Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Wet nails

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm typing having just painted my fingernails purple, & it got me thinking (ouch). What do you think is the hardest thing to do with wet nails?

I don't mean things that are hard to do anyway, but simple things that suddenly become complicated when your nails are wet & you're trying not to smudge them. Like typing, or opening chocolate bars.

Comments

• Options
    masturbating
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    masturbating
    :yeees:

Errrm...fiddling with hair, getting dressed, eating 'finger food'
  • Options
    This is totally irrelevant to your question, but if you dunk your hands in cold water it dries your nails.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    This is totally irrelevant to your question, but if you dunk your hands in cold water it dries your nails.

really? after all this bloody time!!!!! im gonna do that, every girl should know this!!! your a geniiiius!
  • Options
    Doing up strappy girlie shoes!
  • Options
    Sometimes i go out all gothic/punky with black nailvarnish and I can't stand opening my doors in the house :( Especially when I was carrying some stuff around.

Actually, most handles are a bugger for me.

But I haven't done it in months and thus, do not know of anything up to date. However, I would imagine that if I were to do it tomorrow, it would be going out and hanging with friends. Then you can't put your hands in your pockets, scratch an itch undo/do up buttons (Jacket buttons, pffttt you're all too smutty! :p) and so forth.
  • Options
    Everything is hard when you've got wet nails!!! Im crap, i just have to sit still and watch tv, even if you put them in cold water they're still soft for a while!
  • Options
  • Options
    Yea, I know that thing about cold water, but if they're not dry properly they get smudged when drying your hands.
  • Options
    pulling up socks
  • Options
    I usually do mine before I go to bed, cause then when I wake up they're all dry :)

But doing up buttons or shoes has godda be the hardest thing to do with wet nails :yes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1st_angel
    Yea, I know that thing about cold water, but if they're not dry properly they get smudged when drying your hands.

Well, who in the right mind would dry their hands? I know that if you used a little bit of common sense you'd just let them dry naturally... :rolleyes: