Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Why Can't you just be quiet!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
today sat in my english exam , there were two lads sat making noises all the way through and wistling besides annoyin me , it's distracting and not only can their paper be disqualified but the whole halls can. It was only 2hours it just shows how immature and inconsidarate they are. They have done this in each english paper. The thing the moderators didnt know who it was and i dont think they would have done much anyway just tell them to shut up. :confused: :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Ugh how annoying. How did the exam go? I did my first German A level exam today and the GCSE English Lang-ers were in there with us. Was it ok?

It's also annoying when people don't stop clicking their pens in exams - clicky pens should be banned from exam rooms!
  • Options
    You should of made a complaint. :yes:
  • Options
    Yep, very annoying! Idiots. :p
  • Options
    Yea i thought of about complaining but they would probably know it was me and i cant be bothered with the hassle afterwards. The exam went fairly well thank you for asking, o i know click click click how irritating there is a girl in my form who is really annoyin in exams because she talks to her self so if your sat infront of her you can hear her mumbling:( Today by the end i wanted to go over and strangle them. How did the german go?
  • Options
    Originally posted by abbey
    Yea i thought of about complaining but they would probably know it was me and i cant be bothered with the hassle afterwards.

Well then its your own fault. Sorry to sound harsh but you have every right to complain and you should of. I mean just coz they dont give a fuck about what they get in their exam dont mean they can fuck it up for you as well. If you made a complaint they would of stopped. If they didnt u could of asked to move to another room.

Good luck in the rest of your exams. :)
  • Options
    Re: Why Can't you just be quiet!!!
    today sat in my english exam , there were two lads sat making noises all the way through and wistling besides annoyin me , it's distracting and not only can their paper be disqualified but the whole halls can. It was only 2hours it just shows how immature and inconsidarate they are. They have done this in each english paper. The thing the moderators didnt know who it was and i dont think they would have done much anyway just tell them to shut up. :confused: :mad:

I used to hate the way the female teachers in the exam would wear high heels when we were in our exams - tap... tap ...tap .. tap... as they walked about the room... would drive me crazy!!
  • Options
    Well there were plenty other people to complain too and i was spending more time concentrating on what i was writing than them, it was when i'd finished or paused for a minute when i noticed, but they shouldn't need telling they are 16 its time they grew up.

haha its kinda funny before an exam and they are trying to be quiet with their heels and can't lol.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    You should of made a complaint. :yes:

Yes :yes: :yes:
  • Options
    I have to admit... i'm a pen clicker. And a tapper. It helps me concentrate.

I'll leave now...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Why Can't you just be quiet!!!
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I used to hate the way the female teachers in the exam would wear high heels when we were in our exams - tap... tap ...tap .. tap... as they walked about the room... would drive me crazy!!

one teacher once told me, if a moderator is wearing noisy shoes, you can ask them to take them off!!;)
  • Options
    Nooooo - the worst has to be when you can hear the teachers whispering - whispering has to be the most annoying, off-putting sound in the whole world! I was sat at the front for my English exam, and all I could hear was the bloody moderators whispering and laughing. I was about to put my hand up and tell them to shut up, but somebody beat me to it :p
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    in my first Film exam this year, we were in the college Gym, and one of the teacher people kept on looking at me whenever i glanced up from my papers.. I reckon he must've thought i was cheating or something, coz he walked over, and went to the space inbetween my desk and the person in front and leant on the wooden climbybar things... and it gave the loudest creak!! I nearly started giggling it was so loud.. and then the teacher went away again :p

Another annoying noise during exams is the sound of papers being turned over :p
  • Options
    i think it is sooo rude, i mean how would they like it! they wouldn't, i'm just glad that at my last school they were sooo strict in exams, if you said one word you were kicked out and most of the time it was an instant fail. A bit over the top, but it worked well!
  • Options
    I agree it's really annoying! In our school all the exams are done on these single person wooden table things, and some of them are so old that they creak really loudly under the slightest weight. The people who are using them can't help it but it's really distracting!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Well then its your own fault. Sorry to sound harsh but you have every right to complain and you should of. I mean just coz they dont give a fuck about what they get in their exam dont mean they can fuck it up for you as well. If you made a complaint they would of stopped. If they didnt u could of asked to move to another room.

Good luck in the rest of your exams. :)

I'VE FINISHED MY EXAMS YAY!!!!!!
    The reason i did not complain like i was tryin to get across is i didnt want my head kicked in or have people shout abuse at me on they way home it really isn't worth that much.

On friday my friend came in late and she had loud shoes on which was bad enough , then her phone went off , so she went outside and turned it off and the thing is we all or atleast her should have got disqualified, but apperently they can't do anything because mr wollerton who is the exam coordinateur wasn't in the room so they don't have the power and they can't prove that it went off or something, but i could have killed her because she made sooo much noise messing around with her phone and getting settled , when her phone went off it threw me off completely and i forgot what i was going to write, but the thing that has annoyed me throughout my exams is that the invidulateurs can't and won't do anything, so if they don't have the power whats the point????

O WELL I'VE FINISHED AND NOW I CAN RELAX! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO STILL HAS EXAMS!!!!:D
  • Options
    Re: Why Can't you just be quiet!!!

What the fuck is wrong with these lads? Making noises in the test, if i was in a test and people were making noises and the moderator didn't do anything about it, i would just tel them to shut the fuck up and that you are trying to do a test and if the moderator said anything to you just say..well you weren't doing much about it.

:mad: :mad:
  • Options
  • Options
    I know just what DiamondGeezer means - we have this outside invigilator and she is such a cow. She just like barks all the time before my economics exam she went "You all know the rules." really nastily whereas most teachers normally try to be nice so you're relaxed. Then she walks around the wooden floor in her high heels in the exam then up these wooden stairs to the stage and then walks across the stage, which is hollow underneath so the sound echos. The worst thing is when teachers come in and out either changing shifts or to look at the exam paper and the doors open and close making noise. I find the best thing to do is just throw yourself into the work so you don't really pay attention to the noise. Two down, five to go! :D
  • Options
    On friday my friend came in late and she had loud shoes on which was bad enough , then her phone went off , so she went outside and turned it off and the thing is we all or atleast her should have got disqualified, but apperently they can't do anything because mr wollerton who is the exam coordinateur wasn't in the room so they don't have the power and they can't prove that it went off or something, but i could have killed her because she made sooo much noise messing around with her phone and getting settled , when her phone went off it threw me off completely and i forgot what i was going to write, but the thing that has annoyed me throughout my exams is that the invidulateurs can't and won't do anything, so if they don't have the power whats the point????

Two people from my school were disqualified from all their exams in the first two main exams (English and Maths I think) for mobiles going off. They were in a different exam hall to me so I don't know who they were, but they've been made examples of. I don't know of anyone since having a phone go off, though people still insist on bringing them in.

I think my school must be quite strict on exams, I can't believe half of the stuff I've just read! The most noise anyone's made in my exams is dropping their pen - even that's louder than when someone asks for extra paper. The only extra noise we get is kids going to PE (the exams are in the gyms), which is usually stopped quickly, indigilators coming up the stairs to the top gym, or kids outside at break - that has to be the worst.

Good for you having finished all your exams - I've got one to go on the 26th! It annoyed me this morning because the teacher invigilating assumed we'd all finished and after the exam said 'Well that's it for you all now! You can all go off and get drunk and party and go on holiday, and we'll see you on results day!'. I thought, no fair, I've got ages to go yet! :crying:
  • Options
    I remember in my exams the invigilators kept whispering to each other, so annoying :mad: