly Osbourne
    Killing Joke -whooohoo!
    Athlete
    The Bees
    Basement

jjb arena
    sat
    Appleton -mmmmm
    Kosheen
    Big Brovaz
    Mint Royale - quality
    Gus Gus
    I Am Kloot
    Just Jack
    sun
    Lemon Jelly - da bomb
    Moloko
    Goldfrapp - mmmmm
    David Holmes Presents The Free Association
    Mis-Teeq - mmmmmm
    Dirty Vegas
    Slovo

Strongbow (not offical release)
    Stanton Warriors
    Plump Djs

not a badline up......full of rock n totty ;)
  • Options
    Oooh Im going to V too, at Chelmsford. See you guys there :D :thumb:
  • Options
    Ohhhh! Can't chose, can't chose!

Haven't seen Coldplay live before, but have seen Feeder.
    Prefer Feeder, but Coldplay are meant to be very good live.
    Grant Nicholas is fit....Chris Martin isn't....

Still can't chose!
  • Options
    Been to V (Staffs) for the past two years, dispite what some people say, it is a good festival and i had a great time. Chemical Brothers last year blew my mind! :crazyeyes

Any campers going to Weston Park this year try and go for the Red Campsite as thats closest to the area and handy for a burger brekkie :D

Have a geat time you lot (you lucky bastards!) Having said that i may be going to Leeds. Summer Summer Summertime!