Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Father's Day Present Ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are you guys getting your Dads?

I'm now considering those see-thru Stella type Fridges for all his coke cans (he loves coca cola) .. Anyone know where they are going cheapest?

Although I already bought him a Freeview set top box last week for the TV in his room - .... damn .. should have waited a week!!! :D

Comments

• Options
    I hate having to think of prezzies for my Dad. He has no interests, no hobbies, nothing! Nor does he listen to music, or watch films. He only plays a bit of tennis, and he has everything he needs for that. There really is nothing I can get for him. :(
    My Mum's almost as bad.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I hate having to think of prezzies for my Dad. He has no interests, no hobbies, nothing! Nor does he listen to music, or watch films. He only plays a bit of tennis, and he has everything he needs for that. There really is nothing I can get for him. :(
    My Mum's almost as bad.

Mr_Wobble ;)

Get him some balls :lol: Personally, i think i will be getting my dad a tie, or something similar... i always run out of ideas when getting him things
  • Options
    socks, we always give him socks, oh and licourice (sp?) oh and there are these two expensive scalextics cars he wants so i'll be getting them for him!

It was my fathers bday last week, my sister and i gave him 3 marilyn monroe box sets (dvds), slippers, and a whole bunch of darrellea choccies!
  • Options
    my dad has kinda pissed me off big style recently, so he's getting nowt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    My Mum's almost as bad.

Mr_Wobble ;)

Does he eat chocolate? Mine doesn`t, he`s diabetic. :(

Mums always like flowers, don`t they??
  • Options
    my mum loves em, my dad gets em for her a fair bit
  • Options
    Okay, being a Father gives me a little insight here.

Please don't get socks or ties. We may look pleased to recieve them - and of course the thought does count - but deep down we're thinking "oh great, another pair of socks/tie :)

Look for something unusual. "Next" do some great knicknak gifts, as do many other places now and it is always a pleasure to recieve something unusual...

Oh, and one other thing. Give him a hug and tell him you love him. It's something you probably don't do very often now that you are older but believe me, no matter how much you spend on his present, he will appreciate this more...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames
    Dads are always tricky eh ...

I think I'm gunna get my dad a shirt and tie - because his wardrobe is a bit dated in that departmetn I think ...

although theres been quite a bit of advertising for www.redletterdays.co.uk who deal with dreams and stuff like that (i.e rally driving etc)

We sell them at Debenhams - and I've just won one for my boyfriend, waiting for more details on it :D
    They're pretty expensive you know.. I think the rally driving for example is £165 :p There's others though...

I have no clue whatsoever to buy my Dad, but I'm absolutely skint, all my dosh has gone on going Amsterdam... I'm going to buy him a card and then buy him a present later, because I want to buy him something really important :D
  • Options
    I know he's my dad n all .... but i'm not sure i would ... i love him to bits, i really do - i may not always show it, but i just feel uncomfortable hugging him - its something we've never done.

My point made for me. That you don't show it will make him wonder just how much you really care now. Believe me, you would regret not doing it if anything happened to him (heaven forbid)...

I'm sure you used to do it when you were small, but as we grow up we stop. I'm lucky enough to have young children still (9 & 4) and whilst the oldest doesn't hug me any more, my youngest does. I have to say that no matter how bad my day has been, or how depressed I am, he can always make things better (and put my world into perspective) just by hugging me and saying "I love you Daddy"...
  • Options
    one fathers day my sister and i both didn't give my dad socks, he was upset. he likes gettin them
  • Options
    but he's still your dad ...

tsk thats what they tell me....I shall however be getting my step-dad a fantastic present of some sort
  • Options
    oooh you are a firery one aren't you! :p
  • Options
    is a quid the same as a pound? :confused:
    sorry to be so unknowledgeble but yeah i'm still learning!
  • Options
    Yeah, a pound is the same as a quid (slang).

Don't know what I'll get my dad yet - a chocolate bar, perhaps. :p
  • Options
    mmm....chocolate! stupid diet :mad:
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Last year I made my dad a short video with loads of cool stuff telling him how great he is :) he liked it, and showed it off to everyone :p
  • Options
    that is so sweet flake, i think i may have to steal your idea before you copyright it :p
  • Options
    When is it?! This Sunday?

Shit. Totally forgot - been too busy with revision and I have no money. My Daddy will receive a hug from me. :D I'm a Daddy's girl, so a smile from me is all he needs. Hehe.
  • Options
    Me an my sisters r all putting muny together to get him a season ticket at the vetch cos even though there shite he still likes to go watch them
  • Options
    Ye swansea! at least they didnt get religated, my dad supports manchester city but this is his home team so i suppose he has to support them:P
    I support liverpool :D have done since i was 9 never gone to see them tho:(
  • Options
    I dont have a clue what to get my dad...As hes diabetic cant really buy him chocolate...And as hes just come out of hospital, he really still aint well enough to go out anywhere...He has all he needs, so i think ill just get him a card for now...
  • Options
    im gonna make my dad a CD, and im also going to visit him (hes in Scotland im in SE England. Im actually going up there mainly to visit my ill nana, but it will be the first time ive actually seen him on fathers day probably since i was about 4.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    I dunno. It's my dads birthday the day before fathers day too. :s

Me too.
    It's a pain in the arse isn't it?
  • Options
    AAAAAAA its that fat chef Gos :eek:
  • Options
    I have brought my dad a mug thing that u put in the freezer and it freezes the water stuff then when u put ur beer in it it stays cooler for longer. :yes:

I asked my dad what he wanted and he said a card would be nice. But he says that every year. :|
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Oh, and one other thing. Give him a hug and tell him you love him. It's something you probably don't do very often now that you are older but believe me, no matter how much you spend on his present, he will appreciate this more...

I tell my dad I love him everynight. :)
  • Options
    I don't agree with the capitalist stunts of mothers and fathers day. So tend not to get my parents anything. But when it comes to their birthdays I make a big effort.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I don't agree with the capitalist stunts of mothers and fathers day. So tend not to get my parents anything.

In which case I'm sure that you will be happy for them not to bother getting you anything for Christmas this year?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I have brought my dad a mug thing that u put in the freezer and it freezes the water stuff then when u put ur beer in it it stays cooler for longer. :yes:

Where did you get that?

I never know what to get my dad. : \
    Might take him to the races and buy him a pint.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Where did you get that?

Erm, a card shop in Northfield.

I think its called 'Card Factory' :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I asked my dad what he wanted and he said a card would be nice. But he says that every year. :|

I tell my dad I love him everynight. :)

Aaaah how sweet .. lucky guy ....

But why not play a trick on him - he asked for a card so give him a card made from an old cardboard box ... something funny like that!! You could draw a picture and stuff on one side and the other side might show it came froma box of nappies or condoms (if you really wanna freak him out!!)